1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Lady Killer

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

The Lady Killer

Day before read this piece of news in the papers of a 28 year old lady, a designer, while returning home from a party, late at night, was drunk, lost control of her Car in Mumbai, bashed into a police jeep, killed a Cop on duty, and another person, and seriously injured 4 others.

They showed her pics, and she looked damn decent, from a good family.The area where she stays is also very posh, Colaba, the car a high end Honda, which was completely smashed.what saved her was the Airbags immediately came into play, and cushioned her from any injury.

From the breath analazier it was found that she had consumed 450 ml of liquour, which is equal to 7 and half large pegs of 60 ml. This she had at the party, and she had two cans of beer in the car, which she bent down to pick up to drink, and in those spilt seconds she lost control of the Car.

Now this is a huge amount of liquor even for a man to consume, forget a woman.A bottle of Whiskey contains 750 ml., which is equal to 12 and a half pegs of 60 ml. of which, she had 7 plus pegs in one sitting ! And the police are suspecting that she may have had drugs, her blood test will confirm it. Drugs and Drinks eh ! What is the world coming to ?

Does this mean Drinking is Bad ? Should the drinkers stop drinking ? Which mean our dear friend Vijay Malaya would lose his cash cow, and all this yatches, and Airplanes, all which are from the earnings of liquor from his McDowell’s !

The answer is NO, an emphatic NO. As u all know, I drink everyday, 365 days of the year, barring a day or two when I may be very sick to even get up from bed.I drink four measured pegs of 30 ml, that is total 120 ml, whether my wife is in town or away, eat my food, and sleep by 10/30 max 11 pm.

Same was the case with my Dad and Uncles, who were daily drinkers. They taught me to respect drinks, keep the bottle back in the bar, after u have had yr quota. I know of many friends, who will not get up till they finish the bottle.They literally hit the bottle, as they say.

And when I am at parties, I am in a dilemma .My drinks at home start at 9 pm and end at 10. At parties the drinks carry on till midnight and beyond, and food served around 11.I and Harsha arrive at the venue by 10 . The bartenders serve drinks without measuring, as the host is paying, so more the bottles consumed the better earning for the hotel. So at parties I have say 3 drinks of 60 ml, against the normal 2 drinks at home, but a few times, I have felt very very drunk when I am not able to walk, the reason being what I think are three drinks, were actually 5, to which I am not used to.

So nowadays, I just stick to beer, which even if taken in excess, dosnt make me drunk, but I have to go to the loo a few times more, which is better than getting drunk. Even at my Daughter’s Sangeet party, when we served Scotch to everyone, I was the one who stuck to Beer, to avoid getting drunk, being the father of the bride.

But then u have freeloaders everywhere, some who drink only at parties, or when someone else is paying for it, and they drink beyond their limits, and I have seen them vomiting, talking incoherently , and having to be dragged by a few people, and being dropped home. Shameful to say the least, and that is why nondrinkers look down in disgust on drinkers, and people like me, they are shocked when they come to know that kamal drinks daily and regularly. I don’t care for these people, each to their own.

Even my family doctor he wrote one report, he wrote for me “ ALCHOLIC” , and when I asked the reason, he said, since u cant do without drinks u are one.Well I let it be, I don’t lose my mood often, for I know one thing, if the doc had said, Kamal u are as brilliant as Bill Gates, I wouldn’t become, and If he said, u are worse than a pig, I wont be.So if he thinks I am an alchololic , so be it, and btw he is a nondrinker !

Good if u don’t drink, I am not advocating drinking, but if u do drink, yours or someone else’s, always remember, respect the drink, and have as much as u are comfortable with. Don’t let the drink drink u, u control the drink, for it is your own health that is at stake, not the whiskey manufactures.

In our family, we are 4 brothers and one cousin brother, can u believe all are nonveg eaters, and all are drinkers, but all the ladies are veg, some by religion, some by birth, and none drink even a glass of wine, and of course none of the ladies smoke.

