1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The laws of sowing and reaping!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by SuccessMinded, Apr 13, 2011.

1. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

THE LAWS OF SOWING AND REAPING

Hi all, my blog this week is about the seeds we sow.

This includes the physical seed (our action) and also the mental one that we sow in our mind (thoughts)

Every action carries a seed with it which is sown in our mind. The type of thought or the type of action (SOWING) will result in a positive outcome or a negative outcome (REAPING).

We all know that doing the right thing will result into the right outcome. For example, we all know working out 30 minutes, at least 3 times a week increases our lifespan by 10 years. How many of us do it? Not too many.
    We all know that we are supposed to clean our home regularly and maintain it. It should not be a major project to clean the bathroom or kitchen, but it has to be done by a little bit everyday. But how many of us do it? No too many.

If we all just focus on, doing a little bit everyday, it will result into amazing results.
    But then why don’t most people do it? Because when you do a little bit everyday, you cannot see the results immediately.
    Our mind thinks – “If I don’t exercise today, it will be fine. I am not going to gain 30 pounds because of this. So its okay, lets do it another day.”
    But if we give importance to our daily actions, then it will have a major role to play in our outcomes.
    There are people who spend hours in the gym everyday for a few months and reduce their weight drastically. But that weight loss is not to stay. They will come back to their original weight just as quickly as they lost it. Because, it was not a consistent effort.

I am picking on weight loss, as it is an easy example to give and understand. Don’t take it otherwise.

The same applies to the actual physical seed. Like watering a plant and taking care of it daily. You may not see the results right away. But watering daily, doing a little bit daily, results into a beautiful plant with flowers, fruits or vegetables.

Just like these positive thoughts, there are some negative thoughts that creep into our minds. So many times we hear about homicides (murders) in the newspapers. I always think to myself. I am sure the 20 something year old boy/girl must not have given a second thought to the outcome of their actions. That is what must have prompted them to take the action.
    In a split second filled of emotions such as jealousy, hatred, these youngsters or even mature older people for that matter, don’t think about the outcome. If they were to just think for a moment- do I want to spend the rest of my life in a dark cell in a prison behind bars, where I cannot see the sunlight or nature? Where I will have no one to love me, or no one for me to love?
    If they had thought about it, they would not take some stupid actions to satisfy their temporary emotions.
    Or maybe they think, they are too smart to get caught. But the law of reaping and sowing never fails. THEY HAVE TO PAY FOR THEIR WRONG ACTIONS!!! There is no escape.

The goal of this blog is I guess to just make people “THINK”.
    Think before anything you speak, do, act.
    It bears an impact on your future.
    AND DO A LITTLE BIT GOOD EVERYDAY!!!

Hope you enjoyed reading! Leave your comments and let me know.

2. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

Dear SM,

Quite a thought-provoking post there:thumbsup

Noted down these words of wisdom in my diary of quotes:
    >Think before anything you speak, do, act.
    It bears an impact on your future.

AND DO A LITTLE BIT GOOD EVERYDAY!!!

Keep them coming!!

:cheers
    Saras

3. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

hai sm,

Nice one. Whatever our thoughts that will refelect in our action and it will have immediate reaction also. The summarisation was too good and to be noted also.

MY HAPPY KARA TAMIL NEW YEAR WISHES TO YOU

4. vijaya1982

vijaya1982 Bronze IL'ite

hi successminded,

really very nice blog. I enjoyed and i noted your quotes.

I am able to exercise daily but unable to clean the home daily little bit. Once in a month i will clean!

best rgds,
    vijaya

5. SuccessMinded

Thanks Saras! That is so encouraging! This is what I look for in responses.
    One word of appreciating goes a long way.. thanks!

6. SuccessMinded

Hi Sreemanavaneeth,

You read my earlier blog and this one too... gives me lot of encouragement!
    Thanks!
    I will make sure I live upto your expectations...

Happy Vishu to you also!

7. SuccessMinded

Hi Vijaya,

Thanks for reading and encouraging me with your comments! Means a lot to me :)
    I was also like you.. doing a little bit everyday never hurts, but it doesn't cause any drastic changes either...
    but once you know the secret, you will do a little but everyday.
    You may not see drastic results, but the final outcome will be worth it!

8. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Good one SM... yes a research says most of hte homicides take place becuse of the killer gets bored.... idle mind is devil's workshop... your idea of relating this to sowing /reaping is very good... nice read SM..

ILT

9. SuccessMinded

Hi ILT,

Thanks for reading my blog and also encouraging me!
    Appreciate it :)

10. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

A very thought provoking post :thumbsup
    "What you sow, so you reap!"