1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The kiddish playful things you do to/with your spouse?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by mstrue, May 26, 2010.

1. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

We are as YOUNG as our heart is, don't you think?! :)
    I believe, we can be 'young at heart' as long as we choose.

You may be just wed.. or a couple years into marriage or a twenty.. or more. Regardless of the number of years you are married, you might still do some playful mischievous things with each other - just plain childish acts and nothing more - like tickling... or startle the spouse.. a hide and seek.. a tag.. and things like that.

It could be silly..
    It could be a frequent thing you do to your spouse for some laughs..
    It could be a thing your spouse do/did to you..
    It could be a thing you did once upon a time..
    It could be even a thing that you did Today..

Share the joy.. Spread the cheer! :banana

PS: This is my 1000th post (Thanks, VeniMohan.. for bringing that to my notice. I would have missed it otherwise.:)) Now, What better way to make it special other than starting a happy thread like this?! So folks, help the thread send out positive vibes.
    Come one, Come all. :party

Last edited: May 26, 2010

2. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Dear mstrue,

Congrats on becoming a Gold Ilite.

I am married for 4.5 years still there exists a lot of fun between me and DH. I call him when he is at work and say I love you and ask him to repeat it. He goes cranky :) Also at times there may be a love letter(yes, I feel a hard copy of letter is more appealing that a soft copy) waiting for him in the lunch box.

He calls me sometimes as 'Sappa(if you are a chennai tamilian, you will know what it is)'. I get irritated and say yeah I am Sappa and you are the superest(Superlative degree for super as per our dictionary)'. I keep telling it for a while so he gives up saying Sappa. We share quite a lot of fun games just to keep our romance evergreen.

Thanks for starting this wonderful thread.

3. deepd

deepd Gold IL'ite

Congratualtions mstrue for becoming Gold ilite.

Really a nice thread for 1000th post.

for me its not only a kiddish thing that my Dh does..... he behaves like a kid with me to make me laugh when am in a bad mood and some times just like that he starts talking to me like a small kid.... Funny isnt it but i feel on top of the world when he does this.

soon we are expecting another kid at home so am thinking my elder kid (sweet Dh ofcourse ) will grow up after his arrival and i ll miss all this action :(

4. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi MsTrue,

Congrats on striking gold.Keep Going :thumbsup

And thanks for such a bubbly thread.

Here goes mine...

a) Almost daily i make him plead for his towel after a shower..How good it is to have such a chance in the peak hours while rushing to office :wink:

b) He cannot live without appreciation and expects a lot when it comes to dressing..Dresses up and checks with everyone how smart he is(mine is joint family)..as always his mom gives an A+ and he returns proud :rant..But i always used to pull his legs that he looks dark or stout blah blah blah :biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaughHe goes mad and becomes more conscious :rotfl

There are lot many like this..Let me stop and wait for others :hiya

5. galmysterios

galmysterios New IL'ite

CONGRATULATIONS... :clap

Well said mstrue...:thumbsup

True, very true indeed...regardless of the number of years of marriage, we can be our true selves only when we are with our spouses.

My DH loves tickling me, especially when he sees me tickling my son...he'll join in the fun except that he would be tickling me...lol.

In return, I always play small pranks on him. There was this time when I had changed his message ringtone on his mobile to this 'cuppycake' song...the title itself suggests how childish the song would sound....so you can imagine my DH's reaction and my MIL's reaction when I sent him a message via mobile and the song started to play....hahaha...I was laughing all day round. And even thinking about it today, makes me laugh :biglaugh

Thanks for starting this wonderful thread mstrue...I am sure that its gonna be one jolly thread :2thumbsup:

6. Maggie2009

Maggie2009 Gold IL'ite

Ms True,
    You are one helluva creative person..coming up with all these Awwwwww inducing threads..such a refreshing change from all the relationship landmines we live with anyway...

