1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

"The laws concerning mothers and daughters

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Apr 20, 2011.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

I know mother in law cant take the place of mothers.

Every married woman has the experience with mother in law. There are some who treat their mother in law like their own mother and the mother in law also seeing the love and affection and the respect the daughter in law gives treats her daughter in law as a daughter only.

Both should be equal in thinking then only mother in law will treat the daughter in law as a daughter and the daughter in law will think her mother in law as a mother.

I have seen some daughtes in law who feel that their mother in law cant be a mother and they dont confide in her mother in law. They feel their mother only is the best and also there are mothers in law who think that their daughters are the best and show difference between the daughter and daughter in law.

I cant understand why this feeling is there for the mother in law and daughter in law.

When in a site a person can become a mother to so many virtual daughters though they are not their own daughters why not mother in law become a mother to the daughters in law

It hurts when the daughter in law does not respect her mother in law. There must be so many reasons for that. But always there is a difference shown between motherand mother in law

Lucky are those mothers in law who get an adjusting and loving daughter in law. In some cases the daughter in law thinksher mothe rin law as her mother but mother in law does not feel so. One should be blessed to have a loving daughter in law and mother in law

No relationship can be one-sided and unless the relationship is nurtured well by both, there will be always problems.

2. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]
    HAI MAM,

THE LOVE SHOULD BE ON BOTH THE WAYS. THEN ONLY THE RELATIONSHIP WILL BE STRENGTHENED AND BOTH DIL AND MIL FEEL SHE IS MY DAUGHTER AND SHE IS MY MOTHER LIKE THAT. I WROTE A BLOG ABOUT MY MIL K == MY LIVING GODDESS. I HAVE BLESSED WITH A VERY GOOD MIL AND FIL MY CO SISTERS MY SIL ALL ARE GOOD TO ME AND TO BE FRANK I HAVE BEEN CROWNED AS A VERY GOOD DIL IN MY FAMILY AND IT IS A VERY GREAT AWARD FOR ME FROM ALL EVEN MY CO SISTERS AND MY SIL USED TO SAY SREE IS A GEM.

IT IS ALWAYS SHOULD GET REFLECT IN EVERYBODY'S MIND. FROM THE BEGINNING ITSELF DIL AND MIL SHOULD CREATE A VERY GOOD RELATIONSHIP AMONG THEMSELVES. SO THAT THE FAMILY TREE WILL GROW WELL.
    [/JUSTIFY]

3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Very true ma. It is so important for both mils and dils to realize that and to nurture that relationship. As they say, it takes two to tango.

4. Malar2301

Malar2301 Gold IL'ite

Dear Viji ma,

Even I had a thought that, when we are ready to accept the Virtual moms and virtual daughters, why don't we are ready to show a certain portion of that love to the in-laws. A thought provoking one....

5. rayhaan

rayhaan Bronze IL'ite

Dear viji ma,

I loved the lines "No relationship can be one-sided and unless the relationship is nurtured well by both, there will be always problems".

This is very true, not just the relationship of MIL and DIL, be it any relation, even the relation between two friends needs to be mutually given and taken.. Definitely cant be one sided..

There will be problems, best thing is to discuss and sort it out, rather than grudging over it and going around with heavy heart.. Very few people are bold enough to speak and sort it out and there arises the problem.

I'am very gifted to be blessed with a happy in laws relationship:)

6. iyerviji

Dear Sreemanvaneeth

You are right love should be on both ways. Glad to know you are blessedwith a good MIL and also to know that you are also crowned as a good dil. both of you are great. Let your relationship continue for ever.

7. iyerviji

Satchi dear true it takes two to tango, glad to see you here.

8. iyerviji

Malar dearglad to know you also think in the same lines and liked the post[

9. iyerviji

Rayhan dear glad you liked the lines. Thanks to Satchi for helping me with the concluding part. Glad to know that you have a good relationship with your in laws. Hats off to you. You must be a very loving person thats why you are blessed.

10. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Viji ma, indeed yes.......why is there always this discrimination despite being a good MIL or DIL ?? It is still a mystery !!