1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Mangalsutra Mystery

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Laks09, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya sir,
    Thank you for the wonderful feedback. It's such a great honor to receive this from you. Thank you very much for taking the time to read and comment. Wow, I'm speechless, not sure what to say beyond - "Thumba or Romba Nanri(is that how it is?)".
    Yes, it is endearing to have a totally clueless about women's jewelery and make-up guy! He makes it clear that he has no clue about anything jewelery related and makes sure he informs me and takes me along for my "surprise" B'day and Anniversary gifts :bonk

2. Laks09

Thank you Ammu. Wow, I've to now visit the nomination thread. Thanks for letting me know. Isn't it double delight? I'm really happy.

Thanks for the FB.

3. Laks09

Dear LS,
    I just completed reading all the comments and I'm super excited now. Speechless is a more accurate word!
    Thanks for the FB.

4. Laks09

Thank you for the FB, Monicks. I did ask DH later as to how he was so patient. As usual, he just shrugged and gave his customary "I'll always be there for you" look. It was really sweet.

5. Laks09

OMG, I'm speechless!I can't express how happy this comment makes me feel. I've been hesitant to blog here because of the excellent quality of writers on-board.
    Varlotti sir, Cheeniya sir, Ammu, LS, Sabi and everyone who has been appreciative of my maiden venture, I'd like to Thank all of you from the bottom of my heart! All of your comments are truly treasured. Finest or not, I'm so happy to read each of your reviews.

6. Laks09

Thanks, Suresh. I'm glad you identify with the same. Makes me happier!
    I'll definitely read your latest.

L

7. Laks09

Thanks for visiting and thank you very much for the FB Ami. I'm hoping the writing skills are truly there and this is not a flash in the pan entry!
    It's always nice to have at least one person who is watchful of jewelry, now with the Gold prices soaring! You must be glad that DH does notice if something is amiss.

8. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Hi laks wonderfully narrated... everybody's emotion was explicitly explained.. was a pleasure to read...
    keep it up....
    K

9. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dear Laks,
    The very first blog like this, that gets nominated and attracts comments from some of the finest of finests on IL, and you think that it could be a flash in the pan entry???? No way missy! The humour in the post got me smiling all the way through without being serious and feeling a sense of panic and pain for the loss of the CHAIN. It was hilarious right to the end. But honestly I can imagine what state of mind you would have been in, during the course of the search. What Mangalsutra??........hehehe I can't stop smiling at this. So very typical of DHs isn't it? Somethings never change :).

Very nicely narrated and the skill is truely there. No two ways about it. Congratulations on the nomination!

PS: What is a moderated comment???? Jeez did I say anything wrong here? I am curious.

10. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Laks
    You write really good..
    Sorry to say this...Had a hearty laugh at this sentence “I didn’t know you were looking for this! I saw it this morning as I took out our passports and put them in an accessible location in the locker”.
    Good after so much of halla you got your mangalsutra back.
    BTW did you go for your holidays or missed it..........