The Schram Academy International CBSE school

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by manjumnair, Feb 13, 2008.

1. iniyamalar

iniyamalar Gold IL'ite

Hi mamas..

vanakkam..
    iam new to IL..
    Well to start with...
    howz la chatelaine now?
    i was an old student ,an residential student- who felt at home all the time..esp.food
    is that lunch for all system still there?
    if the princi is still Mrs.susila...well close ur eyes n join the kids..she is great..
    well not all princis get a thumbs up from students right..she is good.
    but then i was there well. almost 10 yrs back..even then it was a model school..i see that as they said ..everything is computerized after all.
    as for teachers..they were all totally dedicated..there was not a teacher whom we didn't like ..everyone was so cool..we chat with them like friends...they were easy with kids..(iam talking abt higher sec teachers..)so kintergarden must b great..after all these years..we had some really innovative pattrn of education in the school.i liked tht
    hope its the same lcrjc now..

2. iniyamalar

iniyamalar Gold IL'ite

Hi ..
    Me again..

So coming to the main part..
    we have a 3yr4mnth old son ,who already has seen three playschools by this age..
    the first one in chennai-kangaroo kids,(a really good one-in nungambakkam)the next in shanghai
    the third n present in shanghai..which is sooo good...he is sooo happy here..n i really feel terrible to take him out of there..but
    we need to get back to chennai by this oct..
    n i donno wht to do..i know it's late..but its like that all so soon..
    now the thing is..
    we will b put up in annanagar n i want something closeby..kangaroo kids is a bit far.n they dont have vehicle facility.
    i already had so many ppl talk abt schram..but i need more information..

my son is a very social guy who is used to this too casual kind of schooling .he can speak a little english with a bit of asian accent.Now we might move again to somewhere else in an year..so i need him to maintain his language n interpersonal skills ...so tht it will b easy for him later ..
    wht is the teacher student ratio in schram?
    are they all montessori trained?
    any native english speaking teachers?
    do they have transportation facility?
    Is lunch n snacks provided?
    wht is the LKG timing?
    has anyone have their kid in LKG...there?..plz help me..

3. Jesus

Jesus New IL'ite

Hello,

I am a new member of IL. I was going thru this thread and I wld like to add my observations...this is purely from what parents have disclosed.

My neighbours' son studies in Schram. She mentioned that the class rooms are not yet Air conditioned. They also overload children with too much home work. But the positives are that children have lots to extra curricular activities - but not much on the premises. eg :They transport them to a particular location by bus for swimming.U could check these out once again with other parents as well.

Spartan CBSE in comparitively new...has similar activities like Schram ..Again swimming not on the premises . Less students in each class, but again ur child will get attention bcoz not many parents are vying with each other for admission to these schools.

I wld like to mention that these are just observations or facts which parents disclose while speaking abt their children. U can make queries and choose the right ons for ur child.

Rgds
    Jesus

4. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Hello,

My child goes to schram acadmy (anna nagar campus). She started going to LKG last month. As Jesus mentioned, the classes are not yet air conditioned, as they had mentioned in their prospectus. Also facilities for swimming and roller skating, are not available with in the premises.

Otherwise, i find the school good for the child's overall development. The class size is small. The teacher gives individual attention to each and every student. My daughter likes to go to school. Her development for the past one month is also good. She is enjoying the school.

About the home work part, i don't know about the higher classes, but for LKG, the home work they give is not an overload. They give projects for the weekends, like collecting pictures and pasting them etc.

As a new parent of Schram Academy, my first impression about the school is good.

5. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Hi iniyamalar,

You may get admission to Schram academy if you come in the middle of the year also. Now to your questions... My daughter goes to LKG in schram's anna nagar campus.

Her class has 23 children... as i mentioned in the previous post, she is getting good attention. Most of the teachers are montessori trained. There are some Anglo Indian teachers in the school. But they bring in international trainers by the middle of the year...that is what the information i got from the last parents -teachers meeting.

Transportation facility is available.
    It is better if you could sent snacks and lunch eventhough they provide kids with some snacks.

Timings is from 8.30 am - 2.30pm... The classes are till 11.40 only...later the kids will have lunch and sleep, (for LKG for the first two terms... )

6. iniyamalar

iniyamalar Gold IL'ite

Hi manju..
    Thnx for the input..
    We might come back to chennai in few months..Hope they have all the promised facilities by then.
    By the way,u said they have 23 kids in one class?how many teachers per class?
    1:6 is the good student teacher ratio for kindergarten kids.
    Do the LKG kids have writing practise.because here they don't have it until 1st grade
    do they have text books(gee..i sound stupid..but yet..plz enlighten me)because i heard some schools have..i had good feedback about the school from many.
    Do they teach tamil??
    Before we came here,i had put my son in Kangaroo kids in nungambakkam whn he was 2 yrs/
    it was really good.the only problem now would be the distance.they don't have transport.
    anyways..
    thnk you again...
    hope to see u all soon.

7. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Hi iniyamalar,

I don't know if there is any school which has a 1:6 teacher-student ratio in this area... I know that many of the schools in Anna Nagar area has about 55-65 students one class. Compared to that Schram Academy has less students per class. My daughter's class is handled by one teacher. But she is good enough.

They introduce cursive writing from LKG onwards. In the first term, now they have not yet started with that. I think children has to learn to write numbers till 10 also.. That is what i understood from her books. It is given in a simple way so that children will enjoy writing them, by colouing and tracing the letters. Other than that all other are oral exersices only. They have many rhymes and other skill development books. To me, the syllabus feels good.

Tamil, Hindi and French are offered as second language from UKG. The second language will be introduced in the UKG..... Can write to me if u have any more doubts...

8. benazirshaja

benazirshaja New IL'ite

hi
    my daughter is 4.5 yrs now.planning to come to chennai in march 09.
    1.will she get admission in schram school or is it difficult like in psbb?
    2.do they have some entrance tests?
    we r coming from uk.she speaks good english and knows to write too.(but only english.)
    3.will she be taken in ukg or 1st std (she will be 5 yrs and 4 months )by jun09.
    4.is the school near to annanagar west?
    thx in advance

9. avee

avee New IL'ite

hai manjumnair,

I was browsing through the threads to get every details of scharm academy. I am thinking of putting my LKG daughter to Scharm(nulumbur,new campus) in second term of this academic year and plan to put my 6th grader the next academic year(maduravoyal campus).
    I knew that the school concentrates well on extra curricular areas, but heard they have only 7 students in 10 th grade, I was surprised to hear that. As a parent what r your veiws on that? Is it bcoz school doesnt take care well on academics, so people shift kids while in highschool or something to a new school(good 10 and 12 th results do matter much in our education system). These are my worries and doubts do clarify if you have any inputs

input info: Scharm academy started their third campus in Nolumbur,5minutes drive from main maduravoyal campus(preKg-2nd Grade)

thanks avee

Last edited: Sep 5, 2008
  10. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Hi avee,

That's news to me... I didn't know about the strength of 10th Standard in Schram Academy... I think it is because Schram is a new school.... I agree with you...10th and 12 th results are important... But I think Schram is in a budding stage... They will develop well in academics also... Please don't expect them to be PSBB or DAV... The pattern of teaching is also different from those schools.. DAV's are more study oriented...

Please put your children to Schram Academy only if you are fully satisfied with the school... It would be difficult later to shift children to a new school in higher classes...

As far as I know, the lower classes in Schram are doing good... the school is only about 8 years old.. All the Best for a bright future for ur kids, Avee....