1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The mind game called "Can it be true?"

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by infinitehopes, Sep 14, 2009.

1. infinitehopes

infinitehopes Bronze IL'ite

Hello friends,

This blog may sound like a sequel to last month's winning entry. But I don't want to wait for another month to post this - just to avoid it being called as 'inspired by..". Last month's blog was penned very nicely and with lot of maturity. Kudos to her and Congratulations!

Last month was an unforgettable month with joy and lot of trouble - both. Joy because we welcomed a new member in my BIL's family. The little one overjoyed all of us.

Trouble coz - At work my laptop gave up and I had to struggle a lot to recover the data. Then just when that was getting over, I went down with Malaria and that too - was bitten my "the" mosquito carrying the most dangerous variety of that parasite. Hence was admitted to hospital and so on.. Still recovering. But the real trouble didn't end here.

Either due to heavy medication or the weakness, my friend - the one who never gets delayed - the period - hasn't come yet. As most of you would know, I am TTC and this uncertainty is killing both of us because we are not sure what to do.. don't want to start speculating or building hopes, nor do we want to get out of this period of "may be its possible". Hence just delaying everything - like doc's visit / use of HPT.

I once received an email saying that to remain healthy, you should speak out your mind. I cannot speak this out to anyone - coz then there will be a lot of people who will start building castles. The other closest set of friends I have are you all on IL. Although I know you will feel sad too if this turns out to be just a delayed appearance, I feel this is a much wider friend circle, who will able to provide me support and hope to get over it quickly. This site is "collective strength" for me.

So ladies, lets hope this is something good. Lets pray together. Share your experiences if you have gone through it before - positive or negative.

Lets hope for the best !!!

I feel much better. I hope my DH finds a forum like this to vent out his thoughts.

2. Shrikha

Shrikha Senior IL'ite

Hi IH,

I was in a similar position, last year. I felt I had all the symptoms, and yet I was getting frightened to even check. When I told about this to my friend, she asked me to go ahead and check. I was still not getting the courage to check, somehow, I did and it turned out to be positive. I will surely pray and hope that it turns out to be positive for you. ALL THE VERY BEST!!!

Regards,
    Shrikha

3. manjulapathy

manjulapathy Senior IL'ite

Hi!!
    All the best!
    manjula

4. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi dear, hope Almighty will hear your prayers. It’s so good to hear that you have such positive feels about IL and you consider us-the fellow ILs –as friends whom you can vent out your feelings toJTake care.

5. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear yong friend,
    I feel happy for you.Be positive,visualise as often as possible that what you have been wanting has happened and you are holding the litttle bundle of joy in your hand.Allow your imagination,we bloggers ar lucky in that respect,no?,to fly,and visualise all that you have been wanting is happening and all of us are congratulating you.Do it every day.Am I taking too much liberty feel free to tell me.
    Lots of love
    mithila

6. infinitehopes

Hi Shrikha,

First comment and that too positive !!!!!!!!!!! I am thrilled !! My condition is same as I have written above. But may be I will take the test.. don't want to bust the bubble. Hoping to know it by signs :) Ha ha..

Thank you so much! !

7. infinitehopes

Dear Manjula,

Thank you !! Those words add a lot to the courage bucket that I am holding tight :)

8. infinitehopes

Thank you dear Ami.

Yes. I do find a lot of strength here.

9. infinitehopes

Dear Mithila,

You have opened up the world of possibilities for me now ! I will definitely try to imagine that everyday. Actually, I do that - even when I am not in state I am in today.. So I love to imagine all those positive things.

Thank you, thank you (this is in the imagination - I am thanking you all for wishing me :) )

You have given me the comfort that its ok to imagine the things that you want to happen to you.. I used to feel that it may disappoint me a lot, if it doesn't happen. So should I imagine? But now I feel, yes - I should.

And - You taking the liberty in advising me - is my honor. So, please continue to share your thoughts.

Thank you (real one - not the dream one) :)

10. infinitehopes