1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The role of Astrology/Horoscope match in your marriage life

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Tugga, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

Hi Ladies (and Gentlemen),

As you all know, we had a love marriage... Not only religious and cultural differences but our charts too didn't match.

Infact I didn't have a horoscope chart before marriage, but my ILs made one for me (with the help of a very famous astro) and tried to match them with my DH's. It said we have less than 2 matches or so... But we went ahead and got married last year.

We have some marital issues due to the interferences of our ILs (FIL) and other finance related issues, but it doesn't make our life bad. Overall, we are a happy couple with lots and lots of love and affection. All those minor problems were faded out with time and some immediate actions, but it didn't affect the deep love of ours.

However, now I am hearing from my ILs that we will never be happy, and our life will have plenty of problems in terms of finances, child birth, health issues, happiness etc..etc.. due to the mismatch. Hence they force me to do some remedies, which I can not do.

I personally do not believe in horoscope so is my DH. I always give my life in the hands of God, but after hearing the recent readings from my DH's family astro, I feel little confused now as the reading was too bad:bonk

Please tell me where you stand in this regard... Appriciated if you could compare your current life with the predictions (Horoscope matching) at the time of your marriage?

Regards
    Tugga

2. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear Tugga,

Life is a mirror of your thoughts and actions. As a thumb of the rule I only like hearing good things in my horoscope and not the bad ones. Firstly I don't show and if I do then only good things I am eager to hear.

I personally believe that no one on this earth has the capability to predict my future and say I will be unhappy because I won't be. Those who say I will be unhappy can eat my dust.

As for my marriage, it was a love marriage so matching horoscope was never required and we live a very happy married life. My sister also had a love marriage and she and her husband had only 4 points matching, result, she has 2 lovely daughters, 13 years of marriage and fabulous compatibility. She leads a very happy marriage life. Both of them share a fabulous rapo, they go for salsa together, enjoy extra curricular activities and have fun. Had they believed that because the horoscope is not matching they should not get married, I wonder what their life would have been.

Me and my husband never bothered to show.

So as a rule of the thumb, those who say you will be unhappy can eat your dust.

Have a great great day ahead.

regards

3. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi tugga,
    ours was an arranged marriage & hence horoscope played a major role.infact the 1st step was horoscope matching.
    well,our horoscope matched & hence we went to next step of 'seeing each other'.as our ideas matched ,our family background was equal & most of my own criteria were met so we got engaged.
    our pundit had suggested that my dh wear one ring which would result in betterment of life.my parents did not force him & neither did i .i was told to follow some puja rituals which i did not do.
    then inspite of being highly qualified my dh was not getting good break .so after one year of marriage i suggested that he wears that ring which pundit had suggested.well,he did try & it worked.not only in professional level but also on personal front(i was trying to concieve & succeeded the very 1st mth he wore the ring)
    but dh was not very comfortable with the ring so sometimes would not wear it for days.well,we faced ups & downs.he left the job without any reason & i had already left job as was preggie.
    then after a year of up & down we finally settled in life & from that time to now he is wearing the ring & it seems to suit us.

ladies,this is my personal experience & i am not suggesting to tugga she should do something opposite to her nature.i followed because i am believer in astrology.if u are not then u can give ur own reasons & quote ur own exteriences.pls,don't try to faultfind my decision.
    rgds
    pragati

4. kitty123

kitty123 New IL'ite

Tugga, Personally, I do not believe much in astrology. What is astrology? It is another kind of statistical science. If 100 people have so and so graha in such and such position then this will happen. So, when 101st person walks in then ofcourse, the astrologer will say very confidently it will happen. But, does it always? It may or may not. Because, you are forgetting the human emotion, psychology, and also economics involved in it.

Ok I will explain with an example. A so-called most popular astrologer in the city who lived his whole life predicting other people's future and also built two bungalows, had 3 cars and lived a posh life, told that my cousin would never succeed in his attempts to go abroad....to US.
    My aunt and uncle lived hand to mouth and could only afford education in govt. schools and colleges for their kids. Now, this cousin of mine got disappointed and lost hope and gave up his plans to go to US. He would always wonder what is it he does not have and others have? He discussed with one of my other uncles and that uncle encouraged him with words saying that he is being enslaved to that astrologers words and not putting his effort.
    This kind of enlightened my cousin and he started working towards his goal. Rest of it is hard work, long hours of study, financial struggle to get coaching for GRE, TOEFL and now he is well-settled US citizen owning a 5 bedroom house in Santa Clara, CA.

So, as you see, the astrologers are not GODS. No one knows your destiny but one thing is GOD did not make us to suffer through out our life. Yes, we may have hardships but again to overcome that is in OUR HANDS.
    Dependence on astrologers, soothsayers, palmists is all kind of weakness and once you are in, you cannot come out. It captures you and your sanity.You become a slave to these people and spend your life according to their dictations in the name of changing your destiny.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  5. itsgaya3

itsgaya3 Silver IL'ite

Hi Tugga,
    This is one question that pops up often in my mind. My parents too, are stuck up with this astrology. My mom goes to the astrologer every 2 days with about a bunch of guy's horoscope and mine. However, the astrologer rejects almost every1 saying that the compatibility ratio is too low. The surprise element here is that, the guys parents would have already consulted an astrologer and based on the satisfactory comments from him, they would have contacted us. I don't understand how, different astrologer can predict in different way. They say, astrology is also science. If we agree with that, then how come it differs among the astrologers. For e.g When 2 student studies physics or maths, they tend to know the same concepts, right ?

