The Majestic Grand Canyon Experience!

Discussion in 'Travel' started by gjaya, Apr 24, 2010.

1. malligashivaram

malligashivaram Gold IL'ite

WOW JAYA SUCH WONDERFUL PICTURES OF AN UNIQUE PLACE IN THE WORLD, NOT ALL CAN GET AN CHANGE TO SEE IT, THE REALITY OF THE PLACE IS MIND BLOWING , THE MORE YOU LOOK THE MORE YOU WONDER ABOUT CREATION. THANK YOU FOR THE PICTURES, IT IS WONDERFUL AND SUPERB THANK YOU JAYA:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

2. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

It is...Chitra. It is so much more beautiful than these pictures. Thanks for viewing them.

Jaya

3. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

Thanks Malliga...this place is really a unique one... a must-see.

Jaya

4. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jaya,

Your photos of the Grand Canyon brought back memories of my trip there of 2008.

We took the small 10 seater from Phoenix and went to the South Rim.

I am unable to resist the temptation of adding my few fotos here.

Hope you do not mind this intervention of mine sharing this ancient wonder here.........

Last edited: May 23, 2010
  5. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

Hi Sudha,

Thank you so much for dropping by here and posting your pics too. Its such a pleasure to see your pics too.

Thanks
    Jaya

6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi jaya,

enjoyed the pictures. yes ,we too had been there on a day trip from las vegas breathtaking place.isnt it? did you stand there and sing that song from jeans.you bet i did!:biglaugh

we will also never forget that bus tour guide.first time we met such a cheerful tourguide who kept the entire journey lively and fun .i guess las vegas people are like that. like goans from india?

7. Shanmukhabhavan

Shanmukhabhavan Silver IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]Hi Ladies!

I'd like to ask you ladies a (huge) favor who went to Grand Canyon from Vegas recently, as we are also going to visit these two places in the next weekend. I am googling a lot but fortunately could not find enough info. I have few questions hope and request you clarify with detailed info.Many many thanks in advance and truly appreciate any kind of info

about grand canyon:

1) which transportation is more convenient from Vegas to GC--- either Bus/car/flight

2)if bus-which one is more comfort---tour buses or public transportation. Since we'd like to spend 2 nights and take plenty of time to see and enjoy each and everything with no rush.

3) if it's tour bus will they provide accommodation too
    or where can we stay. we tried to book park resorts but they already filled up long ago it seems.

4) which is the best tours to choose and where
    . also

5) will they allow us to stay overnight and return back next day? or we have to catch them the same day.

6) will they cover both rims or only one rim and we need to take another bus to visit another rim?
    are there any free shuttles (inside or outside the park) which take you to all these places?

7) if its car- is it safe to drive? how is easy or difficult to drive? ( cause my DH is not an expert driver yet). In my Google search i found out that roads are dusty and its not at all easy to drive and also tiresome. some people were saying it takes 11-12 hours, is it so?

8) what are dos and don't? which is the best place to rent a car?

About Vegas:

9) what are some good shows that we can watch? any suggestions on particular one? do we need to book them online (in advance) or we can get at the place easily?

10) are there any Indian restaurants on or off the strip? or any recommendations?

Please guide me with your experience as earliest as we are heading to days. also if you could, please mention fee/charges for everything staring from vegas up to ending the grand canyon, the whole trip, or at least for whole grand canyon trip including car, hotel, sight seeing charges/fee, shuttles if any inside the park, etc. your inputs are greatly appreciated. thanks!

Moderators: Hope this is the right place to sit this post in here. if not please feel free to direct me/edit/move this to the appropriate place. [/JUSTIFY]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2010