The Law of Karma – Part 1

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Feb 1, 2007.

1. aswini

aswini Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra Maami,

I read this post and many of your vedanta posts couple of weeks back and have been having this question for a while. I understand that we reap what we sow. Of late I am trying to tell myself that all these are happening because of previous janma's karma and accept things as they are. But the intriguing question is "What exactly did I do?" . something similar to what smartgirl has posted. I lost my dad at a very early age and yes I used to long for good moments when I see girls and boys of my age having a good time with their parents including my marriage. From then I had this "why" question in my mind. I understand God is not partial but isn't it unfair at the same time if you have to suffer for something that you don't know the reason for.

My question is similar to what smartgirl has written.
    When you get punished , you get to know why you are being punished.When you get punished you realize that something is wrong and try to change yourself. In this law of karma, how do we know our mistakes and how do we correct it? Isn't it reasonable to expect atleast this fairness?

In my opinion, people should reap what they sow within the same janma. If I do a mistake today, I should get what I deserve quickly instead of waiting till future jenmas. The new jenma should be started afresh for everyone and then should take course based on their actions in that jenma.
    Anyways, I am just venting out what I had in my mind. On a lighter note, I think I should be given God's remote like the one in "Arai en 305-il kadavul" and I will change the way karma works. You get reactions for your action immediately not based on past jenmas. Thats how I would have wanted it to be.

1 person likes this.
  2. Hemakrishna

Hemakrishna New IL'ite

Dear Chitramma,

Lovely post. I am very very slowly going through your old posts. They are treasure boxes. Let me open them one by one and try to digest them.

Thanks a ton for taking such efforts to share your knowledge and expertise in the areas you mastered. May God bless you dear!

The example about the 'dhaniya kudhir' is wonderful. Good and simple explanation about karmas. I think it is our 'Good Karma' to have you :)

Love,
    Hema.

3. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite

Exactly! Similarly all punishing periods would have an end. How will we know when we will complete our term. The biggest punishment in ones life is ones conscience and when it starts pricking you daily and you die of guilt and regret that is equal to any capital punishment. There must be time frame fixed and the person must be let go.

1 person likes this.