1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Old lady down the lane!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Megalife, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dear KKrish
    The quote is for you and ur FB :)
    "Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well "
    Cheers
    Megalife

2. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Justanothergirl ,VJbunny Hi
    I try to pour my heart out based on personal experience, encouragement is an added bonus;;; thnxx. And u guys keep me motivated to give my best!

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear ML,

i am moved by this post, and i could not help a tear falling, at the love of teh old man for ehr driver and u, to offer u allthat she could, that having so many kids, and none being there for her, i feel the kids must have been relived that she is no moer, and that now they can lead their lives the way they want.

and i wonder what will happen to that house, the sons will want to sell it, and out goes teh driver on the roads i am sure.

Your blog inspires me to write on this subject, a long forgotton story, as sad and touching as this ine, i read it in the papers, and has stayed with me for long, but i could not bring it to post it, but nowi will.

i nominate his post, one of teh finest i have read, words are too few to let u know, how much we all feel touched by this narration of yours, God bless u.

Regards

kamal

4. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Kamalji
    Morning!

I feel privilaged being amidst you guys! Thanks a tons!
    Megalife

5. vchelluri

vchelluri Gold IL'ite

Hi Megalife,
    That was nice and touchy post by you. I read your other post also and believe me I was carried along by the expressiveness in them.

Regards,
    Latha.

6. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Nice post, and nicer gesture.

7. ShwetaSri

ShwetaSri Bronze IL'ite

Very nice post... very well narrated

8. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Thank you Shweta Sri and Raji

9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Megalife,

Welcome to IL! This is my first fb to you! But then, I only got to know you now and how!!!! The Finest Post forum is flooded with nominations of your posts!!:thumbsup Looks like you have instantly struck the right chord in Indusladies and it is obvious that a new member has just made a flourishing entry.:)

This post has been nominated too by Mimur, congrats!

Reading it through does take one back to an old world full of charm and gentility. The touch of Bronte is not lost either, what with that crumbling west wing that you draw our attention to. You have the knack to tell the story, no doubt on that!

The pathos of this post is disturbing. Visiting your retired parents and then taking a walk down the street and finding this lonely old woman brings you pangs of guilt. Well, many of us are living through this guilt. Looks like this is the modern malady of an NRI.

Well, a subject very close to my heart. You have penned it well and have said much more between the lines. Hope you also had the magic to solve this rapidly increasing dilemma! If wishes were horses................

L, Kamla

10. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kamla
    Your FB means so much,....... may I add ???.....your reply contains some excellent thoughts and perfect vocabs, each word aptly chosen as if to speak ur mind-set while reading my post! I hit this site by accident,loved it and decided to stay on!
    I am humbled by the nominations!...a special thank you to all. Winning or loosing isn't important, because I am hear to "enjoy and celebrate writing and womenhood". This forum has many talented and honest writers and I love reading their posts!....Once again a sincere thank you to u and all the fellow ILs.
    Cheers
    Mega