1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The role of Astrology/Horoscope match in your marriage life

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Tugga, Mar 21, 2010.

1. saipavani123

saipavani123 Silver IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]Hmm..its all about belief . I personally do believe in astrology but told by trusted people..not randomly anyone. My dad's cousin is very good astrologer. All my dad's family's horoscopes he takes care of. I started believing it from my +2. I don't completely depend on it. I just take it as reference. We trust my dad's cousin as he checks our horoscopes (no monetary business) and says what exactly is problem. What all he predicted from my +2 it was alll true. I sometimes even wonder how it became true. Once during my college placements there was a company which i liked and wanted to get into it. My uncle(dad's cousin told me I would get a job on 17h of july...but that company was coming on 13th of july...I was feeling bad I may not get into it... but not disheartened and I continued studying for that company to give it a try ...suddenly at the end moment it changed its date of campus placement to july 16th. And there I got into it on july 17th !!...many instances like this. Even he predicted my marriage exactly.... So i think i do believe but not completely dependant on it.
    [/JUSTIFY]

1 person likes this.
  2. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

Hi Tugga,

I personally don't believe astrology charts but I do believe Palmistry. I was said that I will not be able to do MBA and can't have a career which I never believed before and you know what happened now. Either a coincidence or palmistry works. I don't know.

My close friend's grand mom [Very reliable] saw palmistry as well as astrology charts...I mean matches for me and my fiance. Since he is a Christian, we made a chart for him and checked it. She told us about our career which was perfect. But when it came to love compatibility, she said..'Don't believe all this stuff. No astrologer can predict this perfectly. So go ahead and get married.' Not all astrologers say this openly. I tell you...mostly astrologers will be money minded and do not encourage inter-religious marriages. So will highlight only bad things in the charts. Don't believe them. If you feel disturbed, go for the remedies which is again a money making game but may give you a self-satisfaction.

Don't give importance to these stuffs. Take care! :)

3. Foundlove

Foundlove Gold IL'ite

Dear Tugga,
    Personally I do not believe in this. What I believe in is Faith,hard work, honesty and "Karma" (If you do good ...good will come to you)

I have followed that and have gained many good things in life.

Try to google "The Law Of attraction" ....the author talks about how positive thinking and good expectations will bring that to your life and vice versa...so don't have bad thoughts and concentrate on the Good part of your life.

Everything will be fine.

Good Luck.
    FL.

4. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

Thanks everyone for poping in... This is indeed an interesting topic to debate:)

I agree with Sri Vidya to some extend.. It is all about beliefs and faith. For those who believe in astrology, it is a truth.

I happened to meet a wonderful astrologer a couple of week before. He is a very old person from Kerala. According to him, astrology is a statistical science. It is a big ocean and there are so many "new things" to learn.

He shared some interesting incidents with me about the impact of astrology in Indian community.

A girl was predicted to be elapsed with a boy when she was 16, hence her parents started descipline her too much by interfereing into her personal matters. That made her find love and peace outside her home, hence she really elapsed with a boy. The reality was, her age and curiousity about the astrological prediction coupled with her family torture made her fall for this guy who showed love and affection to her.

Similarly another girl was predicted to be remained single if she is not married before she is 18 years old. Therefore her parents rushed to find a groom and got her married before she was 18.

On the other hand, some astrologers give remedies as an option in order to protect us from the bad happenings. It works for some, as it is all connected to human brain/mind. It just a matter of diverting your mind from the bad predictions.

One famous astrologer challenged me saying that my wedding will never happen, or even it will be called off at the wedding hall as I have a strong Dosa or something in my chart and our charts are not matching.
    I was little worried as one of my maternal uncle (who is very close with us) was became suddenly sick and almost died during our wedding time. But I had complete trust in God, and hence my marriage was taken place at the said date/time.

When I met that astrologer after my marriage, he told me it is a miracle or I have some power from the God...

I am not into this astrology or horoscope thing, though I am interested in learning about them. I didn't take them into my mind before marriage, as no one talks about astrology in my circle. But after marriage, it is very different as everyone in my DH's family talks about it and do remedies all the times. They confuse me by saying some bad things... Though I stand by my principles, my mind goes nowhere seeking info about this astrolgy thing.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  5. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

Tugga,

I've told this story before, but since you asked and I don't mind sharing it, here it is again...

My dh and his ex wife were married (arranged marriage) in 2003. Two different astrologers said their marriage was a 'match made in heaven' and that they were soooo perfect for each other. They fought like hell, hated each others guts, split in 2004, divorced in 2005.