* My dh always lightens up /concludes a serious argument or discussion we have ( usually when he is right and am wrong) by saying- Thala? ...i should reply saying Thala Dhaan ( might be difficult to understand for a non-tamilian)...it immediately makes me smile and all iz well

*I write messages on the bathroom mirror (he generally wakes up later)...so that when he takes a shower, he can read stuff like
    LORD VOLDEMORT IS BACK or 1000 KISSES or anything sillier that I had scrawled:crazy

7. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Hey True, thanks for a cheerful thread....
    Kiddish... well I order the wierdest thing on Menu card and he ordering the known waters cos finally he ends up finishing those fancies :rotfl:rotfl
    Next making him pull over next to florists to treat me.

Playful... well am allowed/expected to play only with his lil Bros :crazy

8. sansmomy

sansmomy Bronze IL'ite

Hi True,
    Congrats! This is indeed a very nice thread...

Me and DH are married since long but have been practicing such kiddish /playful things to keep the romance alive and it has really helped :)

E.g. He likes listening to Bhaajans and when he is lost in that mood, I dance on the bhajan tune in front of him (with actions matching the lyrics) and it makes him laugh like anything.....We watch cartoon movies together and later on rehearse some small scene out of that movie (in that we play cartoon characters with our own dialogues)...He sometimes keeps calling me with name of such cartoon character till we see another movie (e.g. he was calling me 'master shifu' for almost 2 months after we watched kung fu panda)....we play small games and quarrel like kids too :)...My favourite is that I hide somewhere suddenly and let him discover me..:)

There are many such things...initially he used to feel little akward, but now likes these ideas and participates happily :)

~S.

9. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

mstrue,

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! 1000 POSTS :cheers

Ok, Kiddish? Hmm...I'd say some of our fights and arguments are most kiddish - however that ain't a positive thing to say in this thread, LOL! So, perhaps next in line is - when one of us needs to wake the other up...We'll do a bunch of things - pull down the blanket, tickle the feet, rub the head, shake the body, sit on top and jump on the person (reasonably gently), pull the pillow out under the head, slowly push the person to the edge of the bed nearly pushing them out.

There are a few other things like Kiss - but I'll censor those out as I dont think they are "kid"dish LOL!. The above wake up routine is sufficient.

10. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

WOW, this thread is getting sweeter and sweeter! :thumbsup
    Thanks for all the sweet sharings & congratulations.

Here comes mine.
    * Sometimes DH and I will race to the bathroom and there will be a mini wrestling. Both of us will not give up easily. When all fair fighting is not getting us anywhere, we will resort to shortcuts like tickling (both are ticklish), shedding crocodile tears (that's me, ofcourse. I will fake pain and he will relent), distracting (like telling "I hear DS coming.." Did I mention, DS is our censorboard President? [​IMG])

* I will imitate DH to irritate him. Sweet irritation, ofcourse. When he is on the edge, he will try to catch me and I run. In the midst, DS will team up with his dad and we will end up playing tag. Finally we all 3 will collapse on the couch one over the other. NOTE: DS will get sidetracked with all the running around and will not do good on censorship.:2thumbsup:

* Sometimes we will compete for the same spot on the couch while watching TV. Then if another leaves to the restroom or kitchen, spot is gone.

* If one is lying in the couch and watching TV, the other will squeeze in, push/pull and finally both will declare truce, cuddle up together and resume watching. By the time half the show will be gone and 'the new one' shall begin. :wink:

* I will repeat whatever DH says just to enjoy his reaction. DH does the same to DS. :crazy

* And when DH asks for water, I will fill up just very very little and give. If he is very busy, he will not realise the trick and you should see the look on his face when he opens his big mouth to get just a few drops of water.:biglaugh
    Oneday, DH and DS hatched up a plan: "Give mommy the taste of her own medicine". I was waiting for my coffee and they gave me a drop in a huge glass. :hide:

We do many more silly things.. but these are the ones that made it to the "Today's post". (Did you just say, "Good for us?!" :rant)

Last edited: May 26, 2010