1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Magic Flute

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by maalti, Aug 7, 2012.

1. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Since there were many elder persons in our house and one by one they passed away, we couldn’t celebrate any festivals for quite some time. The next day was Janmashtami. That year also we were unable to celebrate the festival. I felt very upset. I went to sleep that night, thinking about Krishna and his mischief and about the arrangements that were being made in our neighbourhood to celebrate the festival.
    While sleeping, I heard a very melodious tune. It was so enchanting and mesmerizing that I forgot where I was and my heart and soul started melting in the sweet tune of the flute. Suddenly I was able to see Krishna himself, surrounded by beautiful cows, his friends, the green forest, the birds and animals, all immersed in the music.
    Suddenly the music stopped and the child walked towards me with the most charming smile. “Krishna, oh Krishna!” I cried and invited him with open hands and ran towards him to hug him. He dodged me with his charming smile and asked me “what did you prepare to offer me for tomorrow’s Janmashtami?I felt so bad and said “I am sorry. We don’t have any festivals this year”. The child replied “if it is your child, will you let him go hungry”?
    “My God! Oh my God! I am sorry. I shall definitely not let you go hungry my child. Please forgive me” I replied, tears rolling from my eyes. He again gave me his most charming smile and started playing the flute.
    I woke up with a start. Tears were still rolling from my eyes. “I am sorry my dear child. I am really very sorry” I kept repeating again and again. From that year onwards, whatever happens, I never miss a Janmashtami. And year after year I wait to hear the mellifluous playing of the flute and have a darshan of the little Krishna and his charming smile, but I am still unable to see him.

2. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Thats very touching Maalti. Nicely narrated. And we may not worry about not being able to see Him. He sees us all. -rgs

3. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Thank you Rgs and Michellelille for your encouraging words.