1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Real Home Maker

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kanaka Raghavan, Nov 24, 2007.

1. padmasowrirajan

padmasowrirajan Senior IL'ite

Dear Kanaka,
    I am proud to join the band of Home makers!!!!!
    And hats off to Bhuvs! Worth to be listed in women achievers.I guess day to day heroines they are!
    Yeah, though i have a degree in computer science i stay at home. Its not by chance, but by choice i am a home maker. I was working for sometime 2 years back,only to get a power cut from EB, since we forget to pay our EB bill! Those days were real hard, given my health condition and staying alone. I didn't want to risk my health for some job, where i will earn only to spend for doctor and medicine. If women work out of interest and need thats a different story, but i wish people dont mock at home makers
    The first question someone i get acquainted ask will be are you working?when i say no, with same spontaneity they will ask, aren't you bored, how do you spend your time?I will happy if there is real concern than mockery! what is their problem about how i spend my time. Sometime even my mom irritates me by telling "you should go for some job until i get pregnant". i will tell her to stop being a termagant and that my husband doesn't insists me to work!
    Good to know there are people who follow suit!!!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2007
  2. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Kanaka,
    Its very rare to see these kinds of people.
    I really admire her.
    :hatsoff:hatsoff:hatsoff to Bhuvaneswari

~Punitha