1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The satchet revolution!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Soldier, Apr 29, 2010.

1. sandh

sandh IL Hall of Fame

hai soldier.........you are right sachets are very help ful to try it on .thanks for sharing .sandhya

2. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Very impressed to read the post. I suppose the only negative point an incorrigible cynic would find in it is that satchets bring in polythene bags and polythene raises disposabilty issues. But then you can't get something out of nothing. From your description, it appears to me at least that the plus points obviously dominate.

But it also brought up a bizarre thought. Could education be sold in satchets too? May be a silent revolution of that sort has already taken place. There was a time when no one had heard of objective tests. And nowadays, they are the ones that rule the roost. I recall my young days, which I must have shared with people like Cheeniya, Chitvish etc., when learning the art of writing essays was a much dreaded (by students) as well as lauded (by guardians, teachers etc.) part of the syllabus in schools. Having been associated with the education sector all my life, I have seen how that has changed over time.

The students I used to teach at the Indian Statistical Institute as a young man knew how to write a few pages of consistent prose. Over time the standards metamorphosed and we too adjusted to the changing world by transforming the way question papers were set. Two types of questions we began to call them. Short answers and long answers, with ever greater weight being attached to the first type. Short answers would call for a single word response, yes or no. The long answers were left to the students' imaginations. Mostly with disastrous results.

But then, I have no quarrel with the situation either. I believe in moving on with the world. Whatever the world feels comfortable doing, it should do. Satchets or cannisters, kung-fu or AK-47's, one must learn to look at things positively.

And if you keep your eyes and heart open, you are bound to discover the positive things more than the negative. You have shown this so eloquently through your satchets full of everything that one could ask for. A wonderful market driven device to carry out what statisticians call sampling, isn't it?

I wish things like love, humour, anger and other emotions too could be "sold" in satchets. Who knows, perhaps they are already out in the market. In case of love especially, the satchet technology could reduce the probability of broken marriages!!

A nice thought provoking post.

3. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Thank you Sandhya for your fb and for reviving this thread.

4. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Thank you Sir! Thanks also to Sandhya for reviving this thread which has brought your entry too here. Probably you must have missed it earlier.

I feel honoured by your stepping in here. Nice to noted that you have observed the positive factors in satchet revolution!

Emotions in Satchets! Oh! a strange thought. But then love and humour cannot be limited to satchets naa? May be satchet is ok for anger, hatred and the like of negative emotions!

Thank you Sir for the fitting fb!