1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Most Precious Jewel

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by maalti, Aug 26, 2021.

1. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

The most precious jewel in the world is available with all of us. But we do not knowingly or unknowingly use it. It is God’s gift to humans. Some of us do not know the value of it. It is the most precious ‘smile”. No other living thing can smile except humans but we seldom smile. In fact, with the face like that of stone, we just turn away even those who want to be friendly with us. Even while posing for photographs, some of us don’t smile.
    All of us have problems. Show me one person who doesn’t have a problem. It is the way in which we handle it. People carry all their personal problems in mind and show it on their office colleagues or at work place or their servant maids. If the wife comes from work with a head ache and the husband also comes home carrying his office problems in mind, definitely there will be fight between them and the children will get affected mentally due to this. A small smile on our part can achieve most things we want. Work from Home puts more pressure and we are forced to work for more working hours than normal working hours.
    We have to keep all our pressures, tensions etc., aside and spend a few minutes with our friends, colleagues and family. We can keep a cheerful face and wish all our work mates a good morning. We can spend time with our children, playing with them, telling them stories instead of sitting before laptops, viewing mobiles and watching TV serials. All TV serials barring a few spread negative vibrations only. Killing people with knives, hurting people with words, planning to defame other people etc., are very common in TV serials nowadays.
    A happy mind is a healthy mind. So let us keep smiling.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2021
    Induslady, ranju5, umaakumar and 6 others like this.

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Smiling at family, co-workers and strangers is good and improves quality of life for all. Smiling at oneself and by oneself is also beneficial though less practiced.

3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

I prepared evening coffee and it was hot. I tossed it between Ss davra and tumbler twice and offered to spouse who received it from my hands after getting up from right side of bed.

She instead sipping, drank in instalments without tumbler touching her lips. I was closely watching without batting an eyelid her face for expressions of taste.

Noticing this, she cast a satisfactory smile which was eyeful.

That smile speaks of her joy in getting a cup of coffee served.

At school, I learnt that longest English word “ SMILES” - between two S’s there is a MILE.

TO BE ANGRY CORRESPONDING FACIAL EXPRESSION is as result of some hundreds of muscles and nerves on faceworked up. Whereas for casting a simple smile,
    One has to work less than twenty nerves & muscles avers a psychologist.

Smile is sugar coat while granite face is less of an attraction & good only for distancing friends!

A smile at right time at the right moment at right place among right people is part of camaraderie.

Smile can also be Enigmatic. The masterpiece portrait of Mona Lisa comes to mind.

But in modern movies, smiles are used in a cunning manner. Soft villains portrayed with soft smiles, wry-smile & innocuous smiles .

A sight of smiling baby infant helps to overcome fatigue and rejuvenate the members of family & friends.

A mere appearance of smiling or serious-faced comedian on stage or screen brings up smile to audience face and make them forget instantly their worries at least for a while.

Central point here by OP is that to smile is to endear and get favourable response and envelope the immediate circle in a kind of joy and enthusiasm for all.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
    maalti likes this.
  4. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Yes, a small smile conveys a lot of things.

5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Thank you @maalti for awarding a “Like” #3.
    I edited few minutes before but after you clicked like button.
    Regards.

6. RatnaMalliswari

RatnaMalliswari Gold IL'ite

Hello @maalti
    Nice post,yes smile is essential for all of us.you said no other living thing smile except we human beings, animals smile ,it will be known to owner who have pets.I just wrote some verses about smile,hope you will like it.Here is the link
    My Genuine Smile
    Regards
    Ratna

maalti likes this.
  7. ranju5

ranju5 Silver IL'ite