So when I see in the pubs, girls smoking, drinking, or snorting drugs, u can imagine what a shock me as an old fashioned fellow must be going through. Women want to be equal to men in education and jobs, fine, but at least ladies, don’t follow us in these vices, but if u do, learn to control yourself, and not lose yr control and kill so many, as this Mumbai lady did.

Harsha feels sorry for me many a times, and tells me, kamal I wish in the next birth, u do get a life partner, who will share yr drinks, smoke, and nonveg with u, unlike me.But after reading about this incident, well I prefer Harsha for the next 70 janams .
    I wont say cheers this time, but what else to say dear friends.Drink Sensibly if u must, otherwise avoid it totally.

KAMAL MAHTANI

Why does a dog wag its Tail ?
    Because the Tail does not have the strength to Wag the Dog !

Today is 01,02.2010 a very interesting day of this year.
    Reverse it and it becomes 01.02.2010, the same .

A priest to a Man – You must love your enemies
    Man – I do, Father.that is why I love my two enemies, Whiskey and Women.

1 person likes this.

2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear kamalji,

i thought you were going to write about yourself? A lady killer :) or one whose fans are all ladies??

what is the world coming to? nowadys i see many movies where they have the female as the leader of the villains..yesterday i hapenned to watch one where the female wardens in a jail are molesting the poor hero .okay we asked for equality but do things have to be at the other extreme?

And this girl? 28 years? First i felt sorry but I am so angry now...she will come out with some sob story about being neglected by family etc etc...i have no pity for these characters at all.

excessive drinking or Any bad habits(now that is a very relative term ,i know) is not OKAY for men as well as women ..no gender bias here:).

3. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

A nice blog, and a great message too Kamaljhi:thumbsup

4. monifa13

monifa13 Bronze IL'ite

Pranaam Kamalji - We were watching NDTV and came across this news. It's really shocking. Driving under the inflence of alcohol is not allowed in this country. During public holidays, long weekends and even normal weekends police keep a tight vigil and stop the cars to check whether the driver's alcohol consumption is within the allowed limit. My DH won't drive a car even after a glass of beer and I am very happy about this. But in India, if one has the power and money they can get away with murder.

5. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji

You remind me of a friend who says " people will betray me, but my bottle will never do that!" :).

These days everybody drinks Kamalji but there are very few sensible drinkers like you. People act as though they have never seen liquor sometimes. I would surely not say that drinking is bad, provided it is measured. Going along with what Monifa said, I like road rules here. They are very very strict about drink driving and yes, police do keep a vigil on such people. Although it still does not stop people from indulging. People end up losing their driv lic as well if the alcohol content is found too high. Here in parties, there is always a designated driver who decides to stay under limit, while the others have fun. We take turn or worst case, we end up spending the night there and then drive back home the following day.

The media also plays a very important role in advocating against drink driving. Kamalji, you should see the ads that come on TV here for drink driving and speeding etc. They send a chill up our spines and it is a shock to our system as they are so so graphical and gruesome. But people need to realise that these are the possibilities of being careless. The very famous slogan here is "If you drink and drive, you are a bloody idiot".

6. feduptocore

feduptocore Senior IL'ite

Dear Kamalji
    this is a very serious thought provoking topic... if you are drunk you don't drive and if you know that you have to drive home then definately don't drink... such serious irresponsibilty is so prevalent in our indian society. I don't know whether its fashion or society pressure that makes people do this.... I love my glass of wine and occasional bloody mary or screw driver but since i know i can't stand more than one often in parties i simply add tomato juice or orange juice to it so that the glass remains full and nobody keeps on pestering you to fill it up!!!... i learnt this trick from my dad.. he would after 2 pegs of scotch at parties always keep topping with water so that the host feels that his glass is full.
    I hate it when people get drunk just because booze is free. this happens at cocktails hosted by vendors, at weddings especially the parsi ones, and the worst is on flight....
    you are just making an idiot of yourself and nowadays its worse that you can turn to be a murderer!!!
    I really hope that this lady is given the maximum punishment and is not let out like many others because of clout. people like her turn out to be menace to the society.....
    K

7. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji,
    The news you have written is very shocking!!!I think this what is called " Equal rights"Some women want to prove their liberation in this way!!
    The dangers of drinking and driving have been well reported by the media, yet many still continue to ignore the risks, often leading to the injury and death of other innocent motorists. According to some estimates, three in five drivers will be involved in an alcohol-related accident at some point during their lives. This lady should get severe punishment.
    Now like you, I conclude my feed back with ajoke.
    A very shy guy goes into a bar and sees a beautiful woman sitting at the bar.

