3. Average

3 vote(s)
    4.3%
  4. Boring

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a lot, Sona. It is very kind of you to dig my old posts. I wrote The Scar in 1998 first in Tamil for a magazine called Anandha Vikatan and then translated it into English for Deccan Herald.
    thanks for the nice words.
    regards,

2. dream.girl

dream.girl Silver IL'ite

Dear Varolatti sir,

I´m Totally speechless and I´m crying like a baby....

Oh my god such a lovely and wonderful storyBow,We are really lucky to have u sir..

Sharada is she a humanbeing or a goddess, who had taken a promise from her mom n dh not to reveal the secret of the scar....Sethu is really unlucky fellow who couldn´t get and share complete love of her sister..I congratulate Balan for marrying Sharada by looking at her internal beauty..

U´r story would remain as a scar in my heart sir..:bowdownto always remind me that the Only Internalbeauty is everlasting beauty....

Hugs,
    dg..

3. varalotti

dear dg,
    You made me speechless with your emotional fb. My daughter who might be a year or two younger to you, read all my stories a few years back and since then has been asking me every now and then, 'When are you going to write a story like The Scar?'
    And now reading your fb, I feel that her question is now being repeated. Thanks dg for the nice words.
    Take care. especially with your weight reduction programme.
    love,

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,

What a lovely story, about the Scar, and dear Sharada.Wonderful and very very touching.Superb.I am 3 yrs late in reading it.Regards.kamal

5. varalotti

Dear Kamal,
    You are not late at all. My stories will wait for you. Thanks for those nice words.
    love,

6. priyasree

priyasree New IL'ite

Hi,

Very touching story it is.

Good contributions and all these short story teach a lot of morality.

Regards
    Priya:)

7. varalotti

Thanks Priya.Thanks a lot.
    I am now writing this into a 70 page Tamil novel for a publisher in Chennai
    regards,

8. smileypooja

smileypooja Senior IL'ite

Dear Varalotti,

As i was reading the story i just pitied for sethu...that he could never understand his sister's love and sacrifices....what a cold heart Rantsethu had???just because of a scar?? I hope this is not a real story and no brother would be so harsh towards his own sister....i must really appreciate:bowdown balan for seeing the inner beauty in sharadha...and he did a good work by writing a letter to sethu so that he would atleast feel ashamed of himself and stop hating his sister....for her soul to rest in peace...

the suggestion at the end by balan at the end was good..for sethu to become a plastic surgeon...so that other sister's atleast would not be deprived of their brother's love...

hatt's off t you as usual ...:hatsoff

pooja.

9. varalotti

Dear Pooja,
    Thank a lot for reviving this thread.This was almost the first post I made in IL when there were less than a hundred members. (Today we have close to 32000 members)
    And this post got me the very first award in IL - the Best Poster Award - as it was called then.
    Honestly no story affected me so much like this one. I wrote this in Tamil and then translated into English.
    And then I made this into a full-fledged Tamil novel by elongating the story. It is being considered by a popular monthly novel magazine.

You are right. That kind of hatred is quite unusual but definitely not impossible. Especially when the feelings get frozen as childhood fear, then they turn into hatred later. So Sethu does not have the advantage of looking at his sister afresh, as Balan and others could do easily. Some psychologists believe this kind of hatred is humanly possible.

And again unless I depict this kind of hatred, how can I write about that kind of love?
    Thanks once again for the fb, Pooja.
    Love,
    sridhar

10. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear sridhar sir,
    i stumbled into this today and am full of tears......it is surely one of the most touching ones that i have read in recent times and with the bro-sis relationship i just couldnt bear it..
    hats off to sir:thumbsup

love
    Mindi..