1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Second Deadly Sin

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by twinsmom, Aug 28, 2007.

1. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

She could feel the pangs of hunger voicing their mutiny inside her. Reluctantly she got up from the sofa, taking care to press the pause button on the remote control and walked to the kitchen. She boiled some water and emptied the contents of a packet of Slim Soup into her mug. Pouring the boiled water into the cup, she stirred it with a fork and carried it to the sofa… ten minutes later she walked back to the kitchen and tilted the mug upside down to catch the last few drops with her ‘eager for more’ tongue. As she threw her head up and back, she saw it! Tucked behind the bottles of kalathpodi and Shundakkai Vathal, the red and yellow packet of tortilla chips. When had she bought that? She couldn’t remember. A longing that was primeval stirred inside her. Just this once, she pleaded to herself… Don’t you dare! cautioned her conscience. You are on the fifth day of your diet…Now don’t give in….or I will call you a spineless lump! No, I am not, she told herself fiercely and walked back to the sofa. Before she pressed the play button, she changed her mind….Yes, I am….she conceded defeat…and walked quickly back to the kitchen shelf. She reached for the packet of tortilla chips…It is corn chips , not Potato wafers, she consoled herself … and then, irresistibly opened the cupboard where she had hidden the Pringles Onion and Sour Cream dip… Back on the sofa, she pressed the remote control…and indulged in the second deadly sin…Gluttony!

sindmani likes this.

2. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Hi twinsmom,
    Lovely one!!! I really envy people who can resist temptation. It's not easy at all, specially whne it comes to the foods that you love to munch. Finger foods like these are my Achilles Heel. Iam trying to forgo many of these foods of late, let's hope I succeed.
    For me it's the first and absolute sin.:yes:

3. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

Hi Janani,
    Only those who diet....diet.... and diet... know the taste of defeat! I suppose I had better post my piece on dieting!

4. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Hi twinsmom
    how true. Rising above temptations in choice of healthy food is exceptionally tough. You need to pamper your tongue once a while with high calorie chips or snacks right? :wink:
    Atleast your "SHE" could resist the temptation for the first 5 days..

Very lively and practical write-up. :2thumbsup:

5. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

Hi honeybee,
    What a terrible five days those must have been...eh?:wink: