1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Man with the Golden Teeth

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Teeth

We buy milk from the milk booths here of Saras Diary, the local Rajasthan Diary.They have a scheme, that u buy 30 coupons at one go,pay in advance, get 1 per litre off,and they give u a numbered card,which u fill yr name and adress,and give it to booth guy.He signs and give u half of it back.A lottery is opened, and the first prize is 1 kg of gold.I too have the card and lets see what lady luck brings when the draws are opened.

Today on my morning walks, I met this guy, lets call him Vengali,who won the 1 kg of gold a year back,and was pulling his leg about the prize money.And it reminded me of the time he had won it.

Vengali's name came in the papers,front page as having won the prize,and receiving the gold bar,rather a brick, from our Chief Minister,Vasundara Raje,who is the patron of Saras,and she appears all over the town on hoardings,telling people to buy Saras Milk.After a few days when i met Vengali, i congratulated him,and we were walking in the garden in the circular path.Two walker Goons,fat sloths,who when he sits on the scooter to come to the garden,his stomach covering the whole scooter,and it looks he is just on Wheels,corned Vengali in front of me, and said "Idhar Aa Vengali, party varty de.Sun, kal Saturday hai, bring Two chickens,and two bottles of whiskey to the garden,and we will have a ball".

Vengali is a big miser,though very monied,as i learnt from my barber,who is common to us both.He told them, that he ha joined a religious sect,bcs of which he is pure veg and dosnt drink,and the sect dosnt allow hinm to serve these items even to guests,so no party.smart guy.

Vengali was bugged with the gold prize.He said when he went to collect it, they said pay the tax of 2 lakhs(Gold was maybe 6 lakhs a kilo then),and he told them cut out the 2 lakh gold from the bar as tax,like u would from a bar of Butter but the officials refused to relent.So he had to bring a DD frist of 2 lakhs and then the gold was given to him.

I told Vengali, u lucky bloke, what will u do with the gold?He said, my married dughter she has asked for a share,my wife wants me make something,my son wants a gold watch,so i will be left with very little.

I told him, see i will give u a brillant idea,or rather a brillianter idea.why dont u put golden Caps on all yr teeth,so that when u smile u will dazzle everyone with yr smile.And u would be called " THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN TEETH ".Today i met him, alas he did not listen to my idea, and all his relatives and family squandered the Gold.All i could see was a silver filling.

Now i am waiting for my turn, to win the prize,.so if in the next pics of mine here ,u see me with a blazing smile,u will know where i got the smile From.

KAMAL MAHTANI

2. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Hahahaha, Kamalji..............I will surely know about your dazzling smile...........it will all be because of SARAS diary na......Big Laugh.

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Saraswathi,

Yes u will see my milk teeth shining, courtesy Saras .HAHA.Regards.kamal

4. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Oh, Oh. Why do such prizes go only to the moneyed. I think people above certain income levels should be barred from collecting such prizes as they make the rich richer. We poor should also get something.

I buy saras paneer regularly. Do I have a chance?

5. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

HAHA KAMALJI...that was a great idea...learn to share ...u do not have to keep all the gold yourself...remember your good friends in IL too...we could all do with some gold .......haha..

Mindi

Last edited: Jul 9, 2008
  6. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

Brilliant(er) Idea ... Big Laugh... You made me to laugh loudly today ... Thanks for sharing kamalji ... :)

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balajee,

You will never win the prize, if economics of the rich and the poor apply.See the poor don’t have broadband, and they don’t blog.so u are automatically eliminated.And u are not of Rajasthan either.So I stand a better chance dear friend.HAHA.Regards.kamal

8. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

If I know you at all Kamalji, you will be throwing a party the day you receive the prize. And I will be hopelessly unhappy if you do not include me in your invitation list. I will be watching you with binoculars. So, you won't be able to hide it.

9. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

Namaste Kamalji,

Pranam!

I disagree Kamalji, for you more than a gold cap for your teeth, a golden tumbler will suit you fine...You have a golden smile already and also a golden pen from where these beautiful words come out..

The poor miser! It reminds me of a popular saying : The rich love Shivratri (as it involves fasting and austerity) whereas the poor love Diwali (It involves partying and sharing of what ever little they have).

Hope when you win the prize from Saras, Ms. Scindia will personally come over to hand the prize. You can regale her with some comic stories. Who knows Rajasthan's next Mukhya Mantri Shri Kamalji? He he he...

Out of curiosity Kamalji, I hope even the CM has the same brand of MIlk. Or is her's from some "Phoren" company?

Best alternative Kamalji is to make jewellery of the gold & give them to your mom, wife & daughters. jab Ghar ki auraten kush, to Bhagwanji bhi kush....

Aur haan pls do not forget this "bhakt" of yours....

Regards,

Corallux

10. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Good luck, Kamalji....
    Now you have a reason to party, na!!!!!!!

sriniketan