1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Power of Time

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Oriana

Oriana New IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya,

Today, you've added to my verbal munition, a highly effective weapon: darting vowel-alternating arrow that can be effectively used to poke slumped attendants in a meeting. I'm sure this word will arouse atleast one slouched figure to nudge the person sitting beside, "What mouthful of mumbo did she just utter". I cannot tell you how excited I'm to shoot this on unsuspecting dweebs who are not privy to such majestic conspiracy hatched in time-dilated thread of Cheeniya.

Now I can proclaim in a pretentious tone that I've chosen to twin "a" with calculated bias. On the outset, there are no obvious advantages to privilege one vowel germ line over another. But for an acute fiddler, a combination of mezzanine "a" and block "a" can produce Oriana to give the impression of no vowel repetitions.

Back on Monday. See ya ...

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Oriana
    Mouthful of mumbo indeed! And let me assure you that your assumption of this mumbo having electrifying effect on slouching figures is not without substance. Once in a Rotary meeting, I was delivering a 20-minute lecture on 'Did man really descend from monkey?'. Three minutes from the start of my lecture, I could hear ominous snoring from the small gathering who couldn't care less if man descended from the monkey or the other way around. I was feeling let down by such an audience response when I had come with clinching evidence that Darwin was all wrong.

I looked around and then at my watch. I had just 16 more minutes to complete my lecture as the club President had warned me that I was free to talk for more than 20 minutes if addressing empty chairs was my forte as none of them would be there to listen to me beyond the time limit set! I took out my smart phone and browsed for the tough words I had stored. I stumbled upon this word and I just loudly spat it out at the audience. The effect was amazing. They became instantly alert and looked at each other and not knowing what to do next, they just clapped their hands!

I am narrating this incident to you to assure you that this word is an unfailing ally should you ever be confronted with bored listeners or audience. If any of them ask you for its meaning, you can say something appropriate for the occasion.
    Sri

3. Oriana

Oriana New IL'ite

Cheeniya,

Such testimony of verbal jabs should not languish in time-bound threads of Cheeniya.
    Few weeks from now everyone will grope for that honourable modern-day asset to wake up kumbhakaran, and chaos ensues.

You may want to glory such feats with a thread of its own:
    Don't you ?
    Will you ?
    Can you ?

(Oriana, such affectation of discreet speech will enable even a blind person to descry that you're nudging him to start a new thread. What! It's been a month!)

The two repeating vowels of "Oriana" are dedicated for only two time-swapping activities in IL #1 Through the Looking Glass #2 Cheeniya's column. So anytime I swerve from any of these activities the betwixt "N" should scream NO, don't be lured into anything else.

4. Cheeniya

Ha! Got the point finally! The cry goes for a new thread!
    So it shall be written! So it shall be done!

5. Oriana

Oriana New IL'ite

I feel sheepish posting multiple times in the same thread to the point of snapping a band that is stretched beyond its elasticity. Moreover I'm confused if we are talking in "power of time" or "joy of life". Both have converged now as "power of joy for a life time"

6. PriyaKathiravan

PriyaKathiravan Silver IL'ite

Came looking for your latest and saw its been a month or more already since i logged in here . Never realised it . Your latest itself is dated now . How Time flies !

But its a good thing it flies . If it moved in a leisurely pace , life would be an unbearable drag. At least it moves fast enough not to allow us to linger over stuff that gives us long faces. Thats how it heals . Brings newer circumstances to give us newer versions of long faces . How many different blues ! A colourful world indeed, thanks to Time .

sir, i have been reading about your Club in various posts . Imagining a huddle of whitebeards and creaking backs . i Would dearly love to visit the place once just to see what a magnificent picture they will make together : Dumbledore , Saruman and Gandalf !

1 person likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

My dear Anna with your permission

@PriyaKathiravan just a thought why dont you visit my dear Anna, Cheeniya Sir since you are also in Chennai, he will be also very happy to see you

8. Cheeniya

Dear Priya
    Every one talks about time flying. There was a time it flew in my life too when I was young and was chewing more than I could digest! Now time moves at a very leisurely pace knowing that I cannot keep pace with it if it moves faster than this. What a considerate thing time is! But take it from me, time is fascinating no matter how it moves. I have seen the fast and furious rivers of the Himalayas like Mandakini and Alaknanda. It is truly an awesome sight. I have also seen the slow rivers trotting along the plains. They too have a charm of their own.

You are most welcome to spend an evening with my friends in my hollowed club. A caution though! Old men like us are not always at our entertaining best. I have a friend who is prone to constipation. On the days when his bowels ditch him, he can make life hell for all of us!
    Sri