1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Old Lady

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Feb 25, 2010.

1. ashwiniks79

ashwiniks79 Bronze IL'ite

Dear KamalJi,
    I feel its not important that you give that old lady Rs.100 or Rs.1000, but what is important is your intention to help her. Now 100 Rupees may be a small amount but you gave her happiness atleast for one day in a month where she longed to come and meet you guys and forget for a day what she is going through in her life.

It is true that blessings given from heart will definately work and may god bless you always for helping out the needy. Hats off to you :hatsoff

2. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

Senti or Witty, your post always strikes a chord in us.

There is a shloka in Bhagavad Gita -

"Karmanye vaadhikaraste maa phaleshu kadachana"

You do your act and never expect the fruits of your labor. So also your Dad and you gave money to the old woman without any expectations in return and that is a very noble gesture.

Lovely heartwarming story, Kamalji.

Jaya

3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji,

I am so glad that I read this anecdote from your life. What a touching story.

Good times and bad times happen to everyone. It is up to us to remember that what goes up can come down and vice versa.

I think your nice thoughts for her and the help you have extended to the old woman is surely being rewarded Kamalji. I am convinced about it.

Only, when one extends help, one should do so without expectations like you say.

L, Kamla

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Aruna,

i try very hard not to preach.There are enough p reachers around on TV, abnd so many saints and satsangs also.I try and bring out some aspects of life htat have happened to me or to others around me, incidents that others can identify in their own lives.

And if we make even one life happy and bearable of an unfortunate human being, our existence is then worth it.

thank u for the kind words.Regards

kamal

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Der LBC,

Thanks.

kamal

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pads,

So well said, sharing a slice with the hungry, so true.We waste so much food, i try and help those who are really in need.I dont usuall part with money, but try and help people on their feet.

There is my brother in law abroad, who employs indians for his business, pays decent, and living conditions are very good.I must have sent at least two dozen young boys over the years, to him , some 8th pass and so on, and when they come back, after a 3 year trip, they have good money in their bank, and are on their feet, having seen abraod for free, worked andlearned French language over there, i do it as a social service, it helpts the boys here, as well as my brother in law, so thatis killing two birds with one stone.

Most of them,barring one or two, are not thankful, but that does not matter to me, i feel good doing it, that is all, and today most of them are doing well in india.

Keep doing what u can pads, we can only repay a part of what the lord has bestowed onus.

Regards

kamal

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Usha,

Yes sad isnt it, why cant we help a muslim, is it necessary to help someone of our own religion or caste.Is the misery of our caste more than others ? People ask bad questions at times.Sad

Regards

kamal

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear TL,

Yes an unsual ost no doubt, but it shows that in each one of our lives here, we have many such sad incidents , adn we whould try and make someone else's life less miserable.Thank u for the kind words.

regards

kamal

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear K

Wish i could come to banglore, thatis the place we went on our honeymoon in 79.Was there in 2008, and it had changed so much, for the worse i would say.But Coimbatore, i hear yr dad is there, we would both love to meet him.We will be there 3 days.Tiger well he was reading from a script, and i found it hollow, it was just for the media and the sponsers.

Today i red he sued some company for an advt they did, lets see.he must be getting hiccups after all that i write about him eh !

Dont read too many blogs from the office, the boss may not like it:biglaughEven Cheeniya blogs from his office, and so do i, hahahahaha.Cant help peeping in snippets eh , all 3 of us.

Thanks a ton, and we will meet someday for sure.

Thanks.kamal

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijji,

sorry for the late reply.Yes there are times when i feel senti, some memories come up, even a joker must be feeling sad sometimes, nahin ?

Yes only the lord knows what we deserve or not, and why, and as u rightly say, better not question him.:biglaugh

thanks.kamal