My dh and I met in 2005, dated until 2007 when we married. My inlaws hated me from the start, and surprise surprise, they had a horoscope booklet done up for me and it came out HORRIBLE. Supposedly our marriage was doomed, my dh's health was at stake, financial problems, compatability problems, probably divorce... blah blah blah. Basically everything bad you can think of, it was in there. Today it is 2010 and we have been married over 3 years, together 5, which is way longer than my dh was ever with his so called 'perfect' ex.

I think in love marriages... the astrologers know who is paying their fees and prepare the chart accordingly. Meaning, if parents are against the match, I think it's more than just cooincidence that the match comes back 'bad'. I believe astrology is a bunch of psuedo science.

Moral of the story is.... why break your head over an astrology prediction that holds as much power as a flip of the coin or roll of the dice? If it says financial hardship.... ask yourself... does anyone ever go their whole life without some type of financial problems? Probably not! Does any couple go their whole life without some type of squabble? Probably not!

My crappy astrology chart is lying in a dumpster somewhere and I could care less what venom any astrologer pumps out on my mil's dime. I love proving that dumb chart wrong every morning I wake up next to the guy who loves me. We've had problems, we got through them.... which is more than I can say for him and his 'perfectly matched' ex.

Just something to think about. :thumbsup

6. sangeeta2010

sangeeta2010 New IL'ite

I cannot tell for sure whether I believe or not. I kind of sit on the fence when it comes to belief in this subject. All this because of my experience.

My friend's sister's wedding was fixed for May 22nd 1991. Remember, what happened on that day on May 21st 1991???.........Rajiv Gandhi, assasinated.

Before the wedding one astrologer predicted that my friend's sister's wedding will be amidst lot of chaos and confusion and though they may find it impossible to have wedding that day but it will happen.
    It happened exactly like he predicted. There was curfew in the city and the marriage was almost called off but out of the blue, one congress worker came in to ask the marriage hall to be evacuated. My friend's parents pleaded him to arrange for the groom to come from 5km distance where he was located. Finally, this guy felt pity and made arrangements and the knot was tied. They had to postpone all other misc. celebrations but atleast the main item was done.:thumbsup

I wonder why the same astrologer did not alert the PM on this. May be, because he did not have a look into the PM's birth chart......:hide:

Now, another astrologer, supposedly a famous one, predicted that my sister will have twin girls but my sister so far has 2 boys and her tubes are tied. He predicted my sister will have lot of trouble with inlaws and so some puja needs to be done for pariharam. My sister has arranged marriage and her hubby lost his mom when he was 12yrs and dad died 3yrs after son's marriage.....:bonk

So, with such contrasting predictions, I cannot strongly say I believe or not. May be I will take the good predictions and leave the bad ones.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  7. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

Thanks for sharing your story once again with me.. It is really helpful:)

8. sharanyadevi

sharanyadevi Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    Me too believe in astrology to an extent...More than that there is a supreme power GOD.. He decides the decision for us...
    Right from my studies, wedding, health, career everything was as per astrology..
    My parents are much into astrology.

It was my final year BBM exams (April), in my grandma's house at Kerala we all gathered together (big family) since a famous Astrologer was coming home to predict my last uncle's wedding.. He was given a bunch of horoscopes including mine.. The astrologer told suddenly that uncle's wedding will be delayed, but there will be an engagement before May 30th..We were all surprised and was thinking whose engagement it will be, as my uncle is the only one who was ready for wedding and we all are still doing our final year semester...

It was all of sudden My wedding was fixed on July 13th and my engagement date was set for May 13th on my B'day:hide:
    Then i started believing astrology to an extend.. Even the trip to kuwait he predicted so accurately, my laproscopy, my TTC journey everything...

Though i believe in astrology, i too strongly feel that God is the one who decides everything for us...and prayers can make wonders in life...

9. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

This is what I wondered before I read your above lines... He he... Good point to think about.

Also, there were many predictions about Indian (even American) political changes, cricket matches, and about celebrities etc etc...by our Indian astrologers, But most of them happened to be false predictions.

10. kma

kma Gold IL'ite

I too sit on the fence on this issue. There have been some correct predictions and some wrong predictions too. I only think of astrology if I am feeling too down and need some positive boost from someone who can tell me everything is fine, or this is only temporary everything will be fine etc. If I am doing fine, I keep away from astrology because I do not want to disturb my mind.

As Sharanya said, the ultimate deciding factor is God. The same science says that if you have enough faith in God, He will see that all these doshas do not touch you. :confused2: