1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The perils of morning walks!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Apr 9, 2007.

1. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

I had been missing reading your wonderful posts here due to time constraints on my side. Today, I said to myself, enough is enough. I must visit Cheeniya' Sir's forum and get myself a break that will truly rejuvenate me! And boy, I am so glad I did!

Thanks to Kritika for bringing this thread back to the limelight.

I had a hearty laugh reading the humorous narration of your morning walk! It makes me want to walk with you just to experience all the funny things you have mentioned. I know that they sound funny because they come from you. So I'd have to take you with me to walk if I really want to enjoy the walk!

I love walking too. Early mornings (preferably before 6am) would be the ideal time. But given the hectic schedule for the day, I squeeze it in any time I can. For ex. I have had a "walk group" in every place I have worked so far. The moment join a work place one of the first few things I do is try to find people who like to walk and form a walk group. We talk about everything under the sun, other than work. So it is a good break in the middle of the work day.

Since most of the people in my walk groups have men, much to my husband's dismay, I often get some points for him to "improve on"! For ex. when I learnt that one of the co-workers washes his own coffee travel mug I promptly went home and told hubby that now on he must wash his own mug that he quietly slips in the sink after getting back from work expecting me to clean it up for next day!

Thoroughly enjoyed this post of yours and yes, I feel totally rejuvenated!

SS

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear SS
    I am aware that your generosity knows no bounds when it comes to cheering up people. If I keep telling you that your nickname suits you perfectly because, apart from having a soaring spirit yourself, you make others' spirit soar high too!

There is something special about early morning walks. I believe that during that brief magic spell of the dawn, every one of us is closer to nature than ever. Watching people in their best mood is always such a joy. I always seek out the lighter side of life and there is plenty of it during morning walks. But please dont conclude that in this pursuit of mirth and fun around me, I miss seeing the rainbow. No rainbow, however light or truncated it is, misses my attention. And so are the waves of the sea that provide an excellent backdrop for my walk.

I can visualise your hubby dreading whatever new items of labour that you may be dumping on him after every walk!

It will be a great joy to join you for a walk. I'll do it tomorrow itself, in my heart of course!
    Sri

3. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear cheeniya sir,

a truly hilarious post that had meBig LaughBig Laugh……and that too loudly…thank u…could picture the scene in my head…but u may not believe it when I say that I really miss those noisy colourful walks…here it is all too well laid and absolutely noiseless(this I enjoy and wouldn’t want to change) but somehow is just a boring exercise…on dds advice sometimes I take my ipod and listen to my fav songs to make it interesting…but tomorrow onwards I will be walking with a smile on my face thinking of this post ….

Loved your reply to kamalji too… ..<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">ur</st1:place></st1:City> sense of humour is TOO GOOD sir…have u not thought of publishing all these as a collection on humour?
    Mindi

1 person likes this.
  4. Cheeniya

Dear Mindi
    What makes the morning walks a lot of fun is watching the people. I can live with silence during my walks but not boring people! For that matter, early mornings in Chennai are silent too but the sea on one side and all the colourful walkers on the other really make walking a great experience. Watching them and listening to them, we can get subject matter for a thousand blogs!

I am happy that the perils of morning walks have brought a smile on your face and will continue to bring on a smile. What greater reward can I expect for my writings?
    Sri

5. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya sir,
    Very humorous post.I too go for walks just to watch people .As i am grumpy in the mornings, i go in the evening to our nearby park.But my DH goes in the morning ,says i am missing all the colourful people there.He must be bluffing:crazy just to get me walking during mornings.
    DW

6. Cheeniya

Dear Dwom
    I should say that your ID is rather unique!
    I extend a hearty welcome to you since this is your first appearance in my forum.
    I can appreciate your DH trying to make your walking a morning habit. The walkers are usually at their cheerful best in the mornings after a good night's repose. In the evenings, the happenings of the day may leave their imprint on their spirits. Some misunderstanding in the office, an argument with someone on whether Manmohan should resign following the Mumbai terrorism etc may certainly show a man in his worst mood when he'll not inspire any humorous or colourful thoughts in us.
    A big hurray for the morning walks!
    Sri

7. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

I love my morning walks Cheeniyaji.

Gives me time to brace for the day ahead. The only time, I can hear the chirping of the birds, smell the grass wet from the dew.....the list is endless.

But yes, it can all be shattered by the blaring horns, unfriendly people..

A good brisk walk in the morning makes my day Cheeniyaji..

Regards,

Corallux

8. Cheeniya

Dear Corallux
    When you say 'chirpy' birds, I remember what a co-walker of mine once told me as he was wiping his head off a generous quantity of bird dropping he just received, 'I can understand the birds feeling chirpy. Who would not feel chirpy if the whole wide world is his toilet?!'
    Sri

9. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

Ha ha Cheeniyaji.

As usual you found humour in my fb. Oh yes, I agree with your friend.

When I said 'Chirpy', I meant their sounds. But this chirping can be an irritant during the afternoon.

Regards,

Corallux

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,

this blog of yours is a marathon walker, it is still walking eh ! Looks like it will keep going on and on like the Novino Battery AdvtBig Laugh

Regards.kamal