1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Loot

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

<o:p _fckxhtmljob="18">
    The Loot<o:p _fckxhtmljob="18">
    A close friend of mine,Girish, having recently come down from abroad where he works, came to meet me immediately the next day.He had asked me what I want, I told him nothing man, u just come down. He brought for me, a big chunk of Ham, and a few chocolates.We sat down to talk, had lunch at home, and exchanged his expierences about his work there.<o:p _fckxhtmljob="18">
    The next day, I get a call from one of my other common friend, that Girish has been robbed of 3 lakhs of Rupees which he was carrying in his pouch, from his car.Seems he was sitting in his car, waiting for his uncle to come out of a showroom, the pouch besides him, a person appears on his driving side, saying Sir u have dropped some money on the road, my friend says no I havnt, then he says there are some documents too at the back of the Car.<o:p _fckxhtmljob="18">
    My friend had quite a few important papers in the pouch, so he just got down for a wee bit of a second, to see , and there were some papers which were not his.As he got in, the guy puts those notes of 10 and 20 back in the car on girish’s lap, and he tells him irritatedly that these are not mine, and throws them out, and then when he looks at his pouch, it has disappeared. The notes ploy was to gain the extra minute for the thief to take his pouch and put good distance between them.<o:p _fckxhtmljob="18">
    He went to the police station, and there was a big line of people who too had been conned but in ingenious ways.His case came out in the local TV, and he has become a hero, but had to pay a big price to be so well known !!!<o:p _fckxhtmljob="18">
    At the police station, the officers were pretty polite and registered the FIR. And the cases he heard there and came and told me , were really something.Here are a few of them.<o:p _fckxhtmljob="18">
    Mobile Showroom – Two guys come in, young, one came in with a bundle of 500/- hi<o:p _fckxhtmljob="18">
    notes, and started to count on the shop counter. The other guy said, to the salesman (SM), to show him a 40,000 mobile, which he showed. Suddenly the money counting one gets a call, talks on the mobile and goes out, and starts his motorcycle, while his friend grabs the mobile, runs to the pavement, jumps over the railing , sits on the bike and they zoom off. Here the salesman got taken in by the 50,000 notes he saw they were having, so he thought they have the money to buy a 40,000 mobile .<o:p _fckxhtmljob="18">
    Throwing **** - Another guy was followed from the bank from where he has withdrawn a lakh or so.He was on his scooter.Suddenly one guys says, there is **** on the back of yr shirt.He touches his shrt and sure enough someone has thrown **** .This fellow comes with water, like a good Samaritan, and washes his hands and shirt, so now both his hands were off the bag, for that split fraction, and the bag with the money is gone.<o:p _fckxhtmljob="18">
    Yesterday at cards we frends were discussing this, and then my friend who owns the Addidas showroom says, he too has been conned a few times. Usually it is a team of 2 guys. They both engage u, one guy is eating Tobacco pan, and every minute he will go and spit out , and then come in, then the other one will try out the shoes, first he will try out the two different sizes, to see which fits best, then will try both of the same size.<o:p _fckxhtmljob="18">
    Then the tobacco guy goes out , not to come in again, and starts the bike, and this fellow runs out and sits on the bike and vanishes.The friend of mine is left with the fellows old shoes,which I tell him to give me, for free of course, for my Bingo to chew on.!<o:p _fckxhtmljob="18">
    Look at this one which happened with an other friend of mine.He was sitting in his car and talking, on the busiest road of jaipur, and come two guys on bike and coolly snatch the phone from his hand and off they go ! Moral ? Hold the instrument in yr left hand, rather than right .What a silly solution, but is there any other one !!!<o:p _fckxhtmljob="18">
    Then there are guys who take a few expensive T Shirts to the Trialooms, wear two or three of them, and put on their old shirt on top, return the one or two , and vamoose .<o:p _fckxhtmljob="18">
    Most of the guys who commit these crimes, according to the police , are college students, hostellers , even from good families, who are short of money, and many who need the money for drugs, for which the money sent by their parents is not enough. And who will go to the hundreds of hostels Jaipur has, to find out who is the thief.<o:p _fckxhtmljob="18">
    I really don’t know the remedy to this problem, but I can take a guess to the problem.Youngsters these days want all the good things, and maybe drugs, good clothes, shoes, but these are not financed by their parents, and the only way these kids can get them is this way.I don’t say all do it, please there are good kids around too, but even kids from good families are indulging in all this nonsense.<o:p _fckxhtmljob="18">
    And even if they are working and earning, the money is not enough for their galloping wants for materialistic things, for those Barista coffees, Nike shoes, the laptops, those blackberries mobiles, and branded clothes.They don’t even think about their upcoming marriages, kids and other responsibilities.<o:p _fckxhtmljob="18">
    Don’t think this is someother person’s problems.These are problems in families like yours and mine, or even the neighbour’s .The other day it came in the papers, that a police officer’s son was involved in all this, what a shame it must be to his father, who is the keeper of the law.<o:p _fckxhtmljob="18">
    When I lost my mobile in September on my birthday, at a wedding, I went to buy a new one, the shopkeeper is an old time friend, he showed me starting from 40000 , I told him , listen u know I cant afford these kind of gadgets, and he was laughing.I landed up buying the Nokia one for 4800/= good enough for my needs, but the point here I am making is, he showed me the 40000 dummy phone, looking exactly like the original, that was the time I came to know that they have dummies too.<o:p _fckxhtmljob="18">
    So the shopkeepers must show the dummy to the customer. And take the money in advance, to avoid these problems. And when sitting in the car, keep the other 3 doors locked, bcs they divert your attention to the driver side , while the other door is opened and yr goods taken out.<o:p _fckxhtmljob="18">
    Another new one has come in.These beggar ladies with the kid in arm, have joined in these gangs .As u stop at the signal, most come, and before u know it, she opens her blouse, and starts to feed the baby, which is on hire for 100/- for a 8 hour shift as per the cops, and they give u ample glimpse, and while u are distracted their crony takes away yr bag or purse from the other side, and u realize it later when u drive off in the green light.These ladies don’t waste their time on me, for I travel in the Van, and my mobile is not worth getting in trouble with the cops. So I don’t get to see the show.Sad.<o:p _fckxhtmljob="18">
    Ingenious people, but I guess the fancier the car, or the mobile , the more the chances of u attracting these elements.Chain snatching is very strong over in Jaipur, and over 25 incidents are reported in each police station on a normal day.<o:p _fckxhtmljob="18">
    What can the cops do really, we have to take care of our selves and our possessions.And complaining wont get u the goods back.<o:p _fckxhtmljob="18">
    So dear friends, just a few words of caution, when at a signal , keep yr other side doors locked, and if a pouch or a purse , keep it under the rubber matting on the floor, better still have cash In yr pockets if u must, use the expensive phone at home, and a cheap one outside ( reverse the usual, like we like to show off our expensive mobile to all and sundry, now show off the lousy one, and keep the good one at home), don’t be distracted by show of flesh by these beggar women at signals, in fact put blinkers on, as does the horse, so u just see ahead and not here and there.<o:p _fckxhtmljob="18">
    Be careful dear friends, be safe and never sorry. Bad times indeed.We need to take care of ourselves, and flaunt less.<o:p _fckxhtmljob="18">
    Thank you.<o:p _fckxhtmljob="18">
    KAMAL MAHTANI

