1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Last Lear - A Film of Different Genre

Discussion in 'Movies' started by shaliniku, Oct 11, 2010.

1. shaliniku

shaliniku Senior IL'ite

I watched The Last Lear last night. It was being aired on Zee Studio. I was mesmerized by the movie. One thing I am pretty sure of after watching this movie – Amitabh Bachhan was cut out for stage!! Bollywood has never been able to explore his dramatic talents properly and fully. I had felt the same thing after I watched Black. I felt very grateful to Rituparno Ghosh and Sanjay Leela Bhansali for showing us glimpses of what Amitabh Bachhan could have given us, had he been properly exploited!:bowdown

Produced by Planman Motion Pictures and directed by ace Bengali director Rituparno Ghosh, The Last Lear is an Indian English language film.

2. JayaRawat

JayaRawat Senior IL'ite

When The Last Lear was released, I was visiting my cousins at Kolkata. I went to the South City Fame Multiplex with them and caught the movie. The story is poignant and haunting. The character of Siddharth is that of an eccentric perfectionist and is played brilliantly by Arjun Rampal. Before seeing this film, I had no idea that Arjun Rampal was such a sensitive and awesome actor!! :clap

The more we say about Amitabh Bachhan, the less! Shalini is correct! The first reaction that I had while watching this movie was – Oh My God! This man was cut out for stage!!
    Free-flowing and prolific, the actor does not know what inhibition is! His oration of Shakespeare was one of the best I have ever heard!
    :2thumbsup: