1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Pied Piper

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

Whenever I start writing FB to your post 'Senile Ramblings', I always have the feeling of entering a mighty fortress. Both you and Viswa have the ability to quote left and right, which many times gives me a feeling of being a student sitting right before my English lecturer teaching Shakespeare, literature which gave me a fear of lifetime.

Here in IL, being a super moderator is no ordinary task and I am sure your banking experience in handling all kinds of customers- from cranky to creepy, should act here in good stead, in facing all kinds of FBs including googlies and bouncers.

No ordinary person would be made the President of leading music Sabhas. I literally struggle to get a decent seat in any of the sabhas, and even in my dreams cannot think of being a president, not even a peon in a Sabha.

It is Gandhi's humility which took him to great heights and his smiling face still finds the most valuable place among the currency notes. Thus your expertise, intelligence, candor - extraordinary qualities, you are conveniently hiding behind a veil of humility and call yourself ordinary. My humble judgement is- you are extraordinary. Three cheers to Cheeniya Sir.

Regards,

Agatha83

Cheeniya and Viswamitra like this.
  2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Agatha
    Honestly when I wrote this Snippet, I least expected it to evolve into some kind of a soul-searching exercise. Even if I am extraordinary, that would be of the third kind namely something that was thrust upon me. Do you remember some of those old movies where an elephant would go round the town with a garland and whoever was the lucky recipient of the garland would be crowned the King, whether he was qualified for the post or not. Most of the good things that happened to me are like the elephant handing the garland kind of fortune. How can a fellow garlanded by an elephant of good fortune call it as the result of his effort?
    Sri

3. Cimorene

Cimorene Platinum IL'ite

You did not mention in your original post whether you were the piper who lured the rats or the bods. Pied Piper beguiled his victims twice — and for different reasons, once for duty and fortune, once for retribution and liberation. Undaunted, the Piper in you has chosen an even more challenging task to combine both these techniques with a covert yet substantial motive i.e, lure the pack rats from hoarding lifetime of misery, angst and anarchy and set them free in the Valley of Joy. Tell me whose service is ranked the highest in this order of ordinariness.

Cheeniya and Viswamitra like this.
  4. LakshmiKMBhat

LakshmiKMBhat Gold IL'ite

The Ordinary Man is a part of the lives of the ordinary people and remembered by everyone :) Your love of books is evident in every line. Regards, Lakshmi

Cheeniya likes this.