1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Mysterious Hand

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by teenulahari, Aug 10, 2017.

1. teenulahari

teenulahari Gold IL'ite

Hiiii Ili’tes!

I am back with another Ghostly adventure of my Grandpa (I tried to write it in a story style). For those who haven’t read my first snippet go through the below link:

https://indusladies.com/community/threads/my-grandpa%E2%80%99s-ghostly-adventure.303181/

It was 7:30 pm when the train finally reached Guntakal Junction; the train was late by sixteen minutes. The platform lights of the station stood lit up sweeping the darkness away from the station. Rajgopal was eagerly waiting for his friend’s arrival and as soon as he saw Moorthy getting down he went near him took his luggage and gave him a big hug.

Moorthy was recently transferred to Guntakal and is given a temporary quarters for stay. They both took a rickshaw to reach the Railway Quarters.

I am not happy with your decision of staying in that abandoned quarters Moorthy! You know what kind of stories people say about that quarters, why can’t you stay with us. Lakshmi & kids (Rajgopal’s wife & kids) would feel so happySaid Rajgopal.

I don’t care what people say about that quarters Raju, but you have piqued my curiosity. Now, I really want to stay there and see what really is there -said Moorthy and winked at Rajgopal.

It was dark & cloudy when they both reached the quarters. The rusty gates of the quarters refused to open and when forced made a creaking noise and gave way to the small abandoned quarters that stood isolated from the fellow Railway quarters. The wind started blowing heavily making a howling sound as they both entered inside the compound wall. There’s a ten step distance between the gate and the quarters and the way was filled with withered leaves of the towering old Tamarind tree. Thick shrubs & weed were grown randomly throughout the path blocking the way. As they neared the door the ominous black clouds started rumbling producing flashes of light that illuminated the massive grey sky.

Raju you stay here, I will go inside and see-said Moorthy and went inside the house.

Moorthy entered the house it was pitch dark inside, he couldn’t see anything and there was no electricity. He turned his torch light on, placed his suitcase on a dusty chair and looked around. Due to years of negligence the house seemed pretty devasted and the odor in the house was unpleasant. The dangling cob webs from the roof top shined with the flash of light. The rain water leaked through the cracks on the wall and small patches of mold were formed due to the moisture on the wall.

See something is wrong with this place, let’s leave right now! You can stay in my house, come Moorthy let’s go - said Rajgopal coming inside who got scared by the site of the giant tamarind tree which looked like a monster in the dark.

Ok let ‘go! but only for today. I have made my decision to stay here Raju, don’t worry! Nothing is here. – said Moorthy patting his friend’s back.

The Next Night

(Now the house is clean and has electricity)

Moorthy returned from office and started preparations for cooking. He made Rasam, Rice and Potato curry and went to take bath. Moorthy was very hungry, he opened the plate on the rice bowl then, he noticed a strange thing. There was a five fingure mark on the rice. The marks were deep and were like someone took rice from the bowl. Moorthy looked around and found none. He looked outside the kitchen window but none was there.

Just then came Rajgopal. Moorthy showed Rajgopal the rice bowl.

Moorthy: What you think about it?

Rajgopal: it looks like human figures, Ayyo! Could it be a hungry ghost?

Moorthy: stop it Raju! Why you always think like this?

Rajgopal: See this house is haunted. I know you don’t believe me but many see ghost lurking here at nights. This is definitely done by some negative energy in this house. Moorthy don’t eat this rice. Come let’s go to my quarters and have dinner.

Moorthy was deep in thought and didn’t say anything. They both left to Rajgopal’s quarters.

The Following Days…

The same scene repeated the following days. Moorthy wanted to put an end to the mystery behind this unusual happening. One Sunday afternoon, after making rice Moorthy closed the rice bowl with a plate, placed a stone on it. He closed all the doors, windows and sat before the rice bowl in a rocking chair.

One hour passed, Moorthy got up from his chair to check the rice bowl. He removed the stone and plate. To his shock, there appeared the same five fingure mark on the rice. Perplexed seeing it, Moorthy went to Rajgopal’s House.

Rajgopal took Moorthy to a sorcerer they explained the sorcerer the whole thing. The sorcerer visited the place.

“The house is haunted; there is a ghost of a woman in this house. Probably the woman was killed and her spirit is still here” said the Sorcerer.

He gave some sand to them, told them to put it around the house. They did as told by the sorcerer. That night Moorthy made Rice & Rasam. Rajgopal stayed at Moorthy’s house. They both were eager to see the results. Moorthy didn’t close the rice bowl and left it open for half an hour. After half an hour they both went to check the rice bowl. To their relief there were no marks on rice. Rajgopal felt relieved to see it.

Rajgopal: See! Now there is no Ghost in the House

Moorthy: I don’t think so! See someone drank the Rasam said Moorthy showing the empty bowl of Rasam.

How is it??? Ladies, please give me your suggestions regarding my writing.

Thank you,

Love
    Teenu.

Adu07, Naari, Smileyshravs and 3 others like this.

2. Suja9

Suja9 Silver IL'ite

Hahahaa.. its a very hungry ghost(?) Nice :)

teenulahari likes this.
  3. sindhugowtam

sindhugowtam Gold IL'ite

Wow..., Dats sooo interesting Lallu
    All the best fr ur next work

4. teenulahari

teenulahari Gold IL'ite

Thank you.

5. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

OMG so there is one definitely .. I am interested in ghost stories anyways... Nice snippet!
    --PS

teenulahari likes this.
  6. teenulahari

teenulahari Gold IL'ite

Thank u Sindhu dear.

7. teenulahari

teenulahari Gold IL'ite

Thank u.

8. teenulahari

teenulahari Gold IL'ite

yes!! it's a Hungry Ghost. Actually my grandpa told me that the women was very hungry when she was killed ( i think it is part of my grandpa's imagination :tonguewink:;)).

9. Ramanigayathri

Ramanigayathri Silver IL'ite

Very interesting story with a very surprising ending. The ending gave me a chill actually. what did your grandpa do then?? did he stay there later ??

teenulahari likes this.
  10. teenulahari

teenulahari Gold IL'ite

Thank U @Ramanigayathri , My grandpa didn't pay a heed to that ghost. He stayed in the same quarters until a new one's allotted. He is so brave.:)