1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Old Lady

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Feb 25, 2010.

1. luckybychance

luckybychance Senior IL'ite

nice post and heart touching

2. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji,
    You have proved you can write on any subjects wonderfully. Your narration of the old lady lived like a queen and fell to the level of getting other's help for her livelihood brought tears in my eyes. Your dad is a noble hearted man who took the steps to make the old lady live. So nice of you to continue it without expecting anything other than the blessings from the poor woman.
    What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men. That is what love looks like!
    This old saying came to my mind"

Preferring to store the money in the stomachs of the needy rather than hide it in a purse.While earning your daily bread, be sure you share a slice with those less fortunate.This is what I am also practicing in my day to day life.

with love
    pad

3. Amma15

Amma15 Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

Usha machines indeed! What better compliment!

Do agree with you. Religion! Caste! The 2 curses of our country! And to what extent - it breaks my heart.

Regards,
    Usha

4. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Dear Kamalji
    That was a very Un-kamal post, but a very lovely one. Thank you for sharing that heartwarming story about your father's noble gesture. I was reading Shree's post, which inspired you, a few minutes ago and can only repeat what I said there. Kindness shown without expectations is the surest straight road to god's kingdom.
    Your family is truly blessed.

5. feduptocore

feduptocore Senior IL'ite

Dear Kamalji...
    Once again you've proved that you are an ACE... whether its a sentimental blog with a social message or its unfathomable obscure news item made into an hilariously ridiculous blog you touch our hearts....:thumbsup
    K
    Regarding your blog 10-8... for me too IL is like a refuge area.. I come here for the company I lack in this office .. and so when I'm not too overworked I keep glancing here and talking to you guys...

One of your FB to Cheeniya I read you are planning a trip to coimbotoire? if you stop by at Bangalore i would be great.... love to meet you.. though I can't promise Black label.. maybe I can take you to a bar which has salwar kameez clad bar tenders????( just joking) but serious about the invite!!!

Kamalji... what happened nothing about your fav Tiger Woods self styled confession and apology... the amount of times he said in that "sorry" press conference I was thinking to myself ... well he is going to be really sorry when he reads kamalji's blog tomorrow .. but nothing???? any ideas coming????

Sorry I'm answering for two blogs here...

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  6. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,
    This post is sure not your trademark post we associate with you but quite a touching one and verywell expressed.Sure in hindsight, we think we should have done better to help but at that time you helped the old lady and the lady was satisfied with what you gave her.Thatswhat counts i feel.God knows what we deserve and what we don't and definitely gives us accordingly.Its better to accept His blessings without question.
    Regards,

7. Meenupanicker

Meenupanicker Senior IL'ite

Dear Kamalji

Thanks for sharing with us this thought provocating snippet.I often wonder how can one's own people be so cruel ,that too towards mother.But the fact is that what you have written here is happening all over.Those parents who spent day and night caring their children are now left alone..

I remembered my amma while reading this blog.She has the habit of feeding all the people who come to our house begging alms.After eating they all have a satisfied smile on their face.I have seen many of them thanking her and blessing her for her kind heart.Then she used to tell us now we have enough to feed them who knows what will happen tomorrow.

Some how I also have seen that blessing althrough our life.I think heart-felt good wills by other people are always doing us good inspite of the fact that we are not doing that for the same.

Its true Kamalji it is the blessing of so many people that keep us going.
    For this second am typing this reply who knows what my next second has in store for me..Let this instability of life be the greatest thing that keep us going down to earth .
    Think my feedback is too long....Sorry

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  8. lakshmilife

lakshmilife Junior IL'ite

In todays world when people spend money mindlessly on all unwanted luxuries of life if everyone would have bothered to use the same to reduce pain in life of one person the whole world would be different.

Good to see such post.

9. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

Dont apologize at all. Well you have just wrote from your heart.

I think if each of us understand that if god has given so much, we surely can give little to someone else needy, then this place will be more beautiful for everyone here.

thanks for sharing such a wonderful post.

10. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

Kamalji,

People often get sentimental after a drink.

But you don't seem to.

Like Father, Like Son - that's how it looks like.

Rs. 100/- is not a big deal but even to give that on a monthly basis for over 20 years is the real commitment to the sentiment.

She too knows the value, but like she mentioned it gave her a break from the hell and an opportunity to see you & bless you.

Now be back to your strength - the humour.