1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Real Home Maker

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kanaka Raghavan, Nov 24, 2007.

1. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

I came across the programme Home Maker in Jaya TV.Most of the I ndian women do not get what they deserve,and this programme is an outlet for it.Areal home maker is one who toils for upliftment of her household and does it with immense dedication.Taking care of even the inlaws counts here.Not only that bringing the entire household together is also a criteria.
    I have come across one such person ,She is lost among millions of our women who toil day in and out for their family expecting nothing in return and are hardly recognised.That person is my servant Bhuvenswari.She must be 25 years of age,She has been working with for the past 7 years.Very honest to core and very dedicated.It seems she has been working since her childhood.She always has a ready smile and always lends a helping hand to everyone around her.
    She took a days off when tsuanami happened .She joined with 25 others cooked food and went and served it to the people on ECR..She donated all the vessels she had.Whatever extra money she gets she gives it off to charity.Even if I give something new she would give it off either to her sisters or their children.Once when I gave her a new set of uniforms she gave it off to her neighbour's child as their schools' uniform is something similar.She served her old father in law in the hospital till he died.Her husband did not care to see his father.Whenever her sister or thei children are sick.she chips all the help.
    She brought her first son to see me.He was so neatly dressed and very well mannered.
    Her life' ambition is to bring up her children very well and has started to save for them in post office.
    She is very talented and herkolams are excellent.Had she studied she would have done very well in life.She is ever ready to help and chips all the help to my neighbours as well.
    Her dedication is truely amazing.She keeps saying that God creates human beings to help others and we must do all we can.I do not know how many real home makers are out there.................

sindmani likes this.

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Kanaka, you are lucky to have Bhuvaneswari who is a 'real home-maker'.
    Glad to see such people nowadays as they are becoming rare or are we not able to spot them, is the question.
    :hatsoff off to Bhuvaneswari and wish her success in life and let her dreams come true.

sriniketan

3. sujathae

sujathae Senior IL'ite

Dear Kanaka, Nice to know about Bhuvaneswari. I too have a maid in my home. She is Salama. She is from Andhra pradesh. She is such a nice lady. She is not after anything. She toils day in and day out for her family. She is a house maid in about 6 or 7 houses here and those houses cannot do without her. She is so nice, patient human being. Her husband is a big drunkard. Soon after marriage, She gave birth to a son and left him with her parents n came to Kuwait to toil for her family. She worked hard and earned money and use to send it to her husband. That fool used to waste all the money with his friends eat, drink and enjoy. Somehow she managed to construct a house in her native place. she cleared all her debts and brought her husband to Kuwait.. that fellow didn't go for any work here and made lot of debts here too which she is repaying now. Poor lady. She has brought her 2 brothers, sisters' daughters and many other relatives to kuwait. Here they have to pay a lot of money to the kuwaitis for getting visas. She does that and brings them all here. She does her best to help each and everyone in her and her husband's family. Her son is doing his BSc. computer science in India. She is hoping that her problems will get over atleast if he completes his degree and takes care of her. We all feel that God should reward her patience one day and put an end to her sufferings.

sindmani likes this.
  4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Kanaka,

Hats off to yr servant.Rare breed this.

I admire homemakers.But ladies these days are not wanting to become one.They think they are useless and would be better off working and making money, irrespective their husbands are doing well and prefer a homemaker.

Regrds.kamal

5. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Kanaka,

It is rare to find people like Bhuv.... You are really lucky.... Also, it is nice to see that she is a real home maker... takes care of her kids and has a vision for his future... Helping tendencies... Great.....

6. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Nice to know about Salama, Sujatha!
    will pray that she sees light at the end of the tunnel!

sriniketan

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hey all

I second kamalji's fb..today lot of people don't want to be a homemaker. and some look down if you are not working..

a friend came crying one day..she is a home maker..though an msc.(maths)....i asked her what...one of her neighbours has asked...how come you can beg for all your expenses from your husband....I was shocked for a moment...at the attitude of the neighbour.tskshakehead...her neighbour is a graduate who works as a teacher....

I am proud to say that I am a homemaker...it is not that i am not educated, nor i did not get a job...even as soon as i landed back in chennai,i got a job with one of the leading IT companies.or that we are not in need of of the money....I made a choice of being there for my kids....that does not mean i don't know anything other than cooking and cleaning...I can troubleshoot all gadgets....I read the markets, I manage lot of things........

note, there was a maid who used to work in lot of houses where veda's joint family used to live.....one of her sons turned out to be colleague of veda's cousin in US. It is only a lesson..hard work pays.....and their service to others....:hatsoff:hatsoff:hatsoff to all those maids (sujatha's and kanaka's and other s please convey my best wishes and salutes to them...)

8. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends
    Thanks for all the responses.I am sure Bhuvenswari would be proud that she had a chance to be in IL.I will tell her when I go back to India.

9. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

dear friends,
    I too am a homemaker though a PG in maths with teachers degree.people give me strange responses when i tell them that i am a homemaker.many say why i am wasting my education by staying at home.is that wastage of education to consciously decide that my little son needs my time ,care more than any money i can earn for the family.
    then one of my cousins says that atleast by doing job one can keep ones brain busy.
    but i feel there r many other ways to keep one's brain busy like reading,surfing net ,cooking new recipes,mastering some new work.even in job doing same thing year after year leads to brain stagnation.
    luckly ,i have a very supportive husband who apprecites my decision to be a home maker.yes ,as family we do have to make some sacrifices as there is only one earning member but i feel it is worth it.i donot know who would have consoled my little son when he comes running to me to get his little bruises kissed or who would have packed kichadi for lunch to my husband when he calls from office to complain about his stomache upset.
    so , i can also proudly say that I TOO AM A HOMEMAKER.

sindmani likes this.
  10. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kanaka
    Thanks for writing so nicely abou the inner meanings of home maker. Its nice to hear about Bhuvaneswari. I agree with Kamalji opinion. Rarely do we come across someone who wants to take the extra work at being a homemaker. It really is lot of work and responsiblity. Thanks for sharing.