1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Omniscient Gentleman!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla
    You a sadist?!! Then I must redefine a sadist as one who becomes very sad at every bad thing she/he sees! But seriously, is it not a matter of grave concern that we are getting more and more self-centered? Only sites like IL should take upon themselves the onerous task of building bridges among drifting humans.
    Sri

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

True Cheeniya, it is of grave concern. Inspite of loving IL, what can one do when your network breaks down and you have no access to this lifeline?....Like it was the case with me since last evening:icon_frown:??
    I do my best to build bridges to atleast a few who are around me. Believe you me, it is very difficult and one needs a lot of energy and patience because , oho, don't we all come with great big egos and personalities?) It is so much more easy to switch the TV on or click the keyboard button.

L, Kamla

1 person likes this.
  3. Cheeniya

Dar Kamla
    What is ego? Never heard of it!
    Sri:)

1 person likes this.
  4. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

That's a great post for sure. You tempt me to put up one along the same lines. Something that happened to me. As I kept probing, the man sprung surprise after surprise. Everything matched -- literally everything. And, in utter dismay, I asked myself: Who's I? This guy I am speaking to? Or, is it the guy that faces him? It took a while for the spell to be finally broken. At some point, much to my philosophical relief, I discovered that our coordinates did differ somewhere down the line. :)

5. Cheeniya

Dear OJ
    It feels nice to see that you find time to rummage through my earlier posts. I was telling a co-writer of IL yesterday that after reading your 'A Hairy Tale', I found myself quite inadequate. I was quite intrigued that the reception to that fantastic post was rather lukewarm. It is very hard to gauge the mind of a reader. Personally I would rate your thread a masterpiece in humour!

Coming to this thread of mine, such people as the one I have written about do exist. Others may find them getting on their nerves but I find them very interesting. I always admire their audacity to get away with their simulated mystical attribute!
    Sri

6. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Sorry friend. I realized that I had already commented on this post. So I am removing what I said in this repeat comment to the poems forum. That's where it actually belongs I think.

oj

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  7. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Hello Cheeniya sir,

This post of yours reminds me of Vadivelu's comedy that is often bonkput in the comedy show in one of the Tamil channels ...about a man in a teashop, who seem to know everyone in the newspaper, but is unaware of a local guy, with whom his wife plans to elope :rotfl.

I was almost like that gentleman you met....I used to drown myself in the news and not leave a single line..from the politics, to movies, sports, quiz, crossword, comics page etc...But never ventured into the financial review....with Appa and now my brother in that line.
    Well, I knew my neighbours to some extent :biggrin2:.

But last year, in Riyadh, I was in a complex of about 48 houses...and we were the only Indian family. The rest were Arabs...language barrier held us, from speaking to each other...and I stayed there for a year, without knowing a single family closely...Just hi and bye to a very few.

Now, its better for me, with 6 Tamil families in my building. We have a close bond here.
    Hee hee and so I will not face any awkward situation .

Thanx for this post.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  8. Cheeniya

Dear PVS
    Long time no see!
    Which film is this? Every night, we see in SunTV an overdose of Vadivelu and now he has become so stereotyped we can predict when he'll make a particular sound or other. There is no variety like the good old Nagesh or Thangavelu whose Bairavan in Kalyana Parisu has become immortal!

I shudder to think of being the only Indian family amidst 47 Arab families! Hats off to your guts! But then living with 6 other families of same lingo is alright in a foreign country where you develop a strong bond perforce! In our own country, we start worrying about what they will think of us!
    Sri

9. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Cheeniya sir,

Yes, with the overdose of Vadivelu comedy very day..I fail to notice the name of the movie..We keep switching between, Sun, Kalaignar and Isai aruvi during dinner time. Will get back when I see it next time..
    The comedy of Vadivelu are usually where he gets slapped or kicked....Rant.

And regarding our stay in that atmosphere in Riyadh, we learnt that we actually enjoyed that too...It was quite a safe place ...

I am now slowly peeping into your other posts...Will be back soon.
    Bye

10. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Dear Cheeniya Sir

I am also one of them who is peeping into your earlier posts. There are people who read each and every line of the paper as if they have to give some exam.

Some people dont feel like talking to anyone so they are happy reading the newspapers and other books. In our builidng though we know all the neighbours but they are not so cooperative each one is to their own.
    In many houses only the parents are there, children are either out of Bombay or out of India.

Some ladies dont come out and some have lotof work at home. Now a days for me IL has become my world.

I think I have bored you now let me stop.

Regards
    Viji

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009