1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Karma Of Forwarding

Discussion in 'Interesting Shares' started by Cheeniya, Sep 3, 2021.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

The Karma of Forwarding WhatsApp Messages: New Bhagavad Gita: Adhyaya 19 (Chapter 19)
    Arjuna: "Hey Vasudeva! How can I do this most heinous and unpardonable act of forwarding WhatsApp messages to my friends, relatives and revered elders?"
    Krishna: "O Paarth! At this moment, none of them is your friend or foe, relative or in-law, young or old and good or evil. You have no escape from following your Net-Dharma. Make haste to log on and send off the WhatsApp forwards to one and all. That is the only Karma expected of you and Dharma you must follow."
    Arjuna: "Hey Murari! Do not implore me to do something that pricks my conscience and stirs my soul."
    Krishna: "O Kunti-Putra, you are caught in the vicious circle of Maya! In this material world, you are committed to no one except to yourself, your Dharma, and your mouse. Emails have existed for the last 25 years and will remain long after you are gone. Now you have WhatsApp. Rise above Maya and perform your bounden duty."
    Arjuna: "O Lord Krishna, pray enlighten me on how is WhatsApp related to Maya?"
    Krishna: "O Vatsa, WhatsApp is the 7th element in the universe – Aap, Vaayu, Jal, Agni, Aakaash, email and WhatsApp. It is at the same time animate and inanimate, living and dead beat. It overloads the system and fills up the hard disk. But it serves one great purpose. It leads people to believe that they are filling their time in an intellectual pursuit by reading and re-forwarding message. It gives them a sense of achievement without investing their intellect and efforts. Like the Atman that leaves one’s physical body and moves on to another, the WhatsApp moves from system to system and never gets deleted or dies."
    Arjun: "Great Giridhaari, kindly tell me what the true attributes of WhatsApp are."
    Krishna: "Neither fire can burn it, nor air can evaporate it. Neither can it be conquered nor can it be defeated. WhatsApp is omnipresent and immortal like your noble and eternal soul. Unlike an arrow shot from your bow, many a time the WhatsApp forwarded by you, will even return to you safely after some months or even years, allowing you to re-re-forward it to the same people."
    Arjun: "Great Saarathi, my salutations to you! You have opened my eyes to the cult of WhatsApp. I was lost in the Maya and have been reading all the WhatsApp that I keep receiving and doing no other Karma. Now on, I will just press the "Forward" button without reading any of it and send it to all and sundry, friends and foes, relatives and in-laws, young and old. That will surely bring them to their knees in this epochal battle of Good against Evil, in the Kurukshetra."
    Krishna: "O Arjuna, victory or defeat is not in your hands. Do not ponder over the fruits of your labour. Just keep forwarding WhatsApp and make one and all read it and you will have done your supreme duty. ... Tathastu...

umaakumar and Anusha2917 like this.

2. Cheeniya

Forwarding messages is a great sin.
    It is a greater sin forwarding them without reading them!

3. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

After reading one would not like to forward.Better incur the sin,
    forward immediately,then read.,if you feel so.It is like pressing 'like' button soon on receiving the post.
    Jayasala 42

Cheeniya likes this.
  4. Cheeniya

@jayasala42
    I pressed the Like button after reading your response. Honestly I am a dinner. I have forwarded many posts without reading them!