The pledge of India

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by kainaath, Apr 11, 2010.

1. kainaath

kainaath Senior IL'ite

The Pledge of Our great nation...INDIA

India is my country.
    All Indians are my brothers and sisters.
    I love my country.
    I am proud of its rich and varied heritage.
    I shall always strive to be worthy of it.
    I shall give my parents, teachers and all elders, respect, and treat everyone with courtesy.
    To my country and my people, I pledge my devotion.
    In their well being and prosperity alone, lies my happiness.

how this was recited every morning during the assembly, how we practically took the oath to love each and every body as our own brothers and sisters.....
    but i guess it is only one person who understood the true meaning and is so called devoted to the country...
    SANIA MIRZA....getting married to a pakistani (since cant marry her own brother, INDIAN), still vowing to play for india (devotion), respecting very one with courtesy...didnt we all see the press conference where she very politely (read rude and harshly) snapped at the journalist, threathen to call off the press conference..etc :spin

i really cant remember when this girl was in the news for the right reasons...
    help me ILites...:thumbsup

2. saipavani123

saipavani123 Silver IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]Hey kainath :)

what's wrong in Sania Mirza marrying Pakistani?? Aren't they human beings like us. Its because of dirty politics played by politicians we are in fighting phase. She is just marrying a person of "NOT INDIAN ORIGIN" that's it !!! Are we fighting with every individual who married person who is "NOT OF INDIAN ORIGIN" .We are not fighting against whole Pakistanis. They might kind respectful lovely human beings just as we all are ....War is between countries kainath:) not between its people :)

[/JUSTIFY]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
  3. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

I've never been big on pledges, oaths and national anthems. I consider them all meaningless charades and empty words they make you recite or chant when you are in school or some event.
    The whole custom of reciting meaningless glorified empty words as national pledges and oaths and anthems is pure bollocks and most of it is to brainwash people from a young age into a false sense of national pride and fake patriotism.

Coming back to Sania Mirza, I am assuming this is the Indian female tennis player. So what is wrong with her marrying a Pakistani cricketer? It looks like the idiot muslim fundamentalists are giving her a hard time for wearing short dress to play tennis and speaking in a safe sex event. How else is she supposed to react to this nonsense? Is she expected to play professional tennis in a muslim costume and a veil? Or not talk about safe sex ?

4. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Ha..ha..Not only Sania Mirza.Another famous family too.

Though I personally do not have any problem when an Indian marries a Pakistani it leaves me with an uncomfortable feeling when a celebrity does the same.Being a celebrity comes with a lot of responsibility and we expect them to uphold India's image in every aspect.Now do not ask me how does it hurt India.It does when someone was pampered/celebrated(I think she got a honourable award too) by India and she avails all the benefit from here just to marry somebody from a country who are trouble makers.It leaves with a not-so-good feeling when we are fighting with Pakistan to extract the truth and to co-operate with us to fight against terrorism and she had to marry this guy with all such background.

She is in media for all worng reasons and our media is also very mean to cover this in and out.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
  5. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It is not the nationality of Sania Mirza's future husband that bothers me. It is the man himself.

He is better known for his shenanigans off the field than on it. The man seems to be a trouble-magnet. He has been banned by his own cricket board for stirring trouble in the Pakistani team. He seems to have had a TELEPHONE nikah with a woman he had never met :shock:. At first he denied that he was married, then he accepted it and divorced the telephone wife. Finally he claims that telephone wifey fooled him by sending him pics of a more attractive woman! Really?

6. kainaath

kainaath Senior IL'ite

hey malvika....
    its got nothing to do with the religion one comes from, there are lots of sport where muslim women are participating in the complete muslim attire with the hijaab. for example the women hockey team from iran or the national swimming team from the uae, saudi arabia.
    if im not mistaken a few yrs back an british revertee was well appreciated for performing well in tte game inspite of her hijaab.

Its more of been looked as the idol of tennis for the younger gen. Wasnt Sania appreciated when she was ranking 32 in world tennis,what abt the national awards she has received for her game/ or contribution to it. Now, is she gonna return those award, since she intends to marry a pakistani and automatically becomes that nationality (constitution says tat one need not apply for nationalilty if u marry an Indian, doesnt the smae apply else where...say as in marrying a british, doesnt citizenship become easier than the normal five yr residency waiting and then the processing...u wud know better since stayin in the country)

Coming back to shoaib's being Pakistani....wen i travel aboard im always looked as a Paki first then an Indian...y? just becoz im a muslim with a typical surname "khan"...one wudnt understand the feeling :spin

7. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

Sania Mirza is free to wear whatever she pleases and whatever makes her feel the most comfortable in that will help her play the best. She is a professional tennis player so she can wear whatever that makes her perform on the court the best. Sorry but wearing a hijab in professional tennis looks goofy and nor is it practical. And she is probably not going to land product endorsements by appearing in a hijab. None of the people who are critical of her attire are sending her cheques. She is a professional tennis player and what part of this don't the people who create a hoohah over her clothes get?

And how is it any of public or press' business who she chooses to marry or what nationality he is or what he did or did not say and do? Isn't this her personal business? Just because she is a public figure does not mean she is not entitled to a private life or what she chooses to do in her private life.

Also, why do you assume she will automatically take up Pakistani citizenship once she marries? And even if she did, so what? Whatever award or recognition she got from India, she got it when she was an Indian citizen.

So do people from India who take up citizenship in the US or UK or Australia return all their degrees and diplomas and awards and whatever else they got from India when they were Indian citizens?

8. saipavani123

saipavani123 Silver IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]Regarding clothes she wears...she might be wearing what suits her more.
    I do respect pledge of India and its national anthem :) . but i think they don't mean the words literally . If we literally follow the meaning , it means we married brothers ?? :tongue

yes you are right malavika !! :)[/JUSTIFY]

9. kainaath

kainaath Senior IL'ite

the so called private life.....is she keeping it private.
    she is always wanting to hog the limelight.
    First her engagement, then the break up, now this....

and know dont tell me it is us who went interferring or hoggspoting her private life.

10. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Celebrities who are serious about keeping their private lives private have secret weddings. Jennifer Lopez and Mark Anthony, Julia Roberts and Danny Moder and quite a few others have gone to great lengths to keep their married lives and children out of the limelight. The legendary Hollywood paparazzi were caught unawares by these weddings.

How can Sania Mirza have an expectation of privacy when she invited the whole world to her wedding? If she calls a press conference to announce her nuptials and declare which designer she will be wearing, she cannot complain when the media try to make hay out of her would-be's antics. She could have had a private wedding in Dubai but she wanted to be on the headline news. As you make your bed, so you must lie in it.