1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Other Women....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sujathaumakanth, May 5, 2010.

1. sujathaumakanth

sujathaumakanth Bronze IL'ite

"A mistress never is nor can be a friend. While you agree, you are lovers; and when it is over, anything but friends"
    - Lord Byron

[JUSTIFY]Last night on TV, I came across this news snippet that Tiger Woods will be having a press conference today and realised that we are due for another wave of Tiger Woods stories hitting the spotlight. When his news first broke out, I was still in Umea, Sweden and due to the fact that Elin Nordegren is Swedish, there was plenty of coverage on the media out there. While everyone was sympathetic to the betrayed wife, some of us had our curiosity piqued by the "Other Women" in the stories ( a considerably long list in this case) and what made them hang their tawdry laundry in public?

What pushes these women over the edge to make their affairs public? Are they just scheming gold diggers grasping at their 5 minutes of fame and aiming to boost their bank balances? Seeing that there are more and more women joining the "kiss-and-tell" bandwagon, it sure makes you wonder if these women have any sense of self preservation at all? Why would anyone in the right mind come out to be slaughtered by the public as a home wrecker and be called by other derogatory names? Well, these were some of the questions we were arguing about and some of us were saying maybe there are some genuine cases out there. The recent story of the infamous "billboard lover" YaVaughnie Wilkins, trumpeting her affair with Obama advisor Charles Phillips seems to fit more in this category.

Perhaps the woman is betrayed to find there was nothing real behind the relationship, maybe one discovers painfully that she was merely a statistic in the long list of affairs and that the months and years of emotional investment meant nothing. Perhaps the affair is brutally ended and she finds out she has lost everything including her self-esteem and she wants to get back at the man who would quietly go back to his wife or fiancee, perhaps if caught cheated, make a few apologies, renew the marital vows and resume his life with more affairs while the other woman is left with nothing except disgust and self-pity. Maybe she sees herself as avenging all wronged women or perhaps there is nothing heroic about her action and she is nothing but an embittered and unstable woman. No one can definitively say what pushes some of these women to go maliciously after their men, as seen in various headline stories where these women have taken out their wrath on their ex-lovers or their families. But then, haven't we all heard of the famous adage "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned".

In tragic cases, some women end up taking their own lives to get back at the men they loved. After all we have one of the conspiracies linked to one of the famous "Other Woman" Marilyn Monroe's premature demise as her affair with JFK coming to an end. This only precipates our theory that some of these women, who had genuinely cared for their men might lose control over their feelings and emotions when the affair runs out. Not all of them are lucky to end up with Brad Pitt or Prince Charles as some of the most famous other women of this era have managed to :)

However it is sad to see such vitriol and bitterness spewed all around us in the name of love. My question is what happens to these women, especially the ones in the harsh glare of the limelight once their five minutes is up? Do they get used to a life of name calling, was the money ever worth the notoriety they achieve.....maybe Rachel Uchitel might be able to shed some light on this over the alleged settlement she obtained from Tiger to keep mum.....yeah all I have to do is get her to read my blog :)

Do these women ever regret taking their fury out on their men? Do they not end up losing the man but also the memories associated with him? Do they not by their very own actions of disclosure reduce whatever they had to mere sordid and depraved affairs? Or perhaps we don't really care and we move on to the next story that keeps us entertained......sad but true.

Other women are mysteries to women themselves......in this case literally the "Other Women".[/JUSTIFY]

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Sujatha
    You seem to be a new member. Welcome aboard. You write really good I read 2 out of your 3 post let me peep into the 3rd one now.:)

Nice write up on these rich and famous people.
    Once they feel that they names are going from the news, they do such a thing and want to be in the news again.
    Do they really go to the other women???? you will get to read in a year or 2 that these guys are staying again with they original wife.
    Now a days going with other women is so common among these richy rich.
    We read and forget and wait for something chatpathi going on with another........yes this is sad but equally very true.

3. sujathaumakanth

Thanks for your feedback Aruna. Appreciate your comments. Yes, I am quite a new member :) but have been blogging since the start of this year on WordPress, a well known blog site in the same name.

I requested for a blog here but was told to post some of my writings first, hence a few of my posts today.

Nice to hear from you and I hope you keep the comments coming :)

Have a nice day,
    Sujatha

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2010
  4. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

hey sujatha

your posts are really debatable, and also a matter of individual perception.

About this posts "About other womens" i think the lady in question may also be moving with other guy as soon as this all is over. Who knows, they may even not have really loved this so call celebrities, they must have just been with him, to get some publicity, money and fame.

This is my 2 cents thoughts. :)

5. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Hi sujatha,

very interesting.! the other woman is usually blamed but my sympathies are as much with her as the wife.
    what does she get in the whole bargain? ill fame,money (at what cost?) and social ostracism for the rest of her life if she wants to live in peace..
    she is justified in unleashing her fury at being scorned.:)

6. aruna_077

aruna_077 Senior IL'ite

I guess its become common today. Some women get true love...and some true money :)

7. sujathaumakanth

Yeah Mindi, which is what got me thinking in the first place and was the seed to write this piece. Glad you seem to see from where this writing sprung :)

8. sujathaumakanth

Definitely Radhika, I totally agree that this post can be very subjective.......it is entirely just my opinion on how I see the "Other Women" - perhaps the underdogs in such situations. But yeah, there are malicious women who set out to merely seek monetary benefits or just notoriety.....as I said, one can never be sure of their motives.......women will always be a mystery :)

I am always open to your valuable opinion and feedback........

9. sujathaumakanth

Well said Aruna......life is always a gamble right :))

I was watching Mamma Mia yesterday ( dont remember how many times I would watched this musical before ) but I remember the lyrics from one of Abba's songs seemed apt to apply here:

The gods may throw a dice
    Their minds as cold as ice
    And someone way down here
    Loses someone dear
    The winner takes it all
    The loser has to fall
    Its simple and its plain
    Why should I complain.

Cheers
    Sujatha