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Confidece is when yr girlfriend catches u in bed with another gf, and u have the guts to tell her

" Darling u are next, i was just warming up "

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wife - How much do u love me ?
    Husband - Like Shah Jehan
    Wife - You mean u will build a Taj Mahal after i die ?
    Husband - I have already bought the plot, but it is u who is delaying.

=========================================

What is the difference between Chewing Gum and Begum ( Wife)

Answer - Both are sweet and tasty in the beginning , but become tastless and shapeless and chipku( Sticky) later on !!!

2. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

kamalji,

a good warning message to beware of all The Loot that's happening apart from the politicians, corporates (financial scams) who are the biggest looters.

first of all i don't want to call myself a friend of you, because most of them have been looted already.:biglaugh

your adidas friend is to be blamed because he is the one who must have supplied all the good shoes to these looters who can run fast & comfortably. the pity is he too lost.

don't feel bad about missing a peep show in the signal. you are in a different league like you mentioned in another thread - Tiger Woods. you are in a different ball game. he is known for the first official ball game (golf) and more now for a different unofficial ball game. but he ensured both are ball games.

about the first joke:

not only you should have the guts but also the energy.

about the third joke:

by the time they become shapeless or tasteless, we should remember that we lose our teeth as well (by age and more due to the bashings from the begum).:biglaugh

this being a long post i shall come aginn later for more fb.

3. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

Hi Kamalji

Kudos....

This is a eye opener and also Hilarious to read and gain knowledge.

The contents and the message is very clear and useful...

Yes seen lots of cases like this..

Almighty should save us from all this loss.

Here in Mumbai Crowded trains is a heaven for robbers.They easily divert you by trying to push you here and another from there and not allow you to get into the train atlast you get into the train and see your bag is open Mobile and purse is in crow's mouth hahhahahhaa...:biglaugh

Today morning I happen to discuss with my brother.He asked me in Abroad many celebrities and rich people rob ?Why is it so?

