1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Kaleidoscope called Life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Chitvish, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Have you not seen……

The flowers that look charming though in a graveyard?

Babies who roll laughing around mourners as if it is a play ground?

The dragonflies buzzing across busy roads?

The “fire-flies” that flock around a bright light?

River with no water, but still called river?

A slain cow’s skin creating some wonderful rhythm?

The dead goat’s skin coming alive in a lovely leather bag?

Oh, what wonderful patterns the Kaleidoscope called Life weaves!

Have you ever wondered…….

Which way to turn in a four-road crossing?

Why there is a single slipper lying without pair on the road?

When there is a mild drizzle while the sun is still warm and sunny?

Why parents lose their cherished babies In festival crowds?

Why you read an interesting novel even

When the last pages are torn in tatters?

Well, my friends, if so, that is life!!

sindmani likes this.

2. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Mami,

I know you would have a rolling time in Sing. Welcome back to base. But I know your thoughts are still in SPore. I only hope you do remember us hereRant:hide:

Idhuvum oru Kaledioscope dhane? What you said is perfectly true a child laughing amng mourners........I could relate this very much to my cousin's dh's death and his child was totally unaware and was laughing and playing.

Idhuvellam irundha dhane LIFE nu sollarum illatta oru montonous journey aiydadha. That is the reason life is more interesting, challenging and makes you more strong. Like the iron when heated and beaten only gets the required shape.

3. mkthpavi

mkthpavi Senior IL'ite

Dear Chithra
    This post led me into a mood of contemplation. How true that in life both happiness and sadness seem to coexist at the same time and we are unaware of this ! And many times, it depends on our own perspectives. For example, in an airport, one can see passengers getting ready to board a flight / are coming back after a journey. In the same flight, each person has a different set of emotions - may be there is one, who is going to meet someone dear; may be there is another one, who has just left someone dear behind and is in tears; may be there is another one who enjoys being in the sky and escaping the commotions in the ground, even if it is for just a few hours.
    Referring back to your Gita posts, these emotional disturbances are what provide that 'challenge' element to life and test on us on how well we are at balancing our emotions and thoughts.
    Thanks and love
    Pavithra

PS: There is one common emotion on a Monday morning at work though - "Alas...a weekend is over...and a week needs to be worked through" ...hahahahaha

4. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Dear Chitra

Wonderful write up. Life is only a journey to death.
    It is a great bundle of little things. We spend our years as a tale that is told. Our days on the earth are as a shadow. Every man's life is fairy tale written by God's
    fingers.

with love

viji

5. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Chithu, lovely, profoud lines.Live life to the fullest is the best way.We hardly have nay time to thing of all these in our daily bread-winning battle.When we realise the real "life" -lo it ends abruptly without a warning.Just read and re-read your blog ....its just amazing that you come up with lines like this! ;-)

6. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Chithumma, My dear Adharsha Mangai,

Welcome back...

You have portrayed life very beautifully...

Life is a mixture of feelings, sometimes extreme feelings, sometimes confusions, sometimes happiness etc...

It is always a wonderful experience if we see it with clear eyes...

7. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chithraji,
    Hope you are rested after your tour of Singapore. Hope to see you soon in Melbourne.
    Just a question, what prompted this poem? First a write up that activated a dormant volcano & now the contrasts of life. Your writings are as varied as the topography of Australia.
    As an old Dilip Kumar Song goes," Jahan bhajti hai shehnai, wahan maatam bhi hote hain."
    When my cousin got married, the priest needed twigs for Havan. When I went to the shop to get some, another group of people came in asking for the same twigs. Mine was for a wedding they required it for a funeral.
    When my MIL (Bless her soul) passed away, hubby was telling me there was a 10 yr old who had come to perform his mother's funeral. He was laughing all along & did not know the gravity of the situation. It was only after the priest told him to have an "Antim Darshan" of his mother & explained the significance, the child's cries could have melted hearts of stone.
    "Dust thou art & dust thou return est" say the scriptures.
    Too bad we fall prey to minor irritants and miss the big picture (me included). As for the cross roads, just do what you feel is right & leave the result to nature. Time is
    the biggest healer & life is the best teacher say our elders. How true!
    As for me, Chithraji, this poem opened up a box of memories. Will retain the good & delete the bad!
    Regards,
    Corallux

8. Chitvish

I would go one step higher and say that the surprises are contrasting very often. We see the other side of life as we mature.
    We knowingly do many things in life, but enjoying, which when we did unknowingly when young, but regretted!
    Well, that is the other side of life!
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. Chitvish

Pavi, believe me, I have just written a blog based on what you have written! We can never say, of anything, in life "enough is enough". Our interest gets renewed when our perspective changes, with advancing age, call it maturity!
    I feel, we just need to be able to flow with the tide, ungrudgingly!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. Chitvish

Viji, your feedback is short, sweet
    and beautiful! But we must educate ourselves that unless we learn to appreciate the other side of life, we can never enjoy many things. We love to jump & complain, but must learn to appreciate the other side of life.
    Love,
    Chithra.