After an hour of gathering up his courage he finally goes over to her and asks, tentatively, "Um, would you mind if I chatted with you for a while?"

She responds by yelling, at the top of her lungs, "No, I won't sleep with you tonight!"

Everyone in the bar is now staring at them. Naturally, the guy is hopelessly and completely embarrassed and he slinks back to his table.

After a few minutes, the woman walks over to him and apologizes. She smiles at him and says, "I'm sorry if I embarrassed you. You see, I'm a graduate student in psychology and I'm studying how people respond to embarrassing situations."

To which he responds, at the top of his lungs, "What do you mean $200?"
    with love
    pad
    <!-- Server: Jokes About Drinking | Funny Jokes Home Category: drinking File: /drinking_joke_nine.html Previous Joke: A Moving Story Of Inspiration For Us All Next Joke: Beer! And Some Quotes --> <table><tbody><tr valign="middle"><td><script type="text/javascript"> <!-- var theTitle = document.getElementsByTagName('h2')[0].firstChild.nodeValue; current_URL = document.location.href; document.write ("<form action=\"http://www.jokesabout.net/sharethis.php\" method=\"POST\">"); document.write ("<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"title\" value=\"" + theTitle + "\">"); document.write ("<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"url\" value=\"" + current_URL + "\">"); document.write ("<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"pagetype\" value=\"joke\">"); document.write ("<input type=\"image\" src=\"/images/share.gif\" height=\"20\" width=\"54\" border=\"0\" ALT=\"Share on del.icio.us, Digg, Facebook, Email to a friend and more!\">"); document.write ("</form>"); --> </script><form action="http://www.jokesabout.net/sharethis.php" method="POST"><input name="title" value="Bad Psychology" type="hidden"><input name="url" value="http://www.jokesaboutdrinking.com/drinking_joke_nine.html" type="hidden"><input name="pagetype" value="joke" type="hidden">
    </form> <noscript> </noscript> </td> <td>
    </td> <td>
    </td></tr></tbody></table>

8. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

oho Kamalji

it seems I have become very much lazy in writing & more intersted in playing farmville.
    As soon as I saw the news flash abt this incidence I wrote a blog in my mind & gave the name lady Salman khan But due to lazyness you are the one with the blog.
    This was really surprizing that she was loaded with alcohal.
    And the scientfic fact is that females become more drunen with same amount of alcohal than men as their metabolism for alcohal is bit slwer than men.
    Drinking up to 2 pegs of 30 ml is social drinking & when one consume more than that it is alcohalism.
    Even if one has heart attack & is a regular drinker like U:) we Physcians allow them to continue drinking up to 40 -50 ml that helps heart. But if one is non drinker than it is advisable not to start it thinking it would be benificial.
    The news about the lady again brought the epic of salman khan hitting & killing people every channel again started it ,really one has to pay a price for being celebrity.
    About the lady she shoud be send to rehabilatation centres & Should cancil her licence.

9. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Shocking news indeed.
    If she is drunk, why can't she have a designated driver, that's what they call it here, who helps the drunken drive, not to drive and he/she drive them home sagely. They can be friends or volunteers too..
    Um.. sad to note that the 'equal rights' of women is landing in these kind of scenarios.

sriniketan

10. Meenupanicker

Meenupanicker Senior IL'ite

Dear Kamalji
    Wonderful message wrapped in an interesting way.The accident bythe lady killer is not pardanable.
    Recently I was shocked by a forwarded mail showing drunkard Bangalore girls totally losing control of themselves after falling into gullies and police managing to pull them upward.The picture showed them in all ways not different from those drunkards with their clothes damaged and white liquid coming from mouth.
    Equality is to be needed but not in this sense since we are the selected ones to bring to this world the generations to come.