The Law of Karma – Part 1

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Revathy,
    It is nice to know that you are going through the old posts.
    it is important to know how to corelate cause&effect"
    This just means, whatever actions we do now (cause) will have the repurcussions (effect) later.
    Justice is perfect - never high or low.
    To put it simply, if we want to create happiness in our lives, we must learn to sow the seeds of happiness. Thus karma becomes conscious choice-making.
    You are welcome to come again, if you need further explanation.
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. revathy45

revathy45 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chitraji,
    Thanks very much for that explanation, 'Justice is perfect Not Less Not more'.
    I still am not clear about the sequence,you have said 'cause and effect do not happen in sequence'and two events cannot be co related.

Puriyalye!! I tried hard to put down my understanding but unsuccessful in the attempt.
    Love,
    Revathy.

3. Chitvish

Dear Revathy,
    Events do not happen in a sequence. We do so many pujas & good deeds, say, now. We cannot expect the fruits immediately or in this janma. It may take next or further janmas for fructification. The same holds good for misdeeds also.
    Each action will have its effect, but we cannot say, when & in what order.
    The understanding comes gradually & only with life-experience.
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Chitramam
    You have explained the law of cause & effect in layman`s terms. The law of karma!
    What i cannot understand is that when we are going in the right path,doing the right thing why should we get a negative reaction/result?It has happened so many times.Sometimes when the path is not so right by the standards or guidelines prescribed by the elders,positive results happens.It is so very contradictory most of the time.It is such a puzzle.Never ending................

5. Richa_05

Richa_05 Senior IL'ite

Chitra M'am, thank you for sharing this eye-opening post. I feel like I have awakened to the reality of karma cause even I used to wonder how come people who are ruthless and ignorant to others' needs and feelings still manage to get good things in life. After I read this post, I know for sure that our good actions do ensure a good future for us.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  6. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Chithra madam

Thank you for explaining the law of karma...with good example...

7. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitra mami,

Read all the posts in this thread today. So many of my doubts got clarified after reading repeatedly your clarifications to the queries raised by many of the members. As you said, the cause and effect theory holds good for the many births that we take and the type of life we lead. Mami, how about liberation? When do we get liberation or what should we do to get liberation? Can you write about that topic also?

Also you have mentioned in this thread, that you will write about sarira thrayam and about the three karmas - Sanchita karma, Prarabdhi karma and agami karma . Have you written that, Pl can you give the link, I couldnt find the thread.

Thanks mami for the service you are doing. You are our vedanta teacher.

Radhi

8. Chitvish

9. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Dear Mami,

Thanks thanks thanks....I didnt know that there are this many threads on vedanta. I have been all along going through the threads where in some recent entries are there. I am sure I would get answers to so many of my doubts when I read all the posts. You are our guru. Thanks mami. :bowdown

Radhi

10. smartgirl

smartgirl Bronze IL'ite

Hi Chithra,

How r u doing? I came across your post and found it very intretresting.
    You have touched many of those questions for which I do not know where to seek for answers.
    Like the many others even I ask myself, why am I suferring? Well I do hear from a lot people that it is because of my previous karma.
    I remember just 9 months ago how horrible I felt when I heard a distant friend tell me that "Its my previous janma's karma to lose my dad at 24. She had told me the same thing when I lost my mom 9 years ago.
    This is simply not accepatble. EVen when I tried to understand I could not figure out, How can God punish me for the mistake I have not realised?I am sufferring immense pain of seperation everyday. I wonder on what should I regret? What should I not do to avoid this? What I have done to suffer like this?
    I remember in school, when I misplet a word in my homework my teacher punished me, and she told me it was necessary, only to make sure I dont repeat the mistake and this way I still those spellings. She punished me for the reason I know, and I will not repeat those mistakes again.
    But the pain of seperation that I am going through is for what? I feel lonely, for what? Does someone have an answer for this? ALl I will get to hear is the assumptions.." You might have done this..so you are suffering..you might done that..."
    Is there a specific reason for what I am learning the painful lessons of life?
    While I see my friends have a happy family, not that they dont have problems, but no matter what they have a family to back it up.
    On of your thread you say.."Do not feel, Go has chosen to punish you, He is not partial".
    I dont understand this treament. I understand it takes a lot undertsand god, but to lose your loved ones, in front of you, when you need them the most, I feel it is the pain for your lifetime :(

Regards
    SG