1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Pizza Incident

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by zeppelingirl, Nov 20, 2017.

1. zeppelingirl

zeppelingirl Silver IL'ite

Hi,

A true story. While my bro and his GF having lunch in foodcourt in a very famous mall in my city, 2 small boys, may be some 11 years old, went and asked my bro for 100rps. They looked poor it seems. My bro had money only in his card, and so his GF. So he asked them back why they needed the money. They have told him that they wanted to buy pizza and my bro had explained them that he didn't have money with him. And the kids have asked him to atleast buy pizza for them. My bro was ready to buy them pizza but his GF didn't want him buy them food.

The reason she had told was, this would become a habit for them. And they would go and ask to more people the next time they visit mall.

So my bro didn't buy them food. But he told me that he couldn't eat his food after the kids left. He felt sad for not buying them food. The kids should have been ashamed of what happened.

After the incident my bro has argued with his GF saying, since we didn't show love for these poor kids, they will go one step future and steal money and do other mistakes to buy food.

My bro & GF couldn't eat their food bcos of this incident, and planned to search for the kids and buy them food.. they both have searched for the kids in every corner of the mall for so long but they couldn't find them. It seems the kids didn't go and ask for money to anybody else.. and they left..

What you guys feel about this story?
    Does it spoil the kids if we buy them food like my bro's GF said?
    Or do you think what my bro said is right?

Thyagarajan likes this.

2. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

When in a pavement a poor child or adult is hungry and they ask for food or money to buy food(we can buy for them maybe a bread packet) , every one of us should try to provide that. All the more what we can do is help in placing the child or adult in caring homes which is like providing a safe environment for them. Regarding pizza or Mc Donalds Yes we would definitely feel bad when we have a luxury that the child does not get .

Thyagarajan and zeppelingirl like this.
  3. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Really I felt sorry after reading your post. The kids didn't steal anything and maybe they tempted by pizza asked to buy . I feel your brother could have bought pizza for them. We don't need to think when we are giving food to helpless and poor people especially for kids. Of all the charities Annadana ( giving food ) is the best one. Other kinds of charities, like clothes,money and etc require some discrimination but in the matter of food, no such consideration is necessary... My heart aches for those poor kids...

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  4. zeppelingirl

zeppelingirl Silver IL'ite

@sindmani @Mistt

I felt really sad hearing the story too. I told him the same that he could have bought them the food. He felt bad too. That's y he searched for the kids in the mall after that.

My bro is a kind person basically. I've seen him giving money for whoever ask on roadside, doesn't think on what intention they ask for money. But this time he didn't bcos of GF, who had her reason.

My bro told me if he was only alone that day, he would have bought them pizza, and made them sit along with him. I know about my bro. He is a very soft hearted person.

I felt both my bro and his GF's reasons were right. If you give them money, it would become a habit of them asking around. Even if you don't, there are chances they would go one step future. Also it depends on the kid.

But if I were in that place, I would have bought them the food too.

Thyagarajan and sindmani like this.
  5. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

They could have bought the Pizza for them . After all, the kids were already asking , they must be doing it earlier also . Must be their routine to ask money .
    I dont think they would go and steal only because one person dint give money or food.

6. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

I have seen a family in Mc Donald, they gave a peace of advice to the 2 boys who asked them to buy for them too, especially the woman warned the kids not to come here because when the manager sees he may shout at them. I think they bought burger for them. But told them not to ask everyone like this. It was in Bangalore. Kids want to taste it. But maybe their parents could not afford. They would keep 100 rs for other important purpose etc. But all said yes I had a pinch in me which felt why is there a discrimination with in us, why not a burger to taste for all. Adults understand the difference between necessity and wish but kids don't.

7. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

deleted

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  8. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:the two boys of 11 years old were twins and the way they beseeched the brother of Zeppelin and the way his GF reacted wa s watched by a stocky man with a skull cap and golden chain on his neck. the boys left calmly the scene without showing a wry face. the skull cap hurriedly followed them:hello:

the boys reached a coal godown and collected partly burnt coal and carried it in a carry bag and sold to laundry man who had given them Rs.5. the skull cap man approached them and offered them a bottle of water and enquired them whether they are ready to act in a film.
    When both of them acted in a film, overnight it was a box office hit. they opened a Pizza shop with big money they got and to their utter surprise they found the Zeppelin brother had come alone to have pizza. one of the boys endearingly enquired his welfare and smilingly asked about GF that they had seen with him the other day.
    Zeppelin's brother was taken aback and his eyes turned moist.
    While the other boy brought special pizza on a silver platter and left it on his table with a smile.
    everything happens for one's Good!

Thanks and Regards.
    God Bless us all.

9. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

:roflmao:...your imagination made my day!

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:My recent snippet " SON, SPOUSE & Me off to LONDON" would provide, I hope, good reading!
    Thanks and Regards. God Bless us All.