1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Monkeys Of Jaipur

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Hi satya,

Thanks for yr great comments
    Dear Satya,
    I like yr sense of humour.Ask the monkeys near yr house if they want a Jaipur ki Choli ? HAHA.Regards.kaaml

2. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Good post Kamalji!

I love watching monkeys. They are upto some mischief every minute. They do'nt seem to stay still at all. I always wished that if I would ever have a pet, then it has to be a monkey. Guess, that way I will have no pesky relative camping in my house! :tongue

While growing up in a small town South Indian town, I would accompany my mother to the vegetable market every week. The market was always crowded with vendors, buyers, cows, dogs and a large army of monkeys. It was on a narrow street with telephone and electricity wires dangling around. The mother monkeys would swing like acrobats from one wire to another with their young ones clinging to them. There were some hang out zones for these simians too. They would crowd around those zones and be engrossed in picking ticks. The plantain sellers always had a crowd of monkeys hovering around them. Many a time these monkeys have snatched a bunch of plantain that my mother would have bought after haggling with the vendor over the price.
    As Sathya said, first the elephants, then the monkeys what next? Snakes??:shaking:

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Nivediji,

Thanks a ton for reading most of my blogs and commenting.

Good account u gave of the monkeys.Yes they are very naughty,but now they dont come often to our house.Maybe they are scared of my new dog, a huge labrador called Tuffy.

Well next now is the peacock,of which i will post tomorrow.Today i have an emotional topic to post.

thank u so much.Regards.kamal