1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The satchet revolution!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Soldier, Apr 29, 2010.

1. shreyashreyas

shreyashreyas Gold IL'ite

a great marketing technique also right soldier.... but its now at the company's risk... because if the product is not good then it is bad for their sales... but good for us that we didnot waste money....

great writeup soldier....

2. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Nice write up. this brought back memories of strings of sachets hanging in front of stores in India. In the US, everything is super sized - nothing comes in a sachet. I miss them sometimes. The only sachets I have seen here are the ketchup ones in fast food places.
    Of course, I also remember being stuck in the bath with no scissors and a sachet of shampoo that refused to open - had it tear it with my teeth!!!

3. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

Malls,

Your post made me remember the days when in India I used the Rs.1/- shampoo sachets...gosh so long back here in US we don't get anything in sachets. Like Kamalji said, my bathroom too then resembled like in paan wala shops with half empty sachets of shampoo. Speaking of paan shop, I get reminded of sachets of Triveni and flavored betel nuts also in sachets that I used to buy.

They are really so consumer friendly in my opinion, in the sense you don't have to buy the whole bottle and try using the small sachets to see if one likes it or not. I really like the idea and is great while traveling don't you think so??

Malls, this was a very nice snippet of yours and I thoroughly enjoyed reading all about the glory of Sachets.:thumbsup

Love
    Jaya

4. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Hi Soldier:

Indeed, the satchet revolution is commendable. I missed sample satchets while living abroad - so if I was unsure of a certain product, I was weary of buying it since I didn't want to waste the whole amount if i happened not to like it.

It is amazing the range of products that we get in satchets in India. Thanks to C K Prahlad and Hindustan Lever for it:)

Sindhu

5. yams

yams Platinum IL'ite

yes akka! you are off course right!
    these sachets have made life much easier!:thumbsup

6. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

Pad Ma - I agree with you. But since we haven't used these good emotions for long, we may not buy bulk packs - so small packs are ok to motivate initially & later mass consumption. :)

7. Deepali_deepali

Deepali_deepali Gold IL'ite

Hi soldier,

See you've come up with a good marketing topic. Undoubtedly sachet has brought revolution sice its inception in the market. They are money saving and yes gives us the opportunity to try and test differennt products at a very low cost.

Nice topic..

8. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mallika
    An interesting study about the sachet. It was Dr.Rajkumar of Velvette Cosmetics who pioneered the use of sachet in the cosmetic and healthcare market. His brother Dr.Ranganthan is now ruling the Indian cosmetic market with his CavinCare Products. Sachets brought about a hundred fold increase in tobacco related products.

Whenever I attend a marriage, dinner used to be my main focus! After indulging in some hectic eating, I would pick up some sachets of Supari and retire to some dark corner where I'll start my fight with the sachets. I try to tear off the sachet with a view to consuming the contents. This fight invariably projects me in some grotesque poses as though half a dozen bugs are biting me simultaneously in half a dozen inaccessible portions of my body! The sachet would be the winner most of the times.By that time, all my food would have been completely digested and I would dump the sachet in the WPB. When my DW is around, she would help me with a safety pin from her bangle or her Mangal Sutra to tear off the sachet! This is one of the reasons, I look upon her as an indispensable part of me in all the forty two years of our married life. I mean the fact that she is never without a safety pin that comes handy as a tooth pick to thorn extractor!
    Sri

9. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hello Soldier,

Agree with u on Satchet Revolution!!!

:exactly:

10. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Thank you Kamalji for the first entry here. Yeah sometimes I too feel so happy to have a 1Re. Tide packet when my dishwashing soap gets over. When my maid is on leave, i can wash a big load of utensils with just Re.1 powder.