1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The past cannot be changed,forgotten, edited or erased;It can only be accepted.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Feb 16, 2015.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Many people, especially,ignorant people,want to punish you for speaking the truth , for being correct ,for being you.Never apologize for being correct ,or for being years ahead of your time .
    If you’re right and know it,speak your mind . Even if you are a minority of one,the truth is still the truth .Mahatma Gandhi

I missed learning somethings in life because in young age I did not know the value of them. Later after growing up only I realized.

First thing I could not go to College because of financial status of our family and in those days parents used to feel that for girls studying till X std is enough and then they should get them married. Now I am thankful to IL for the opportunity I am getting to write in snippets and learn so much from other great writers. In some cases I am not able to give fb because I feel my fb might not be upto the mark. I am thankful to all the ILites here that they give me so much respect and love and love is what I expect in life and believe in giving love

Though I had the opportunity to learn cooking from my grandmother who was an expert in cooking , I did not take the opportunity to learn from her . I did not know that I will be married to a family where everyone will be expert in cooking and will give more importance to cooking . Earlier any functions they never used to keep a cook but they only used to cook. Now everyone is well off so they keep a caterer for any function. When my brothe rin law lost his job he became a caterer and he is expert in cooking, especially his pal payasam and Aravanai payasam are super.. Its very difficult to get appreciation for cooking from him. From the smell only my dh's family people can make out how the cooking will be and they know the tips. My dh's nephews are also good in cooking. Now my brother in law is not taking catering as his children don't want him to struggle. But he likes cooking.

Next is music. Now a days even small kids have become great singers. My father had kept a music teacher for us to learn Carnatic music but he went to get married and never came back. Then we did not get any teacher. But somehow we learnt some songs and whenever someone tells me to sing I sing . I was very happy I was asked to sing some bajan when we went to Park and was happy when someone asked whether I have learnt music.

Hope in next birth I wont miss these opportunities. I know whatever is written in our life only will happen. Nothing is in our hands.

A Sincere Devotee Asked God:
    I Want Peace.
    God Replied: Remove I That’s Ego,
    Remove WANT That’s Desire,
    Then PEACE Is Automatically Attained

4 people like this.

2. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Good post madam.

The Past are the experiences and the valued lessons which have made us a better person today. They have to be forgotten in case we want to move ahead in life because we cant carry the baggage of worries as we move forward. At the same time, the lessons we have studied should never be forgotten.

You are one of the best and senior most IL member who is a favorite of many new IL members. Thanks again for this new snippet.

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

Vani dear mademydaysmiley with your sweet message about me. Being a Leo I always feel very happy when someone appreciates me and appreciates my post and get many fbs. How much ever I try to control that I should be happy with more views and not think about fbs I am not able to. I think for that I have to take another janma. I agree we should not think about the past and move ahead in life with whatever we are able to achieve

1 person likes this.
  4. Sahana1

Sahana1 New IL'ite

Good post
    What you wrote is true that the past cannot be changed,forgotten, edited or erased;It can only be accepted
    Thank you for making this post

1 person likes this.
  5. stillwaters

stillwaters Gold IL'ite

[h=2]The past cannot be changed,forgotten, edited or erased;It can only be accepted.[/h]A Sincere Devotee Asked God:
    I Want Peace.
    God Replied: Remove I That’s Ego,
    Remove WANT That’s Desire,
    Then PEACE Is Automatically Attained

DEAR VIJI MAMI , JUST THESE TWO LESSONS IN LIFE ARE ENOUGH TO LEAD A HAPPY PEACEFUL LIFE.

2 people like this.
  6. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    A thoughtful snippet.
    "I want Peace'- a great thought from Ramana.
    True, the past can't be changed;but can be a Guru to us always correcting us.
    A degree, proficiency in music or culinary arts or skills of any other type may not make life complete.
    There are other meaningful things which you have in plenty to make your life wholesome.

An enjoyable snippet from heart.

Jayasala 42

1 person likes this.
  7. iyerviji

Sahana dear glad to know you liked the post

8. iyerviji

Yes SW dear, glad to get your fb

9. iyerviji

Jayakka dear glad you liked the snippet.Thank you for your encouraging words.
    An enjoyable snippet from heart