1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Neanderthal Man and his limitations

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by InnerBliss, May 20, 2012.

1. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

Recently I was thinking about the Neanderthal man and how he, at the next stage, discovered fire, learnt making caves and weapons and how he used them for his survival.

Some theorists have found that his brain size had been smaller than the brain size of the human today. The smaller brain size means less volume for the brain-cortex. This results in less intelligence.

Whether it is the Neanderthal man or the modern man, I think, everybody has been struggling equally. More comfort and more luxury would not mean more peace of mind for us. Because new challenges also got added in our journey as we marched towards the life consisting all elements to boost our existence as the modern man.

Many investigators have found that genes leave profound impact on our intelligence. The IQ test is no more reliable to measure the intelligence of a person as it has some limitations in deciphering the intelligence in many other areas. Different types of intelligence in other areas have been discovered. People have stopped regretting on genetic limitation and controlled the environmental factors to maximize human abilities. The question is, where our maximized intelligence is leading us? Where do we see our next generations after 50 years and 500 years? If they would be consisting more intelligence than we do, would that also mean that they would be more peaceful and healthier than we are?

No doubt, the Neanderthal man had been struggling with the environment and calamities. It is truth that we are also struggling with the same. The Neanderthal man also had been suffering for the limitations of his intelligence and would it be an exaggeration, if I assume that the modern man also suffers for the limitation of his intelligence?

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Anu,

I am looking at it little differently. Neanderthal man's needs were very limited but his intellect was also under development as he was evolving from animal kingdom which did not have the discriminating faculty. Now, the modern man is fully developed with sufficient intellect but unfortunately his needs expanded in a geometric progression and entered the territory of desires. I have more to write on this subject and I will write through another fb, if that is okay with you.

Viswa

3. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

Woww! It would be lovely to gain a new insight on this. Please feel welcomed to share your inbound mind treasure, I would love to read and understand more on this :)

True. Your each word in the FB makes sense.

4. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Anu,

A very thought provoking blog.

When our needs are limited we do not make much effort to go forward.That means we do not strain our mind. Only when we use our brain then it becomes more efficient...new ideas crop up and improvements are there. Otherwise we would live in a cocoon. We do not use many faculties which brain is capable of. Living peaceful does not mean that we should be dumb...we should be intelligent and still have equanimity.
    Man's inherent nature is that he has curiousity and always wants to do better. A student studies...is he happy with just pass marks? No. he wants to improve. In the same way....in any field one wants to improve and should improve also_Otherwise we would have been living in the same way as a primitive man. Stress. tension and suffering is a part of life. Nobody can escape these. Where to draw the line.....one has to learn.

5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Anu,

I recently read a book called The Einstein's Enigma. Even though it was a novel, all of the scientific data given in the book was taken out of real research. Before Einstein died, he was working on an important discovery to find out why the world was created. He found in his research when the big bang happened, all variables fell in place ideal for life to be created in the planet earth. He was stunned by this discovery as otherwise, life would have never come into existence. He also realized looking at man's life that everything that was created will have to come to an end therefore realized that world also will come to an end. He was trying to find out why the universe was created with an intent to create life in it only to be destroyed later.

He found out that there should be some meaning in why The Bible said, "Let there be light." He gave it to other scientists to continue the research and they came to the following conclusion. When the Creator said "let there be light" the big bang happened and everything fell in place to create lives in it. It evolved to have discriminating power. The scientists found out that everything was happening according to the mathematical equations. If it is true that we could see how the universe was created by analyzing the data, it is also possible to find out how the world will be in future. Therefore, they came to the conclusion that everything is predetermined. Time and space are limitations localized and if we cross the barrier, human being could see the past, present and future.

They found out that the true intent is to create life that would develop enough intellect to procreate the entire Universe on its own. Then the life becomes immortal. They found out by evaluating the Hindu and Buddhist scriptures that the end goal of the human beings is to achieve immortality.

I also read another book called "The Nano Technology of the Mind over Matter". This book describes that when God wanted to create the world, he wanted to replicate Himself. He created a vessel that would receive His love and grace. But the replicated model also had the qualities of God and wanted to give. In order to compromise, the God created a third entity to receive His Grace only to give. This is explained in The Hindu scriptures as Tamosic, Satwic and Rajasic qualities. The scientists when they reached Nano stage to find out the details in an atom, they found out there are three elements namely Proton, Electron and Neutron. They are nothing but givng (Satwic), receiving (Tamosic) and Neutron (receiving to give).

Therefore it was evident that every cell in our body has same qualities that the human being (city of Trillion cells) has. When the cell consist of three elements evolve, it would become immortal and hence the human also will become immortal. This is what is explained in scriptures that a person who overcome three qualities to reach Turya State would become Self-Realized and become immortal. In other words, when conflicting qualities are resolved, the human will achieve peace and will have highest level of knowledge.

These two and many other scientific books I read in the last two years, made me come to the conclusion that the days are numbered for science and spirituality to converge. Please forgive me if the above is too much information to digest.

Viswa

6. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

Wow! That was the great optimism. I needed it :) Thank you Shyamala for your precious feedback.

True! Boundaries are important in every field.

Love,
    Anuradha

7. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much Viswa Sir for sharing this precious information. I read each and every word. It makes me curious to find more in detail about the books. Some day, I would surely read these books. Thank you for the beautiful summaries of the thought provoking books that you have read. It is really amazing that the writers now do focus on such high topics and conjuncting the science and the spirituality to give a completely new outlook about the future.

It seems I really need to know a lot about the light. Thank you for sharing a part of it with me.

Best regards,
    Anuradha

8. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I think man is competitive and the need to achieve more is inherent. Intelligence and limitations are factors in a persons life. But satisfation even when thinking big/having dreams, is what helps a man live with peace.

Irrespective of the ages and eras man wants to achieve more.

9. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

The necessities, Lifestyles and technological changes everything has its own impact the way humans lived across generations. It undergoes change.

But as you said, the limitation is the same. we are not above the nature, yet it is in our hands to make it better or worser.

A good post which made us thinking Anuradha.

10. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

Well said! Ramyaramani, Thank you for your precious feedback :)