1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Nest in my Home

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Shanti,

the new life that u say, could be the birth of my grandchild ? Now good news yet, lets see.Dau got married last year.

Well i love nature.My wife gets scared of lizards, but i am comfortable with them.they have to live too,let them roam around the house.:)

Thanks for yr nice comments.Regards.kamal

2. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hi Kamal ji

well its really nice of you to give a house to all these sparrows and your house being a maternity hospital or them...

my mom being too pooja path types and she believes in "succha" stuff... we have never had a pet at our place... washing hands and feet hundred times a day was the kinda routine i've grown up to... so even i'm also more of pet-anti types... i'm not against animals... but pets a big no-no for me, thank god my hubby is also like me...

so once what happened... it was summer time in delhi, the main door of our house was opened and a tiny little sparrow entered our house... we all panicked and switched off all the fans and started to guide her out of the house.... but unfortunately she banged into a fan which was actually slowing down... and there that tiny fella cudnt handle that blow and fell on the floor... and my mom had a panic attack... ohh my god ohh my god... we all being very weak hearted just panicked even more... the sparrows eyes were half closed and mouth open... but she was still breathing... right then my mom went into the kitchen got some Ganga Jal and put a few drops of it in her mouth and after 1-2 minutes she was gone... ohh god we felt so bad and guilty... i mean that sparrow had to come to our house to die only... but again destiny .... your death grabs you and put you on the place where you are supposed to die...

we called one our neighbours who had pets.. so she was strong hearted and she came and picked the bird ... and i dont know what happened then...

with a heavy heart
    ~Abha

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Nice one, kamalji.
    Abha, the sparrow had Ganga Jal. that is itself a puniyam to the sparrow and your family. See this way and don't worry.
    Even in our garage 2 years back sparrows had a nest and our dog used to bark at them continously. They are so used to it, they don't even care about him and at times they come out when he is sleeping. We had the opportunity of seeing the young birds learning to fly. After that we didn't see them. we are having sweet memories of that.
    We do feed the birds with rice on our window sill. Our son will remind us whenever the rice is over.
    sriniketan

Last edited: Sep 14, 2007
  4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Abha,

So touching.You have put in such lovely words that death takes u to the place where u have to die.The sparrow must have gone to heaven with the ganagjal.

I love pets and i have a Labrador Dog called Tuffy.He is huge, but a darling.My wife has riased him Vegetarian.He sleeps with us in the bedroom in the A/C.

Thanks and regards.kamal

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Sriniketan,

It is nice to feed brids.I put bajra on the boundrywall, and we have peacocks coming over all the time,parrots sparrows pigeons,and its fun.Thanks and regards.kamal