1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The kiddish playful things you do to/with your spouse?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by mstrue, May 26, 2010.

1. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Oh My God! This is even more funny. :rotflI shall try and update you. :thumbsup

2. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

LOL Ms. True.... please don't reveal the source of all this knowledge to him :thumbsup

3. galmysterios

galmysterios New IL'ite

Same here too, true :bangcomp:

Hahahaha...thats a good one pear, tkz. Gonna try it out on my DH :cool2:

4. Vidya21

Vidya21 Senior IL'ite

Very sweet thread MsTrue! You're very creative at bringing a lot of good cheer on IL! :thumbsup

Ha ha Peartree!! :) I do this too, but then my DH switches to Tamil that I hardly understand and cannot keep up with. So to get even with the Tamil I start responding in some gibberish make-up language or Yoda-speak. Very soon, neither of us is making any sense!

We also have an ongoing trivia-game, we keep popping silly quizzes at each other; often, our arguments end with one of of us asking the other if they know P.T. Usha's full name or Mt. Everest's height.

(Its a long story - soon after being married, we were reading something about the U.S. in a magazine, and I admitted to him that "...just between the two of us, I don't know all the U.S. states or their capitals... " he took it seriously and was "...how can you stay here for so long and have no clue about it..." and I was suddenly like "...Oh my God, how could I be so ignorant..." It lead to a BIG cry-session with me spiraling into confessing a million arcane things on the planet that I had no clue about, and a very alarmed DH consoling me by reminding me all the things I knew. Finally, still sobbing and crying, I said "...you're right, I know P.T. Usha's full name... sniff sniff... I also know the height of Mt. Everest that you have no clue about..." LOL. It's our little personal-joke, about who knows more irrelevant-trivia between the two of us. :crazy)

5. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Oh.. The way you narrate this.. :rotfl
    I am sure you must have many more. Love the way you recreated that scene. So dig, dig.. bring out more memories. I am giggling here. :)

We do something similar to this trivia.. we do this 'betting' on any junk matter. Like who sung that song?.. who is the heroine in that junk movie?.. and like. We will do money bets. When I lose and I will tell, "nee enakku thara vendiya xy bucks-la irunthu kazhichchukko" (deduct it from the money you owe me). One time I lost when I cannot identify Navya Nair from PadmaPriya. :bonk

And we play Rummy, keeping scores grudgingly. DS will team up with DH. But he will blurt out his dad's cards and I will win. LOL
    One night, we rang up a friend at 10pm to clarify a rummy rule! And yes, we had a bet on that rule too. (I lost again. :rant)

6. meerajesh59

meerajesh59 Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    Thanks for this nice thread. Very happy to share those things with you friends. We both are very kiddish.
    * He used to call himself as "kuttipappa" (child) and I will scold him:rotflas mom for fun
    * We used sing lot of rhymes (funny rhymes) for fun.
    * We both have lot of nick names named by each other. When he is in office he or I will sms those names and it will create a chuckle in our face.
    * We used to play lot of funny games.

These are few things what we do everyday.

Thanks for giving me a opportunity to share

7. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Thanks for sharing, Meera. :thumbsup
    You may even talk a bit more about the rhymes and games.
    Just curious.:)

8. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

I award you the Most Kozhuppu Gal of IL award.
    MST - help! Whats the english translation (with right 'context') for Kozhuppu?

I'd have said - Most Mean (in a cute way) Gal of IL perhaps - but still Kozhuppu does not have a good equivalent in Inglshpisch?

Also - from all the posts above - looks like most DHs (incl. yours truly) protect the laptops a lot more than their wives :)

Last edited: May 27, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  9. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Sorry SP. Can't be of much help. I can't rub Peartree on the wrong side - I got to learn lot more tricks. She is a treasure box. Can't afford to lose her. :biglaugh

Last edited: May 28, 2010
  10. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

LOL Ms.True.... partners in crime it is :thumbsup Such moments of pleasure of annoying the husband are priceless :-D That's exactly what they should get if they prefer the company of the laptop to the wife :rant

Spidey.... thank you for the "pattam" :p And I don't think any word in the queen's language can convey the true meaning of "kozhuppu" :-D