1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The routine...

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rakhii, Jun 28, 2010.

1. neha1

neha1 Silver IL'ite

Rakhii,
    I would love to dress or do anything for my DH ,if he asked me too(I generally dont even let it go to that extent that he has to ask me something!). Routines do set in and it is our responsibilty to break it. I don't think men are from mars. They pretty much have emotions,long for affection and can 'understand' their wives.In my opinion, your DH just loves you and is comfortable telling you whatever he thinks. Don't over think this situation. Cherish your routines as well. I would not mind going through the same day for the rest of my life if it were with my DH:thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2010
  2. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

I am glad someone started this thread. I have been dying to talk to someone about this.

We have been married for almost 4 years now. Have a 2.5 year old son.
    I get the same complaints from my husband: You do not take care of yourself. You do not even wax.
    I used to be all that before. In the early days of marriage, before he comes home, I will change to a Sari and open the door with a smile. He misses all that cheerfulness in me.

Its not that I love him any less, but my energy gets used up around my son and I just dont feel even a last drop of energy left to look after myself.

I started full time work recently and that has thrown my house and routine into a CHAOS.
    I feel guilty for most of the time, but honestly I feel very very tired at the end of the day.

As a first step, I have decided to bring my weight down. Once out of the overweight category, I believe, the body metabolism will keep going a little more during the day.

3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Thanks all for sharing your views and experiences. I guess i need to be more proactive than just complain about the routine (what I understood from most of the posts). Just that...I don't know; every day waking up at 4:45 in the morning to get to work and returning only at 6 PM isn't helping much. On top that, cooking, cleaning, maintaining the garden but really, that's no excuse.

4. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

This morning I had to wake up at 6:00 in the morning to go for the cpa exam, and I am sooooo whooped. I'm dying for a nap. I think if I had to wake up at 4:45 every morning I would go insane. The fact that you are able to even keep up a routine with that schedule is amazing. :bowdown

1 person likes this.