1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Right Amount Of Pressure......

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by vchelluri, Dec 7, 2011.

1. vchelluri

vchelluri Gold IL'ite

The other day I was preparing poori for breakfast and my DH was helping me in frying them. After making some pooris I was feeling very hungry & hence hurried a bit to finish off quickly. Till then pooris were puffing up nicely and were nice to eat. When I tried to finish off quickly they didn’t come out nicely; some came our crispy without any puffing, some were thick with less puffing. My DH questioned me about the difference in frying. Then I told him that to get a nicely puffed poori it need to be pressed with the belan using right amount of pressure evenly to a right amount of thinness. Listening to my answer he thought for some time and came up relating this example to kids.

Parenting also needs apt amount of pressure on kids in order to get good results. The results will be mere negative when the balance in pressure is lost.

Not only to kids, this paradigm also applies in every relation. To maintain a harmonious relationship with the people surrounding us, the pressure we expose them to, while expressing/expecting love and affection, the exact balance should be maintained.

Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky. ~RainerMariaRilke

To know when to go away and when to come closer is the key to any lasting relationship. ~Doménico Cieri Estrada

There are times when two people need to step apart from one another, but there is no rule that says they have to turn and fire. ~Robert Brault.

P.S. - What you guys say matters more to me than my views.

10 people like this.

2. kiranavvari

kiranavvari Gold IL'ite

I agree. Especially in parenting, when I give too much pressure on my DD, she feels horrified of me :-(

1 person likes this.
  3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Very well put Latha. Just the right amount of pressure - enough to push one to achieve one's best, but not so much that it would suppress one's personality. :-D

2 people like this.
  4. vidraghu

vidraghu Platinum IL'ite

Very true and well said latha!

1 person likes this.
  5. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

Latha,
    Great analogy there!
    I agree that a balance is required.. neither too much freedom nor too much pressure...

1 person likes this.
  6. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Latha...,
    Very beautiful post and the analogy is simply mind boggling....

1 person likes this.
  7. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Latha
    I liked the way, the up bringing of the kids is compared with the puffing of the poories.
    Too much of freedom and too much restriction there is a possiblity that the kids might lose his/her balance. Freedom and restrictions needs to be balanced.

1 person likes this.
  8. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Nice write up lathaji..
    Too much of pressure in any relation isn't going to work!

1 person likes this.
  9. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

A very good analogy.
    True, the right amount of pressure is the key to building relationships also.

In fact the right amount is the key for doing anything right..any less or more than needed will have undesired results. But understanding what that "right" amount is the elusive thing which we may tend to miss.

Good thinking from pooris to pressure :)!
    Enjoyed the write up Latha.

1 person likes this.
  10. vchelluri

vchelluri Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the first fb Kiran.
    Yeah when we give too much pressure, they really reflect us as ghosts with their scary looks. And when we give too much freedom, they play with us making us feel like clowns infront of them.

In order to train them as good natured & disciplined individuals we have to learn to maintain consistency and moderation in all our actions/pressures.

Regards,
    Latha.