The Millennium School Dubai

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Dubai' started by bhagya85, Jan 4, 2017.

1. bhagya85

bhagya85 Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    I am planning to change my DS school to the millennium dubai for grade 1.Please share your review.I know they follow icbse curriculum.I heard from some of my friends that icbse schools don't use typical writing format of learning and mostly all activities are online based. is that so?The kids spelling skills are poor because of that.Also saw some reviews about the school that they focus more on extra curricular activities like singing and dancing.How good are they in academics compared to other cbse schools?am confused..please help..

2. Steach

Steach New IL'ite

Hi, we just finished paying the admission fees to secure a seat for both my sons. My husband visited the school multiple times and found it to be very good. They also require good marks to be eligible for admission and even interviewed my 10 year old via telephone, so it seemed like they concentrate more on academics than extra-curriculars.

3. bhagya85

bhagya85 Silver IL'ite

Hi steach,
    I too finished the admission process.There was sudden surprise last week that cbse board has withdrew cbse i curriculum from next academic year.I don't know how the school going to handle this..Do you have any idea?

4. Steach

Steach New IL'ite

Oh really ? I had no idea... Will they be following just CBSE coming year? I think that might be their only option. Are you already in Dubai Bhagya? What grade did you admit your child in?

5. bhagya85

bhagya85 Silver IL'ite

ya am in dubai..al karama..my child is going to grade1..I didn't contact the school regarding curriculum yet..I too guess they will be shifting to cbse.Where do you stay?

6. Steach

Steach New IL'ite

I am still in India.. my husband is there and has enrolled them. I was looking to move in ten days but itseems the school needs the TC issue date to be before the date of entry into the country. We were planning to have the school issue it in march and courier it to us. They are saying it's a KHDA requirement but I'm not sure of that.
    We have rented and apartment in JBR.

7. bhagya85

bhagya85 Silver IL'ite

oh thats a good area..welcome to dubai..U'll enjoy living here..get settled soon..