1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The kiddish playful things you do to/with your spouse?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by mstrue, May 26, 2010.

1. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

True,

Congrats on achieving the Gold. :thumbsup

Why don't you also write what kiddish things you do to your DH, True?:)

There are lot of kiddish things that I do to DH. Infact I myself am very very kiddish.....LOL.

I tickle him a lot, he is very ticklish.:rotfl

I sing songs and enact out just like the actress in the movie, in a very comical way which will make him laugh like anything.

Sometimes do crazy stuff on long drives, like act like actor Rajesh Khanna for instance and say, "Babumoshai...kuch toh bolon" or "Pushpa...I hate tears re " (famous dialogues of Rajesh Khanna) LOL.

I call him various names, names I gather from the Tamil serials...... and speak some broken sentences in Tamil...:bonkwhich will make him laugh.

I speak in a child voice sometimes and make him laugh.

Sometimes when he is after me for not cleaning kitchen or something like that, I immediately give him a standing salute and say "Yes Sir" or call him Military DH...:rotfl

2. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Cute thread!

One thing that we both often do is speak in "Junoon Tamizh". For the uninitiated, the serial 'Junoon' used to be telecast in tamil and the way they spoke was really funny because it often seemed like a direct translation from Hindi to Tamil. So the words in the sentences were misplaced! We do that a lot! Or when we are driving, we try to converse in songs. He has to ask a question with a song and I have to sing back in reply, with a song that seems like answering the question :-D

When I am in an impish mood (read pozhudhu pogama irukkara ppo) and I want to irritate him, the easiest way to get him is to repeat everything he says, even if he is not talking to me and is talking to someone on the phone, or stand right in front of him when he watching TV or ask him "ore oru nimisham laptop thaayen" (give me the laptop for a minute) like I want to see something very important and read some very trashy stuff like behindwoods.com or indiaglitz.com or some entertainment site :thumbsup These are sure-fire ways to get his pressure going up!

3. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

I cannot tolerate this :rant:rant:rant:rant

4. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

LOL :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl That's exactly the point of the exercise :biglaugh

5. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Grr....someone asking for my laptop and then whiling away time is a sure B.P. raiser. "Ore oru nimisham" indeed :rotfl

Last edited: May 27, 2010
  6. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

LOL Spidey.... virtual-aa sonnathukke ippdi reaction naa, I can imagine what my poor husband goes through when I do this. But the funny thing is he falls for it most of the times. Other times he asks me to get lost :hide:

(If this is the reaction for just mentioning it virtually, I can imagine..............)

Well... he should know better than to sit whiling away time on the laptop when there's another person who's sitting "pozhudhu pogama" :rant

7. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Solution is simple - get your own laptop and spend pozhudu (time) LOL!

8. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Already with just one laptop and one desktop, I feel we communicate more like when he was in the US and I was in India. Innum oru laptop veetla vandha (If another laptop enters the house) that's it.... we might was well forget that we can even have the speech capacity :hide:

9. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

:rotfloare oru nimisham - (just a minute) - SUPER, Pear tree. :thumbsup

I should use that.. oops.. once I borrowed his laptop for few mins.. and God knows how.. some virus got in.. he was like, "which sites did you go?" :hide:. I dare not to go near that thing (laptop) ever after especially if he has deadlines.

Oh another thing I do playfully is,
    If DH is in some room, I will call him aloud few times. When he comes near I will ask him, "intha remote-a konjam eduththu thaayen-pa" and show the remote that is next to me. :biglaugh (meaning: Can you please get that remote-pa?). He will say, "unakkellaam koluppu. nee enna seivae!" (implied meaning: You don't have anything useful to do.. what can I say)

** My DH generally gets all panicky if my DS or I go near 'that thing - laptop' with a cup of water. He will go ballistic.. "Hey watch out..". So I will tell my DS, "Dai anga pogathey.. unga Appa romba STRICTu, STRICTu, STRICTu" like a Tamil movie dialog. DH will burst into laughter.

(Meaning: DS, Don't go near that laptop. Your dad is very STRICT, STRICT, STRICT) .

Nowadays, my DS tells the dialog on his own to his dad. And DH breaks into laughter and tension gone. This has become a routine play at home.

Last edited: May 27, 2010
  10. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Hahaha... that's really funny. I should try this once :)

One variation to this that I do is when both of us are sitting in the same room and want the remote or something, he'll ask me to get it by myself, I will get up walk towards the remote and count number of steps. Then I will walk from where he sits and count the number of steps, which I will obviously count less :p Then I will go back and sit without picking up the remote and tell him to give it to me since he is nearer to it :thumbsup

2 people like this.