I would always tell my mom that we should bring the 2 astrologers ( who differ in their predictions ) together and make them describe their point of view.

I feel, the ultimate goal of this horoscope matching is to find out if the relationship will last with love and affection. Since, you have that in abundance, you need not worry about the other factors because that will help you to overcome any situation in life.

Gaya3

6. coolphani

coolphani Bronze IL'ite

I sometimes still wonder if I should believe in astrology or not.Before my marriage I never did believe in it.

Our family friend's dad is a very well known astrologer in Kerala. My grandmother insisted my parents to mail my details to him to see if I'll ever get married because I was 25+ and rejecting good-looking US citizen guys with very good professional career without any reason. The astrologer guy I was told took one look at my details called my parents and told them that: I would get married in Aug 2007, to a guy of my own choice that is it wouldn't be an arranged marriage.I'll have a very good professional life after marriage but my married life won't be that peaceful. I was also told I'd marry a guy whose mother would be the constant trouble-maker in my married life. The astrologer told my Dad that no matter how many matches my dad would bring in I would still reject each one of them citing some stupid reason.He also told them that I would argue and fight with my parents to get married to this guy. I would marry an IT professional.
    When my parents told me this in Jan of 2007 I was like:" Come on now
    what makes you think I would marry an IT professional , secondly I would never fall in love and if my parents said NO to a guy, I would never marry him.

Fastforward a month My DH proposed in Feb 2007. I rejected. He proposed again. I rejected again. This guy never gave up. I was so impressed that I fell hard for him...really hard...I convinced my parents, argued with them and got married in...guess what?? Aug 2007. The astrologer was right. My professional life took off after my marriage.I now make twice of what I made when I was single because I came across an awesome opportunity.My married life sucks but it's turning around-snail pace !! Sorry to be crude and the biggest trouble maker is my MIL.my DH is an IT professional...The astrologer guy was absolutely right. Now am scared of even consulting him to know if my MIL interference would continue like this:hide:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  7. grihasta

grihasta New IL'ite

I am not sure whether I totally believe in it. However, irrespective of what the astrologer says, do not let that drive all decisions in your life. I am one who believes what Lord Krishna said, do things to the best of your ability and leave the rest to God. I notice that when people get bogged down by what astrologers say, it sort of brings their life to standstill, blaming everything on fate or planets, and not trying to their full potential.

I would suggest that take what advice the astrologer gives you if it isn't too much of a trouble, and don't give up on your efforts to bring stability to your home/finance/career etc.

8. neha1

neha1 Silver IL'ite

Hi Tugga,

MIne was a love marriage and my side folks are not so keen on horoscope etc. My husband's side were inclined to it. However, since it was a love marriage, we did not look into it. Now,after marriage I came to know from my husband(during a fight) that he had secretly matched our horoscopes and they were a complet mismatch:crazy. so,do I care or does he cares? Answer is No. He blurted it out once as he was upset and even I was. I can say for sure today that I am 'happily married' and so does my husband think as well:thumbsup.

I personally never believed in all this. If you have never too,then why now? just because the situations are maing you believe? Just be positive.

good luck!

9. ProReal

ProReal Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    My parents never believed in horoscope as my mothers side grandmother did not. My sister married a relative (arranged marriage) and hence her horoscope was not matched, she is very happily married and just hit her 10th year. I have only see the love between them grow every day. Mine was a love marriage and neither of our parents wanted to see the horoscope. My MIL sometimes says that as per our Raasi we are not supposed to be compatible, but touch wood its 6 years and we are having an awesome married life.

Regarding my brother, he was in love with a girl and my mother hated her as she was very independent and strong. My mom thought that she will be the wrong fit for my bro. So she eventually gave in to relatives and took his horoscope to a Pundit who said that his first marriage will not last and he has to marry a banana tree and then cut the tree. The second marriage will however last long. My mom thought it was ridiculous and did not tell anyone except me, finally as luck would have it, my brother broke up with his girlfriend and they found my bhabhi for him. I dont r'ber if the horoscope was matched but hey are doing just fine and have a handsome son as well.

I however believe in horoscope and astrology but I think there are many scam artists out there, so we just need to find the right person to predict our future :)

10. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

I am sure there will be an interesting debate on this topic..however I would say...Its all in the beleif and faith.

If you beleive in astrology, it seems like its proving right / wrong in your daily life.

If you beleive in your own self and on god, astrology seems like just a science.not like something that is controlling your life.

As they say faith moves mountains...so if youhave faith on astrology it seems like working...if no faith..seems like it doesnt work :)