1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Lady and the Kid

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji
    A really touchy post. Feel sorry when such things happen around. Along with such rascals God keeps some good people too around to help the needy.
    Why can't ladies become Durga Maa when something like this happens to them to fight back. Not enough that bastard is getting money from her father and on top of that ill-treating her in return.
    If I was there in her place would have told him to shut his mouth and sit as my dad is paying you so just look after me and all the things that I want you to do, just do it.
    Just curious.......... after 26 years how come all of a sudden you remembered this incident????
    Thank you for sharing this sad post..............How can we have only yummy gossips along with it even such incidents has to be remembered, as good and bad both are required for life to be understood.......

2. hydgrr

hydgrr Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for sharing such a touching experience. Hope that the lady and her daughter are doing good.
    -priya

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Priya,

Thanks.I too hpe so they are fine.Regards.kamal

4. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Kamalji,

I like all your pieces. You talk directly, no frills and fancies and always have something to say. I am not too surprised about the lady with a baby daughter, almost abandoned by her husband. I am a bit relieved that her husband did take her back, that her case was genuine since the money was returned. And like Kamla says, I would wish that she is safe and secure emotionally as a wife, mother and even grand mom today. What is more touching is the way, you and your wife took her in for the night. You treated her like a fond sister, buying her goodies, giving her fare. The world is full of cads like the woman's husband. But it is the few good ones like you (yes, with your self proclaimed drinking, smoking withstanding) who make the world spin round, for rains to fall.

regards
    Vidya

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Aruna,

I read a blog on another site by a lady called Maya,which triggered this blog.Here too i read a blog about " ACt of Kindness" and it broguht back memories of some acts of kindness which others have done to me,many many years ago.Some blogs touch my heart and soul,and bring back memories of another day, good or bad.

You see Aruna,sometimes ladies are not that educated, or their parents are orthodox,hecne these problems occur.I feel education,and having a job, big or small is necessary to be on yr feet, so u dont take **** from yr husband, and have the guts to be leave him and take care of yrself without having to be a burden to yr parents, who ofcourse will do all they can for their daughter.

I too feel sad about this,and i feel happy to see so many opportunities for young ladies and lads these days, working for insurance co's, private banks,u see the roads teeming with them.God bless the young brigade.Regards.kamal

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Vidya,

I am very touched by your words.I dont deserve mostof it, but it makes me feel nice.Thanks.

I pray to god everyday,to give me strong shoulders,so someone in distress can lean and take some respite, not never make me lean on someone else's shoulders,to do what i can, in what ever little way i can.I dont beleive in heaven and hell after life, i feel both are here, and it is us who can make our lives heaven or hell here on earth itself.

I have myself been helped a lot, people going out of their way to make me what i am, withotu whom i would have been alost man.This is just a small thing i am repaying.

Somebody commented on this blog on another site, that the lady could have been a fraud, and committed a crime in yr house.Well me and wife did what we did, the consequences aer not inour hands.So be it.

I remember a satsang i heard on TV of Murari Bapu.He gavie a snall anecdote.

A man was dying on the roads, screaming for water.Everyone passed by him,as is the case these days.A lady carrying a pitcher of water felt sorry for him and giave him some water to drink.

the guy got hsi lfie back, went and murdered a guy.People blamed her, that bcs of her a murder took place.Why did she have to give water to the guy.

She did what she had to, the man did what he had to.How do we know the consequences of our actions.

Sorry for the long reply, got carried away by your warm comments.Regards.kamal

7. lathamohan

lathamohan Bronze IL'ite

Kamalji,
    Felt bad for the lady. By gods grace hope she is happy now. :hatsoff to you and ur wife .Very few come forward in this situations.
    regards,
    latha

8. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji
    You are right. I too get so many articles on this site, really feel sad for some ladies who are fighting out there. I am also proud of some ladies who are facing such situations couragously I saluteBowsuch ladies.
    I would like to share something of my community which I am really proud of. Once a girl is born she is overprotected I think, when she is getting married if the guys side ask for dowry these people are showed the way to the door so no man ask for dowry from the girl. He has to take the girl to his house in the pair of clothes she is already wearing, he has to decorate her like a bribe and take her to his house, this is going on from many many years and even today. Yes it is the parents wish, they can give their daughter what they want but the boys side cannot demand on any thing, so all such things happening is very very rare, might be somewhere one in 1000.
    When I come across such incidents I feel sad for these ladies.

9. aquamarine

aquamarine Senior IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

as you said when we see your name with a thread we immediately assume it is going to be something rib tickling. Today I saw another side to your writing. A very warm piece kamalji. It is sad to see women still being treated like that for money. I read this somewhere Life is like a fruit out of which Jam can be made and the peels are money, the entire world forgets about the fruit in their need for the peels.

Warms wishes,

Priya.

10. Sumeru

Sumeru New IL'ite

Hi Kamalji,

First of all, a big salute to the generous and broadminded Kamalji ! Hope God creates more of people like you to restore the shaken faith of poor souls like that woman. Bow

Secondly, I'd like to meet that barbarious husband of that woman and ask him a thing or two :spin. Such people do not qualify to be called humans, they are nothing short of filthy gutter worms and deserve to be there !

Last edited: Mar 7, 2008