1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

The Last Laugh

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shivachoubey, Jan 3, 2013.

1. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Once upon a time when I was a little fat girl, me and my cousins got involved in a tug fight. My cousins were pulling and forcing me to stand on the weighing machine at the railway station And I with all my strength was trying to run away. In the end I gave up and took the challenge to stand on the machine,braced myself for the coming attack. I was fattest of them all and everyone wanted to laugh at my weight. When the weight slip came out of the machine there was a pin drop silence from my cousins, curiously I took a look and burst out laughing. The machine just showed 20 kilos ( which I definitely was not). I kept laughing and dancing in front of them for a very long time. For all these years this incident stayed with me because it taught me the power of the last laugh.

When I got pregnant, most people told me that with a tendency to gain weight, 20 - 25 kilos of weight gain is normal. I should not expect this weight to go easily, in fact it will be very tough for me to lose weight after delivery because hunger levels do increase while breastfeeding. Every time when someone commented on the impending weight gain and how I won't be in a position to lose it, the railway weight machine incident flashed in front of my eyes.

During my pregnancy I gained 14 kilos and 4 months after the delivery I managed to lose all the weight plus an additional kilo as well (in total 15 kilos). When I stood on the scale one 31st December I just could not stop myself remembering my day at the railway station, just could not stop myself from laughing out loud.

Somewhere in my life I discovered that its not others who decide my fate, its just me alone who calls the shots and decide my destiny.

The one who laughs last, laughs loudest and longest because she knows that no one can take hard work away from her and hard work is the only thing in life that always always pay.

Just after the delivery

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wearing my old jeans felt like a distant dream
    [​IMG]

Finally the Jeans are back on.
    [​IMG]

Remember, when others underestimate your strength then you and me we both know, who will be laughing in the end.

A very happy new year to all of you. This new year don't forget to chase your dreams.

PS: And yes I am back to blogging.

2. selene

selene Silver IL'ite

Hi Shiva,
    This is simply amazing. I sincerely admire your dedication.
    After 16 months of delivery i still have 8 kgs left to loose to get to my pre-pregnancy weight. Hats off to you for achieving this in just 4 months.

3. Sanisha

Sanisha Silver IL'ite

Hi Shiva,
    Hats off to you:hatsoff Im still struggling to loose my pregnency weight. Can you tell me how to loose weight while breastfeeding my 10 month old baby?

4. athimom

athimom Silver IL'ite

Hi Shiva,

Welcome back. Wish u a very happy new year..
    How is ur baby?
    What a dedication! Really superb...I cant imagine your hardwork . Basically I loose my confident and give up easily. Still I'm on the way to reduce my weight( nearly 10kgs to reduce) . From yesterday onwards ,Im seriously thinking about my weight. Today when i open my mailbox , I saw ur entry..Im speechless...got movitation from ur entry.

Thanxs a lot for movitating all Shiva. really appreciating ur work.

5. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Darling shiva,

Fantastic dear!! hats off to you dear!! really great!

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Aw sweetie, i love the way you look.. seriously C was saying it looks as if Aunty just removed P and is voila back into form....and she passes on her new year wishes to you and p... and ofcourse your going back to form brought in a lot of questions from her too...

and definitely last laugh is ours.. after a long time i looked at somebody on Tv programme and though omg, she looks so humongous..remember the time i told you nobody can be more fatter than me and seriously she was.. now attitude shift hehhe....

7. melon123

melon123 IL Hall of Fame

congrats shiva.... u rock!!!!!

8. Neetha79

Neetha79 New IL'ite

Welcome back shiva....u look awesome!! Just 4 months..amazing...am still fighting...have been waiting for ur blogs

9. KatherineSonia

KatherineSonia New IL'ite

Great, great determination!! You are my inspiration, role model and you have once again proved that are made of 'Real Steel'... Shiva rocks!!

10. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Shiva,

A very happy new year to you & yours.

Wow you rock dear.... u look as gorgeous as ever...

Hats off and my bow to you Shiva...

Best wishes to chotu.... :)