The Most Beautiful Place

Discussion in 'Online Games & Puzzles' started by sankara1, Apr 24, 2021.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: OP desires to mention about the beautiful place that one had visited ever.

But here, in an earnest effort, I would like to take the reader to watch marine beings at closer proximity in their habitat. Reproduced an excerpt from chapter 33 of an unpublished unexpurgated book - wherein the protagonist takes to scuba diving with her BF and watching marine lives at close quarters.

Excerpt:

“Kart and myself, To everyone’s surprise the place was found to be a simple home behind which they had kept the diving gear equipment and accessories. I finished with paper work and other formalities. a session lasting for a day with video followed by question answer session. On day two I was taken to a 6x4x5 feet water tank that was infront of the office. The patient instructor made me comfortable and readied me mentally for pool session. After an hour or so, I became confident and.....

When Kart and I and emerged out from depths of around 12 meters, it was sea all over and the morning twilight sun was partly obscured by cirrus clouds and its rays were reflecting on the large water surface. We chose this day because this happen to be best of seasons in Puducherry (January - June and September – November} for scuba diving and looking at the enchanting marine life in their habitat at close quarters. It was an enchanting early morning.

Watching from the boat the shimmering sheet of large water surface and distant vanishing ships silhouetted by a misty horizon and fishermen keeping themselves busy with their nylon nets from a catamaran boat were all feast to the eyes. It what a marvel and awesome presentation of the day break by Mother Nature!

When Kart and I got back into the boat from which we dived into the sea, our instructor & I had returned to the base office at a distance, where my bosom friend Promilla was awaiting our safe return. The instructor was all praise for Kart and me for learning so fast the necessary skills taught by her for the scuba diving.

I removed the rented scuba gear and other accessories from my persona and thanked the instructor. She had already persuaded our friend Promilla to go for this thrilling experience and she would go with us tomorrow for diving.

It was only two half day sessions consisting of theory and video and we acquired the necessary skill and could overcome the nervousness and another half day session for honing up the skills. A bit of swimming skill and with one or two trials of open ocean/sea diving and staying under water for 15 to 20 minutes at a stretch had boosted our confidence.

After that it would be enjoyment of watching numerous marine lives populated under a depth of 40 feet. One can also watch beautiful movement of colourful spectacle of schools of fishes darting, u turning and other marine animals moving lazily or remaining still. Besides there would be coral reefs to explore.

One can also hire camera for a small amount and take underwater photographs of family and friends and great range of corals, lion fish, kingfish, eels and manta rays, parrot fish, sea snakes, triggerfish, butterflies, angels, banner fish, crustaceans...... and if you're lucky god forbid - even sharks, whale sharks, turtles and dolphins!”.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021