He expected me to Reply "I dont know".

After being his elder sister for 20 years I can read his mind I replied his unexpected answer."Its their hobby".he said yeahhhh (Shocked manner.)

My question is Is it really a hobby??

So that I can also give a try.:biglaugh

4. radhavenkatesh

radhavenkatesh Silver IL'ite

hi guruji
    Loot mar has become so common that we should be surprised if we are not looted .
    Atleast these sorts of looting one will be prepared ki we should lock our cars at signals or keep cctvs at our shops and other places of importance but what about the looting we are into daily right from the sabji wala who loots around 5 rs per kg to the government whom we vote in all forms of taxes and wot not ?? ours is a gone case a gone democracy many times i wish we dint have this independance and were under the control of britishers and our India would also be like London :))
    :bonk

5. Ranise

Ranise Junior IL'ite

Kamal Ji,

Good one, I am sure its good to be aware of the different ways one can be conned. In fact many of us think that we are very smart and cannot get duped till something like this really happens to us.

It took me two such occasions with the petrol pump folks and now I am very careful, rather more attentive when at the petrol pumps !

Regards
    Rani

6. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Kamalji...stiff competition you have from Natpudan!! heheheh.......both your post and his reply are toooo good. You have influenced him quite well..hahahh

Here is one more trick that I have heard from friends. In Italy apparantly women with kids on the road actually throw the kids onto you! Yes, they do that it seems. So if we are walking with bags of goodies or whatever in our hands, the minute a baby is thrown at us the first instinct would be to catch the baby with both the hands and so we drop the bags that we had in our hands. In a flash our bags are gone !

7. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear kamalji,
    A really thought provoking post and also an eyeopener to all. Now a days people want to earn money to fulfill their wants without straining themselves. That is why these kind of crimes become a part of daily life.
    Just when we think we've heard about the dumbest criminal on this planet, another story breaks and leaves our mouths agape.This news came in the internet which made me sppechless British actor Ricky Gervais revealed for the first time that a group of unidentified crooks attempted to use a fake passport several years ago to steal about $330,000 from his bank account. But it gets better. Instead of finding a picture of Gervais himself for the passport, they just cut out the picture of his character, David Brent, from the DVD cover of the UK version of 'The Office'. And why did they need all that cash? To buy gold bullion, of course (we swear this isn't a plot from Gervais' next comedy). After Gervais gave his bank permission, it contacted police, who arrested the dumb criminals while they attempted to purchase the gold.
    The most dangerous
    Cyber criminals have changed their strategy and in 2010 they will no longer attack via websites and applications. They are now more focused on attacking computers through file sharing networks.Criminals are willing to pay thousands of euros for a discontinued Nokia mobile phone with a software problem that can be exploited to hack into online bank accounts, according to a fraud investigator in the Netherlands.A thought we are living among these kind of criminals and crimes make me shiver !!!
    with love
    pad

8. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

KM ji,
    The thieves are so clever they come up with most innovative ways to cheat you or rob you.
    Somehow we are unable to catch up with their tactics and only thing we can do is to be cautious.
    Must commend you for keeping track of their activities and making a post on it. You are genius
    Jaya

9. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi natpudan,

first of all i don't want to call myself a friend of you, because most of them have been looted already.

:biglaugh exactly my first thought on reading this post

your adidas friend is to be blamed because he is the one who must have supplied all the good shoes to these looters who can run fast & comfortably. the pity is he too lost.

hahah you have a terrific sense of humour:thumbsup

hi kamalji,

so lucky that you have friends visiting you every day and thanks to it we get a humorous blog every day too..:)
    now i am really scared to visit jaipur and even if i do ,I will not tell anyone I am your friend..i think that is the first step of taking care:biglaugh:biglaugh
    anyway silly of your friend to roam around with so much cash,really..how come being your friend ithna bhi akkal nahi hain..:bonk
    look at me ...so much i have improved ever since i started reading your blogs:)

10. feduptocore

feduptocore Senior IL'ite

well Kamalji....
    Its a BIG BAD WORLD out there .... everyone wants what they can't have!!!... Often when i see college kids hanging around at barista and coffee day or at lounge bars wearing real expensive branded clothes keep wondering how they can this "luxury" which we can do so only once in a while??? too much peer pressure these days... my 12yr son has been after my hubby's life to throw away his old phone and get an i- phone or Blackberry like all other kid's fathers!!! And he wants a cell phone too..... tooo much materialism these days!!!
    Anyways aren't you glad that your friend Girish came to your house earlier with the Ham and chocs otherwise after being duped he would've been too depressed and you would've lost out on the HAM!!!
    your last joke was:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
    K