The Schram Academy International CBSE school

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by manjumnair, Feb 13, 2008.

1. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

LKG has only swimming classes... skating starts from UKG... go for swimming once a week...

transportation charges will be there in the prospectus.. i forgot how much... i don't use transport as i stay nearby...

and about the percentage scored by students, i don't have any idea..

about vacancy level for LKG, they have seats for new kids... there is only one PreKG section...but there are 5 LKG sections with 25-30 in each class...

hope this helps..

2. Shobhap

Shobhap New IL'ite

Thanks for the Info Manju,
    Sayee, They were giving applications on 20th also. One of my friends has also got it. I don't know for how long they would continue to give. Also they have asked to come for the interview the very next day. Infact we shd be prepared paying the admission fee also imeadiately after being selected in the interview.
    We have postponed the interview to next week because we are awaiting results from 2 other schools this week. But they have said Only if they have vacancies during the date we have fixed for interview they would interview us. So we are just taking a chance. I am keeping this school as a last option because of the Maduravoyil campus is far from where we stay. Otherwise I liked the school.

Thanks
    Shobha

3. swarna_latha

swarna_latha New IL'ite

I have been to this school and got the application. But I am willing to wait for the other school results aswell. Does any one have an idea what is cancellation procedure in Schram? Very glad to have any comment.

4. athmaindu

athmaindu New IL'ite

Why are you waiting for the results from other schools? Aren't u satisfied completely with Schram? I am planning to put my kids there for 2009. Last year i went and saw, but somehow was not convinced completely. So decided to put my kids in a school closer to my home.
    But throughout this year, i kept on collecting reviews abt the school and also met with some students who are going from my area. They all seem to be ok......but if anybody has more info to share, please do so.

5. Shobhap

Shobhap New IL'ite

Maduravoyil campus is very far from where we live currently and that's why we hesitated. Even I had been there last year for Pre-kg. but some how dropped the idea as we did not have any Feedback from any one. Infact only a handfull of my friends and acquaintance knew the existence of such a school. Only after IL member Manju announced that she is happy with the school we reviewed the school again and also got Positive feedback from 2 other parents from the school.

By the way have you enrolled your kids, which class would they go ?. Any idea about the study pattern followed in the lower and higher classes?
    Any idea on the average percentage of marks scored by the X class students. ?

6. shweta0191

shweta0191 New IL'ite

HI Manju,

Saw ur post abt Schram Academy. I was also planning to put my son in the same school. But not able to find any info.
    Ur daughter is there. Can u plz provide me sm info abt the school, the academics, fe structure, faculty, etc.
    Every where wht I read abt the school, its like ....lots of extra curricular activities nad all that. But no body has mentioned anything abt the way of teaching, education and all.
    It wud be really helpful for me, if u cud give any info on the school.

Regards,
    Shweta

7. Swave

Swave New IL'ite

Dear Manju:
    I am also interested in the Schram School. WE are are thinking of R2I this year. Could you please tell me how the approach roads are? Is there heavy traffic?
    How about infrastructure of the school? Are the Clasrooms AC? and the Bathrooms Clean (My son's main concern :bowdown)

Thank you for helping us with your input
    :)

8. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Hi Shweta, Swave,

Sorry for the late reply. I was out of town for the past one week. Teaching is fine in TSA, still it differs with every teacher..some of them are very good. The teaching is more activity based. i think i have posted some of the activity sheets for LKG in some other thread titled "what do kids learn in LKG, UKG ?"

About fee structure, this year there is a rise in fee. i don't know how much the new admissions paid. The school was good for my kid last year and she has improved a lot.

And about the traffic to both Anna Nagar and Maduravoyal, it will be heavy traffic in the school hours. the approach road to Maduravoyal was bad, but now the road construction is almost completed, so u can expect less congestion..

Classrooms in Maduravoyal campus is AC. Bathrooms were clean when we saw.

Any other queries are welcome..

9. Swave

Swave New IL'ite

Thank You Thank you very much. We will be in ekattuthangal and I heard it is quiet a distance from there. I had narrowed down Schram Academy along with PSBB millenium. Because of the R2I date not set yet, and looking through Schram's Website I am thinking, it might be a better fit for my kids. I have a 11 yr old going to 7th grade and a 5yr old going to 1st grade.

I have just another question on second language? What is their policy on second/third language?

My kids know just the basics of Tamil. My FIL is going to meet with the school. But it might be better to get ur opinion on it? How do parents in older classes feel about the school?
    Thank you again
    Swave

10. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Hi Swave,

The school start second language in UKG. From UKG, kid can opt for either Tamil or Hindi. then in second std they have the option of selecting French as 2nd language if they want to have a change in the 2nd language. From 6th grade, a kid can opt for either Tamil/Hindi/French as the 3rd language in addition to the 2nd language.

Parents in higher classes have mixed opinion about the school. some of them say, the school is very good. some others have the opinion that the class strength is increasing, importance of extra curricular activities reducing as they go to higher classes etc.. but there will always be +ves and -ves... All the best...