1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Pinnacle Of Intoxication – Part Ii

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by parineetha, Jul 15, 2016.

1. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

What vada are u talking about? Dal vada or medhu vada..Han??? I expected this leg pulling from u :)

No yet, will go tomorrow only. Y? U too want some free cookies?? Lol

GoogleGlass likes this.
  2. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Parineetha,
    We woke up with you, enjoyed the twittering of Mynas, Bulbuls, pigeons and from a distance koooo of Kokila (what is it called in English?), sweet smell of flowers, baking smell and finally pooja room and spiritual vibrations of Diya and MS Amma singing. Yes, it is mystical bliss. and divine.
    It is all in our perspective to enjoy the small and simple things of life, which we many times ignore in running round. Just stand and watch. Life and world is also beautiful!
    Syamala

parineetha likes this.
  3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Oh wow! What's it about Friday mornings? I had my quota of gratitude on Friday morning for two reasons - one reason quoted in my snippet (and NO, I had not seen your snippet before I wrote, so no I am innocent of stealing your idea!!! :p) and one because hand on my heart I could say TGIF. (I enjoy a 4 day weekend since I work only 3 days a week! :-D).

Lovely write up Parineetha. Such vivid word imagery! Fabulous indeed - both your write up as well the morning and feeling you have described.

parineetha likes this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Welcome back to snippets Neetu dear,was missing you here. I have finished my nominations as always, otherwise would have nominated your lovely snippet.

Quote -As morning shines pearly light, imagine a sun-caressed room…the cool satin blue painted walls getting warm, the luscious white canopy bed coaxing for an extra dose of warmth, the breezy white-floral curtain canopies fluttering like giant butterflies in air, the hypnotic swinging of huge antique pendulum clock and its sonorous tick-tocks making a perfect harmony with the crystal chandelier wind chimes…with plenty of bells…gongs and teardrop jewels…Not just my senses, my spirits too wake up hearing these magical morning ragas.-Quote

Wow what a super narration about light, room walls, bed, curtain, pendulam clock, chandelier wind chimes .
    Wow the minas, pigeons and bulbuls are lucky to have toast from you that too butter smeared ones. Outside our house also they come. In our old house pigeons used to come inside and deliver their babies, luckily they dont come inside here. We have squirrels also coming outside the window and since few days they have been turning my diya upside down and yesterday they broke the glass whichI keep for the diya for the diya to be in tact. I should have kept the diya inside in the window . You must be wondering why I kept the diya there. I have Tulsi plant and Kadipatha plant bought by my son in law when he was here in April. Also neem plant is there given by someone recently. Tulsi has grown big.

I feel like coming to your house to enjoy everything. Yes dear you are right we should always appreciate the small little things in life, but in this hectic life some people dont have time to appreciate that. After taking bath when I come to my kitchen I put on the music in my mobile, thanks to my daughter and son in law who gave me this touch phone mobile because of which I am able to hear music, phone to my friends and relatives, chat through whatsapp and of late log in to Indusladies and facebook which becomes easy instead of logging into my laptop. Mine also starts with Ganapati song, then many more songs on Amma, Devi, then MS's kurai onrum illai and other songs . When my maid comes whe also enjoys listening and the time she comes Lalitha Sahasranamam is on.

I also dont have any grievance dear Krishna, no complaints , I am very happy in my life with a gem of a husband, loving and caring children, so many virtual daughters in IL you being one of them, brothers and sisters , what else I want. Just live happily and healthy till I am there

Sorry for the long feedback 9114841144617734588-account_id=1.jpg

parineetha likes this.
  5. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

The world would be so different if all ofcus could be like you. You have learnt to enjoy life. Life is such a precious gift. And it comes to you free of charge. Beautiful post.

oj

parineetha likes this.
  6. padma0604

padma0604 Silver IL'ite

Parineetha,

that was an intoxicating post. You have taken us to a fairy land...so vivid was your picture..I could feel the beauty of it. Blessed are you, who could take us by hand (I mean by word) to such a wonderful place...and I am grateful to your write up ...I was in awe with the beauty of nature that you pictured and the smells of cookies wafting out....Life is beautiful in so many ways - only we need to be conscious of it - Thanks for the wonderful trip. You made my day totally and completely. I had a choking kind of happiness to read about the beauty of Nature.
    BTW did you hear the album 'Viswavinayaka' by Atul Ajay? Listen to Shankar Mahadevan sing Gana nayakaya - he is awesome.

parineetha likes this.
  7. iyerviji

Padma glad to see you here, I was just remembering you today

parineetha and padma0604 like this.
  8. iyerviji

Thanks for the superfast like Padma dear, Iwas thinking whether you will see it or not and when you will see my post

parineetha and padma0604 like this.
  9. padma0604

padma0604 Silver IL'ite

Thank you iyerviji garu. I am reading all your posts and comments !! You are very active and am happy to see you so !!

parineetha and iyerviji like this.
  10. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Nice aromatic, melodic, picturesque snippet Neetu.
    Felt like I was in your house, so well narrated.
    If we add adhrak wali chai along, it will be like sone pe suhaga

parineetha likes this.